Genetic transhuman Super Soliders good idea or not?

Nothing new. Just speculation.

Currently, our young men and contractors are using gene therapy, gene doping, steroids, human growth hormone and other methods to become better at their jobs.

Come to think of it, so do Olympic competitors.

The Germans used eugenics to develop fighters..... Every army in the world has tried to make a better soldier.

Perhaps in the future, the corporations can just clone some mercenaries and send them to war instead of using our young men to fight in some shithole sandbox to protect their opiates and oil.

• Like 1

Nothing new. Just speculation.

Currently, our young men and contractors are using gene therapy, gene doping, steroids, human growth hormone and other methods to become better at their jobs.

Come to think of it, so do Olympic competitors.

The Germans used eugenics to develop fighters..... Every army in the world has tried to make a better soldier.

Perhaps in the future, the corporations can just clone some mercenaries and send them to war instead of using our young men to fight in some shithole sandbox to protect their opiates and oil.

i saw that movie 4x's, very bad idea! eventually the clones get feelings...lolz

• Like 1

It is going to happen, the first step is already happening. People are already aborting babies based on sex and other genetic traits. Gene therapy will allow custom design just like in the movie Gattica. Add in advances in nanotechnology and other cybernetic techniques and what we call human can become a lot more fuzzy term. No power or enhancement has ever been ignored. Shoot I am 54 and wish there was a dose of super duper gene juice to fix me back up.

• Like 1

What a waste of money. The military should invest more heavily in cloning cyborg velociraptors instead. I don't see how that could go awry.

1901664-holy_shit_this_is_awesome_super.jpg

As a child of the 80s, I can confirm this.. Dino-Riders were awesome.

• Like 2

Hmmm......who was it that made Stormtroopers again??? Oh yes, an EVIL Galactic Emperor!!! Yeah, this can't possibly be a mistake, no way!

Seriously though, I think a soldier sould Always be someone who Chooses, through their own free will, to be a soldier, Not someone "Made" to be one, like it or not. This would be akin to slavery in my opinion.

• Like 3

But then what happens when we make a remote machine that knows it's a better machine than its users?

14vhhzc.jpg

Hmmm......who was it that made Stormtroopers again??? Oh yes, an EVIL Galactic Emperor!!! Yeah, this can't possibly be a mistake, no way!

I can't bring myself to believe any wild conspiracy theories based on Episodes I-III. I'm just not that crazy.

The question isn't good idea or bad idea... It will simply be an inevitable consequence of living in the future age. The question is how will we continue to define humanity. You'll either have to broaden the scope of which it entails, or shrink it... and either of those is a dangerous path to partake.

• Like 1