First I noticed some yo-yo on ARFCOM selling a MD Arms 20 rnd. Saiga 12 drum mag. for $200, claiming "Everyone's out of stock; you know how hard these are to get now"...I thought, B.S.; their all over the place. So I thought I'd go to the MD Arms website to see whats up; website was down. (Yesterday). Website is still down today, and it DOES seem the MD Arms drums are in somewhat short supply...

Anybody know whats up? I noticed Mike Davis hasn't posted here since March...I really, really hope something serious hasn't happened in regards to Mike or MD Arms...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe the government was so happy with Mikes drums they took him to the white house to meet the president! Hypothetical conversation that may explain MD arms vanishing into thin air...   Mike- "Gre

I found him! I found him! He's working in the government facility under Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado! ^Proof! And somehow MacGyver is mixed up in all of this...

I'm just going to get this out of the way...

Posted Images

uh oh, website is down for me also.

I never even got to get my hands on one of their drums. I hope nothing bad happened.

ETA: son of a filthy capitalist pig whore, they're sold out almost everywhere. Looks like I'll have to burn some cash and get some of these just in case something happened to our beloved MD arms.

Edited by Agent Lemon

The drums are NOT that hard to find. I've run across two or three surfing today alone.

As far as MD Arms who knows. The doublestacks never came out, and I never saw the 60 round AK mag that supposedly was pushed ahead of the doublestacks to generate more capital to produce the S12 mags. Seems like possibly a screwy business plan derailed what would have been a bonanza in sales on the doublestacks.....

Edited by Jpanzer

they are working through Copes last I knew...

when i talked to copes last week i asked them what was up with the drum shortage. they said they weren't sure apparantly he had some bad plastic and then some other problem. they did NOT say anything about being out of business. said mike had just gotten behind.

Sometime us small companies have trouble keeping up with demand, especially if ANY of our suppliers has a problem, it can really put a kink in our product flow. I try and keep at least three suppliers on hand and try to spread them out across the country in case of a shortage of something on one coast I may be able to grab some from the other. Of course I try and use as much stuff that's made in the US of A as possible as well.

Hopefully that's what the problem is, I know one bad shipment of any great quantity of plastic might mean days or weeks of taking care of it, then you know the testing on the first run of good stuff is going to be an eagle-eyed one, I feel their pain if that's what's happening there.

• Like 3

Hello. "Some yo-yo from ARFCOM" here. I must be a pirate!

Let me state first, that I purchased my two drum(s) back when they were $200/each. I used one and kept the other for a rainy day. It's raining now, and I'm out of work.

If you go to almost any site and add to cart, they are not in stock. I do see Ammunition to go has them. Grab one NOW!

If $200 for a drum is crazy, let's talk about the $899 for an unconverted Saiga folks were paying about a year ago.

I could see being upset if my price was $350, but asking what I paid is pretty fair. If you are offended by my price, nobody has a Saiga to your head to buy the drum. smile.png I guess I will hold on to mine just a biiiit longer...

-slamfyre

Edited by slamfyre
  • Like 2

Hello. "Some yo-yo from ARFCOM" here. I must be a pirate!

Let me state first, that I purchased my two drum(s) back when they were $200/each. I used one and kept the other for a rainy day. It's raining now, and I'm out of work.

If you go to almost any site and add to cart, they are not in stock. I do see Ammunition to go has them. Grab one NOW!

If $200 for a drum is crazy, let's talk about the $899 for an unconverted Saiga folks were paying about a year ago.

I could see being upset if my price was $350, but asking what I paid is pretty fair. If you are offended by my price, nobody has a Saiga to your head to buy the drum. smile.png I guess I will hold on to mine just a biiiit longer...

-slamfyre

You should be a lawyer or a used car salesman.

• Like 2

I could see being upset if my price was $350, but asking what I paid is pretty fair. If you are offended by my price, nobody has a Saiga to your head to buy the drum.

Sales dont work based off what you paid, they work based off market price. Since there are brand new ones going for $99 on sites still, you wont sell it anytime soon. Asking the same you paid for a used item doesnt work, not if there is still new product for cheaper available

• Like 4

Sales dont work based off what you paid, they work based off market price. Since there are brand new ones going for $99 on sites still, you wont sell it anytime soon. Asking the same you paid for a used item doesnt work, not if there is still new product for cheaper available

It is new in the bubble wrap. At time of posting, I could not find one for sale, anywhere. Now I see them (and even posted above where folks can find them) in stock at sg and a few other shops.

I withdrew my ad, by the way. Not in the business of losing money, and I am not a profiteer, or (lol) a used car salesman or lawyer.

I am just an ak enthusiast like all of you... :)

Slamfyre

Thanks a lot! Guess I'll have to scrap my personal ad where I was gonna ask 500,000.00 (and counting) for my wife.

• Like 4

pm me if you want a link to a place that has them for $99

J&G sales has them for $99.00... wink.png

I would buy them all @ that price, were I rich...

slamfyre

Damn this forum!!!!! First you make me buy ammo.....Then you make me buy another MD20.......$619.40 later......

1 x 7.62x39 Brown Bear FMJ polycoat case, 500rd case. (5-1605c) = $119.95

1 x AK-47 steel 30 round magazines East European. Excellent to like new condition (4-643) = $15.95

43 x 308 WPA (WOLF) 145gr FMJ, 20rd box. (5-1298) = $309.60

------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Total: $445.41

Ground items-$59.12 and Handgun Air-$0.00: $59.12

Total: $504.53

1 x Saiga 12ga polymer 20rd Drum magazine by MD Arms, new. (4-871) = $99.95

------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Total: $99.95

Ground items-$14.95 and Handgun Air-$0.00: $14.95

Total: $114.90

• Like 2

I could see being upset if my price was $350, but asking what I paid is pretty fair. If you are offended by my price, nobody has a Saiga to your head to buy the drum.

no shit! man, i tried to explain that concept to a guy based on a cz70 magazine. he found em somewhere outta stock for 15 bux, when i told him i paid 33, he couldnt come togripswithit

It is new in the bubble wrap. At time of posting, I could not find one for sale, anywhere. Now I see them (and even posted above where folks can find them) in stock at sg and a few other shops.

I withdrew my ad, by the way. Not in the business of losing money, and I am not a profiteer, or (lol) a used car salesman or lawyer.

I am just an ak enthusiast like all of you... smile.png

Slamfyre

i digit, but ya shouldnt have tried to sell it to a buncha tightwad doods at 100 over retail...like you say, maybe in 2 years, maybe 200

We have been trying to get in touch with MD Arms for 4 -5 months and had no luck we are hoping he is working on some super secret project in his lab... but no phones , no email contact , no product has been shipping out and the web site is now down. If anyone has any solid info please let us know we hope all is OK Mikes drums & other products are very popular and our customers need more .

• Like 4

The drums are NOT that hard to find. I've run across two or three surfing today alone.

As far as MD Arms who knows. The doublestacks never came out, and I never saw the 60 round AK mag that supposedly was pushed ahead of the doublestacks to generate more capital to produce the S12 mags. Seems like possibly a screwy business plan derailed what would have been a bonanza in sales on the doublestacks.....

I stand by my earlier post....

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1

I don't know much about (read-jackshit) production of magazines/drums, and i don't know how his business is setup or how many people, if any, work for him. but i gotta ask, is it possible he got hurt?

i used to work for a large building in downtown chicago. in a 15 year span we lost one guy in a lathe accident who wasn't discovered for a day, and another who fell in a sump hole, who wasn't found for three. i shudder to think about it, but some of the phrases being said here remind me of those times. for a well respected member/vendor of this forum to just disappear is concerning. I'm really hoping for just a really bad case of communication and that my fears are unfounded.

for a well respected member/vendor of this forum to just disappear is concerning. I'm really hoping for just a really bad case of communication and that my fears are unfounded.

Exactly. We have many of the top tier business members saying he has just gone MIA several months ago. Plastics issue or not, you would think he'd still be in communication with his vendors. Very concerning. Hope all is well

Edited by VR6Shooter