• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe the government was so happy with Mikes drums they took him to the white house to meet the president! Hypothetical conversation that may explain MD arms vanishing into thin air...   Mike- "Gre

I found him! I found him! He's working in the government facility under Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado! ^Proof! And somehow MacGyver is mixed up in all of this...

I'm just going to get this out of the way...

Posted Images

Mike Davidson has done more good for the world than any Hoffa ever has. He's worth worrying about.

Not arguing that (other than maybe from the Teamsters Union viewpoint) just that the search for Mike Davidson has been just as productive.

Has anyone tried eBay? Jimmy Hoffa on eBay - Find Jimmy Hoffa for less.

• Like 1

In the past, Mike has refused to sell his mold because his new magazine will make the drum obsolete.

Not sure if Mike's new invention will be out by the end of the year, but there will be a new drum coming out by Christmas that will be far superior to any drum currently on the market.

• Like 4

In the past, Mike has refused to sell his mold because his new magazine will make the drum obsolete.

Not sure if Mike's new invention will be out by the end of the year, but there will be a new drum coming out by Christmas that will be far superior to any drum currently on the market.

A drum made by who?

this isn't a rumor about something from chaos is it? its been awfully quiet on that front

Edited by fatty alcohol

ever think Mike got bought out? i mean, why else would you shut shop the hell down totally. maybe someone offered him money for the double stack patent, and then included a cease and decist or no competition agreement in there. lets take a reality check here for a second....what would cause that effect? THAT right there. you ESPECIALLY wouldnty shut your company and website totally down and stop taking calls from vendors. its the only thing that makes sense. even if he were dead, the website would be up.

I mean, unless he is wicked pissed off at something... thats the only thing i can come up with. I cant be seeing anyone getting that pissed off to close shop unless they had a lot of money in front of them from a competitor or a major habit. and i doubt its the second option.

just my 02c

• Like 1

Makes as much sense as anything, but I would expect some kind of "exciting details coming soon" thing on his site, and an eventual redirect to his purchaser. He would want to keep his goodwill with vendors up and sell that too. Normally clients are a big part of the sale price, and they retain an on call status for a while to smooth out transitions.

• Like 3

Nathan, why would he fold up shop though. to regroup his assets and debts? why shut his name totally down?? and not talk to any vendors? it dont make sense. not a great business plan, if thats whats up. I heard the rumors and reports, it just dont make sense.

why would he drop shop, when he has his marketing and vendors alreay in place? it dont make sense man. maybe in that case, he purged something, but you still dont drop the whole site and stuff.

patent infringement is the other thing i can think of, but i havent researched someone else's product for that but once in the last two years.

whatever it is, i hope Mike is laughing at us right now, from Tahiti drinking a mai tai barefoot in shorts on the beach.

• Like 1

Well.... that is if we see Christmas this year.

It'll be just my luck that I'll be checking the UPS tracking on my new "far superior to any drum currently on the market" drum and the update will say:

Expected delivery 12-21-2012

Package out for delivery

Delivery cancelled due to end of world

naaaa.gif

• Like 3

It'll be just my luck that I'll be checking the UPS tracking on my new "far superior to any drum currently on the market" drum and the update will say:

Package out for delivery

naaaa.gif

Or you'll open it up, say "OMG this IS the BEST drum EVER!"......... then the comet hits

• Like 3

Mike did not get bought out. I don't know why he is not communicating with dealers, but he has done it in the past with the initial run and in between runs, so this isn't anything new. Mike is one of our favorite vendors to deal with. We know he is still alive and probably monitoring the forum. Hopefully his new box magazine comes out and people forget about him disappearing this time.

Mike did not patent his drum, so anyone can copy the design without any consequences. With the price of the mold, the only place that could possibly duplicate his drum and sell at a reasonable price would be someone in Asia.

The new company that is releasing the new drum is an extremely well known US manufacturer. We were asked to not let their name out at this time, but they are extremely reliable and already have the prototype made. Everyone will be happy to see them jump into the drum market.

ever think Mike got bought out? i mean, why else would you shut shop the hell down totally. maybe someone offered him money for the double stack patent, and then included a cease and decist or no competition agreement in there. lets take a reality check here for a second....what would cause that effect? THAT right there. you ESPECIALLY wouldnty shut your company and website totally down and stop taking calls from vendors. its the only thing that makes sense. even if he were dead, the website would be up.

I mean, unless he is wicked pissed off at something... thats the only thing i can come up with. I cant be seeing anyone getting that pissed off to close shop unless they had a lot of money in front of them from a competitor or a major habit. and i doubt its the second option.

just my 02c

• Like 2

Even if he is coming out with the newest, biggest, baddest, best drum ever made in the world to end all drums and wants to keep it a secret. Its not a very good idea to just shut down all communication with the world. He still has a customer base to keep in contact with and a warranty to honor. Not a good way to keep happy customers. If that is all it boils down too, its pretty disrespectful and all around poor business choice.

• Like 5

I know I'm looking forward to this new drum, and will sell every other plastic drum I have if that's what it takes to get restocked with a much better product. I always hated the current designs anyway. They suck. Anybody with any sense would much rather load a drum from the rear like a Chinese AK drum. It's also ridiculously wasted space and clutter being a circular path instead of a snail design IMO.

EDIT>> Apparently this post comes across as a bit too negative. Sorry I just have my own feelings on the whole drum issue,

• Like 2

MAA-- to clarify, is Mr. Davidson making this new drum with a company, or is it some unrelated company?

Also since it must be a beta 75 shot how are we going to afford the ammo?

I have to agree with Cobra about other designs being nicer to work with, but "hate" seems a mite strong. The MD 20 and the 12 shot drum are still great, even though they only handle short shells.

Also, since the MD20s are going to be super obsolete, I'll give you $20 each for any you got stuck with.

• Like 1

I know I'm looking forward to this new drum, and will sell every other plastic drum I have if that's what it takes to get restocked with a much better product. I always hated the current designs anyway. They suck. Anybody with any sense would much rather load a drum from the rear like a Chinese AK drum. It's also ridiculously wasted space and clutter being a circular path instead of a snail design IMO.

Rims plus Chinese type rear loading= engineer pulling their hair out.

Helical has more potential, but they rely on everything slipping almost perfectly.

• Like 2

but its a drum, which is inferior to the stick mags. i doubt i will be impressed

just my 02c

no, we would have known aboot it

Package out for delivery

naaaa.gif

ya, but in the gun world everything is always delayed, so maybe by memorial day next year

Mike did not get bought out. I don't know why he is not communicating with dealers, but he has done it in the past with the initial run and in between runs, so this isn't anything new. Mike is one of our favorite vendors to deal with. We know he is still alive and probably monitoring the forum. Hopefully his new box magazine comes out and people forget about him disappearing this time.

Mike did not patent his drum, so anyone can copy the design without any consequences. With the price of the mold, the only place that could possibly duplicate his drum and sell at a reasonable price would be someone in Asia.

The new company that is releasing the new drum is an extremely well known US manufacturer. We were asked to not let their name out at this time, but they are extremely reliable and already have the prototype made. Everyone will be happy to see them jump into the drum market.

just my 02c

i will only buy it if its magpul, or troy, or other well known and RESPECTED ar mag maker

Even if he is coming out with the newest, biggest, baddest, best drum ever made in the world to end all drums and wants to keep it a secret. Its not a very good idea to just shut down all communication with the world. He still has a customer base to keep in contact with and a warranty to honor. Not a good way to keep happy customers. If that is all it boils down too, its pretty disrespectful and all around poor business choice.

hm, it has people talking aboot him though right? its an old biz trick, no???or at least hollyweird goes that route when they want attention...

EDIT>> Apparently this post comes across as a bit too negative. Sorry I just have my own feelings on the whole drum issue,

no need to forward a mea culpa..you are right...

FWIW, just browsing through a seasonal (rec'd Aug 2012)Cabela's shooting supply mag and came across two offerings of drum mags one ten rounder and one twenty rounder. Looks like what MD offers but I don't know for sure...Maybe Cabela's bought out his design and is now marketing it for less... 10rdr=69.99 20rdr=79.99

First time I ever saw Cabela's offer anything for Saiga's...