Is he married, kids....? It seems like people don't usually walk away like that unless there is a hopeless economic situation, marriage troubles or medical emergency.

Whatever it is, I hope he is OK.

• Like 2
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe the government was so happy with Mikes drums they took him to the white house to meet the president! Hypothetical conversation that may explain MD arms vanishing into thin air...   Mike- "Gre

I found him! I found him! He's working in the government facility under Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado! ^Proof! And somehow MacGyver is mixed up in all of this...

I'm just going to get this out of the way...

Posted Images

So much money into patents, r&d, ect.. on quadstacks he went broke? Plotting and insane new line of product after much anticipation? Something terrible happened? Decided fuck this I'm checkin out? Aliens?

Shit this has more suspense and far more interesting than anything I could watch on t.v.

Stay tuned...

Edit: I beleive J&G no longer has any drums for sale.

Edited by Yoshi
  • Like 1
Thanks a lot! Guess I'll have to scrap my personal ad where I was gonna ask 500,000.00 (and counting) for my wife.

pics of boat aren't loading.

She does come with a truck and a boat, right?

laugh.png

Argh! Make that 560,000.00 and counting.

It would be business suicide 101 to pull your customer service and allow your web domain to lapse.

Either something bad happened or he just shot himself in the foot as far as business goes.

The lack of communication created a panic buying response to the drum mags because we know they are superior. If this was a ploy to extinguish the old stock before a new product is introduced, whoever thought of it needs a good skull fucking. You don't do that kind of tricky lawyer type shit to gun enthusiasts. It's not a psy-op friendly crowd.

To the owner of MD 20:

Thanks for the great magazines. I love mine. If you're dead, your legend will live on. Thanks for supporting the shooting sports industry. You won't be forgotten. If you said fuck it all I have enough money, you should at least tell your loyal customers you wanted to stand up and hook up. And finally, if you just forgot to communicate with your shops who invested thousands into your business, pull the bong out of your head. I had a shop years ago and only knuckle dragging stoner snowboarders did shit like this. ie Grenade gloves....

Hope you're OK. Hope it isn't a ploy.

N

• Like 1

Surely one of the mods or other business members has heard something from him? Dont all you guys have like a direct line to each other or cool kids club on the weekends? lol

We have not heard anything from any of the other vendors... :unsure:

Its as much a mystery to us as you all!!!

:smoke:

Well that sucks. I really hate for anyone to be sick or have personal life issues. But I hope something is going on in his life vs just ditching the company and I wish him well on getting it all straight so we see him come back. Would definitely reflect badly on him and his business if he was just being shady.

It's hard to imagine the disappearance being part of some slick business plan. I can understand letting current stock dry up before introducing new product, but it's easy enough to do that just by claiming "production problems". You don't totally disappear and piss off current customers with legit warranty claims (nope, don't have any myself).

I'm NOT saying this is what happened, but what if.....

What if our favorite three letter agency (you know, the murderous gun running anti 2A guys) said, "Guess what Mike, you are getting out of the shotgun mag business and you're going to keep your mouth shut about it." Maybe the notice came with a large check for compensation, maybe not.

Maybe a silly conspiracy theory, maybe not. His drums were prominently featured in the "Non-sporting shotguns" study though, so he is definitely on their radar. I can see a corrupt govt being concerned about a large number of hi-cap Saiga shotgun mags being in the hands of citizens.

I certainly hope things have not gone that far......

Edited by Spartacus

It's hard to imagine the disappearance being part of some slick business plan. I can understand letting current stock dry up before introducing new product, but it's easy enough to do that just by claiming "production problems". You don't totally disappear and piss off current customers with legit warranty claims (nope, don't have any myself).

I'm NOT saying this is what happened, but what if.....

What if our favorite three letter agency (you know, the murderous gun running anti 2A guys) said, "Guess what Mike, you are getting out of the shotgun mag business and you're going to keep your mouth shut about it." Maybe the notice came with a large check for compensation, maybe not.

Maybe a silly conspiracy theory, maybe not. His drums were prominently featured in the "Non-sporting shotguns" study though, so he is definitely on their radar. I can see a corrupt govt being concerned about a large number of hi-cap Saiga shotgun mags being in the hands of citizens.

I certainly hope things have not gone that far......

^That's actually the most plausible theory I have heard thus far..

Oh, then what about promag?

I could see not answering phones for a couple of weeks because he was in jail for a bar fight, but otherwise you can bet he would have someone take care of all the business.

I could see not answering phones for a couple of weeks because he was in jail for a bar fight, but otherwise you can bet he would have someone take care of all the business.

Who knows what Promag's sales are vs. Mike's.

Maybe they start with the largest of their problems.

Good idea to watch what happens with other mag vendors too.

Different vendors may receive "pressure" in different ways.

Hard to really say on any of this until Mike or somebody close to him says something.

The longer it drags on, the worse it looks.

When/if Mike shows up again, somebody please ask him if he was ever requested to turn over his customer list.

Edited by Spartacus

Who knows what Promag's sales are vs. Mike's.

Maybe they start with the largest of their problems.

Good idea to watch what happens with other mag vendors too.

Different vendors may receive "pressure" in different ways.

Hard to really say on any of this until Mike or somebody close to him says something.

The longer it drags on, the worse it looks.

When/if Mike shows up again, somebody please ask him if he was ever requested to turn over his customer list.

Not to mention all of his R&D on doublestacks, etc. He clearly had plans to take the hi-cap world by storm, while Promag is content with their mediocre drum.

All I'm saying is, some sort of underhanded govt activity makes a whole lot more sense than alien activity. Or a stand-up guy with a passion for weapons systems suddenly disappearing and telling his hard earned customers to f*ck off. I mean, God forbid, even bad news such as severe health problems or death eventually comes to the surface. The fact that no one has heard anything, not even rumors, is very puzzling..

• Like 1

What gets me is he certainly was'nt a one man business. If something personal or medical, you would think their would be somebody else with the company that would contact vendors. Only thing I can think (certainly don't wish/want to be the case) is he's belly up.

What gets me is he certainly was'nt a one man business. If something personal or medical, you would think their would be somebody else with the company that would contact vendors.

Exactly. Even in the case of death, vendors/investors/partners are notified by someone. Maybe even more so..

And even without initial notification word gets around, especially nowadays

Ok, while everyone is throwing in conspiracy theories why not me!

Maybe he got an offer he couldnt resist or made an offer because he predicted the future and he is selling out. Most all involved would be lips sealed until the deal and legal stuff was finalized.

Promag buy out MD20s?

Maybe he decided he made enough money already sold out to his partners and while they are working out the details he is off running around spending all his money on blow and hookers? thats what i would do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WChZNVtLNLo

if any alphabet agency was worried about drums, if they ever saw a promag in action, its probably why they haven't been worried about themrolleyes.gif

i myself haven't had any promag issues. because i don't buy promag. but i couldn't help but throw that one in after reading about a dozen promag threads. overall, they never seem to end well

seriously though, isn't there a thread about mikes drums being outfitted on some military land based drones/robots? i remember him being pretty stoked about it. hell i would be too if someone were about to build a few hundred drones that depended on something i built.

i agree, its a bad business model to ignore your customers. i don't know the guy, but he seems stand up from his posts. the real question is, aside from guessing, what can we do? the idea of a wellness check from PD doesn't see unplausible

To be completely honest. I think its just as strange that there is not one person on this forum or other forums that can come in contact with him or some one close to him.

He was a very well known and respected vendor to many places. You dont get close to people and just not know how to get in contact with them. There is some one that has done business, or been a friend to him that knows his friends and/or family.

There is way more to it. If he did just disappear some one would have checked on him by now. SOME ONE knows where he is at least. They may not know whats going on, but people know he is still alive or there would be more people worried in higher standing than just customers.

A person with that kind of reputation doesnt just drop off the face of the earth without word getting around.

again, Some one knows something and they arent saying.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

I say we put Mike's face on some milk cartons. I keep hoping this is a bad dream. No more MD-20's? What's the point in living??

seriously though, isn't there a thread about mikes drums being outfitted on some military land based drones/robots? i remember him being pretty stoked about it. hell i would be too if someone were about to build a few hundred drones that depended on something i built.

Yeah, I remember reading about that last year, I think it was. They used the S12 because it could keep an accurate round-count with the high rate of fire.

I, too, hope everything is ok at MD Arms. Still.. This is bizarre...

To be completely honest. I think its just as strange that there is not one person on this forum or other forums that can come in contact with him or some one close to him.

He was a very well known and respected vendor to many places. You dont get close to people and just not know how to get in contact with them. There is some one that has done business, or been a friend to him that knows his friends and/or family.

There is way more to it. If he did just disappear some one would have checked on him by now. SOME ONE knows where he is at least. They may not know whats going on, but people know he is still alive or there would be more people worried in higher standing than just customers.

A person with that kind of reputation doesnt just drop off the face of the earth without word getting around.

again, Some one knows something and they arent saying.

+1

I'm shocked this thread won't die. Three pages or rampant speculation and it still continues. Has any other AWOL vendor ever generated this kind of interest? I seriously doubt it.

Don't know if it's because of fan boys still dreaming about doublestack mags or whether it's drum junkies looking to add 9 or 10 more to their stockpile of 30 or so, but seriously people, if the guy cared about his business he would still be in contact with the companies that sold his product.

If he shows up fine, If not, I'll wager another vendor will fill the void....

I'm shocked this thread won't die. Three pages or rampant speculation and it still continues. Has any other AWOL vendor ever generated this kind of interest? I seriously doubt it.

Name 3 big time vendors that have ever gone complete awol for 3 months and never generated questions.

Edited by Chevyman097