I've had this gun for about 3.5 years. Bought it for 642$.

The Saiga 12 has been my FAVORITE gun to shoot!

I just converted this gun and this weekend I get to break it in agian!

I moved the trigger group myself. But since I used the carolina shooters kits it was no problem. All I had to do was drill out the 3 rivets and everything else just bolted in. Anyone can do this. I shot a lot of video of the conversion and plan on putting it up on youtube.

I used the tapco stock simply because I wanted this to be a simple DIY project. I didn't want to pay anyone else to mod my gun. The tapco stock just bolts on with no modifications to the reciever necessary.

Here's what I did:

Tapco g2 modified trigger kit from carolina shooters

bolt on trigger guard from carolina shooters

Modified bolt hold open from carolina shooters

Tapco T6 stock

Tapco saw grip

UTG rail from cheaperthandirt

GTI door breach break

extended charge handle

axis pin retaining plate (love this)

Botach tactical 2 point sling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYxplweJrY

http://youtu.be/wmlWe25R4eA

Edited by mattv2099

Glad you are having fun.

BTW you can shove another 3 rounds in that "seven round mag" it's an AGP 10 shot.

I just got 8 in there. Using all my might. No way I can get 10 in there!

*edit*

Stripped that mag. The spring was in 11 pieces. There's my problem.

I might have known it was a 10 round mag back when I bought it 3 years ago. Over time it became a whatever I can fit in it round mag. lol :)

Edited by mattv2099
  • Like 1

AGP will send you a new spring. That is embarrasing for them. Sad to say you aren't the first. They had a bad batch of springs aprox 3 years ago, and you were one of the lucky few.

• Like 1

AGP will send you a new spring. That is embarrasing for them. Sad to say you aren't the first. They had a bad batch of springs aprox 3 years ago, and you were one of the lucky few.

Thanks for the info. I had a second AGP mag but the it stopped working almost immediately after I got it. I rage quit that mag and shot it up. I wasn't going to purchase anymore of these mags but if they do indeed have this problem solved then I want to get a few more.

You finished moving the trigger group forward, your Saiga project will be forever ongoing.

smile.png For now it should be done! I just shot 350 rounds through it. After 250 it was shooting as smooth as it was before I moved the trigger. I can safely say this gun is where I want it to be. I have too many other guns I need to complete now!!!

There are many stocks that do not require any modification. I personally like the K-var.

I went with the adjustable tapco for uniformity and ease of installation. All my shotguns and AK variants have adjustable stocks identical or similar to that one. It works. It's cheap. I like to keep everything the same. When I grab a gun there is a familiarity and ease of use when they are all set up the same with the same slings and front grips and stocks.

Edited by mattv2099

Thanks for the info. I had a second AGP mag but the it stopped working almost immediately after I got it. I rage quit that mag and shot it up. I wasn't going to purchase anymore of these mags but if they do indeed have this problem solved then I want to get a few more.

Get an SGM mag and be done with that shit.