One of our current favorite alphabet agencies is at it again. DHS put in another rediculious order for......

750 million more rounds of ammo.

wonder what they're gearing up for?

more info and speculation is found here:

http://theintelhub.com/2012/08/13/prepping-for-civil-war-dhs-set-to-purchase-up-to-another-750-million-rounds-of-ammo/

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-to-purchase-another-750-million-rounds-of-ammo/

why the fuck do they need so much ammo? training? who are they training and why? thats an awful lot of fuckin rounds.

Far be it from me to get in the way of conspiracy theories but could the gummit's motivation not be similar to yours and mine only on an obviously much larger scale? Properly stored ammo lasts for decades and it is much cheaper now than it will be.

Although saving tax payer money by buying in quantity is not their MO.

Just sayin....

• Like 1

If it were in preparation for dealing with the civilian population that would be roughly 2 rounds for every man, woman and child in this country no? Seems like massive overkill pardon the pun.

Seems more like prep for a full on shooting war with a large, organized force i.e. an army. I wonder what the ammo stock was like in the run up to the Gulf War?

Oh ok, this is DHS not DOD...hmmm.

Edited by Squishy

Geez..... maybe we're looking at it all wrong. It just popped into my head that we should all sign up on their side. Get to keep all of our shit and get lots of ammo! Just sayin'....

Let the beating commence........beaten.gif

• Like 4

there are 22 agencies that are under the DHS, DHS isn't just a single stand alone entity. ammo they buy will get divided up to the agencies that need them.

also note what month it is, it's aug. the fiscal year (2013) begins on 1 oct. and just like every gov't agency and military they are spending money before 1 oct, to get the same amount they got last year.

so you can take your foil hats off and put them away

BTW, believing anything printed on nutjob websites is never the way to go. you might as well take a ball peen hammer to your head, that will give you the same sensation as reading those looney tunes articles.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 4

As far as the ammo goes, take a look at who falls under the DHS umbrella. If they are purchasing ammo for all those agencies to share...Secret Service, FBI, Coast Guard, Border Patrol, they all have to shoot regularly to stay frosty.

700 pounds of AN isn't that much if they are making training aids for all those agencies that fall under DHS.

• Like 2

my whole point is that everything this department does should be questioned.

take fema for example. for year they denied having built detention centers across the country, and until recenty, came out and openly admit to doing so. then try to tell us that the great men that founded our country are terrorists. and that all gun owners, retruning vets, and patriots are terrorists.

or the TSA. we all know what a wonderful job their doing fondling little kids and old ladies at airports across the country.

both of these shitty agencies fall under DHS.

and 22 agencies? how many of wich even have anything to do with firearms? maybe half when you take away all the R&D and IT departments.

i dont wear a tin foil hat all the time. i simply look at things from a different perspective.

since they view us as an enemy, i think its only fair that we do the same.

• Like 4

I do not think most people have any idea just how BIG the government is. That amount is just for training aids. It takes a LOT of little samples to train dogs. It takes a lot more larger samples to train X-ray techs, Trucks and sea containers and luggage need trained people to the X-ray scans.

• Like 1

I agree with alot of whats being said here, but i try to put it in perspective.

remember when someone posted an article awhile back about a guy doing something stupid ( i think it involved his girlfriend) and the police raided his house and found " a large cache of weapons and ammo" which amounted to something like a shoutgun, a rifle, and i think a glock, and a 1911 stripped down. the " large cache of ammo" was what amounted to a good day of shooting for most us, which alot of us pointed out with statements like " thats no stockpile!"

I'm just sayin. multiply that guys pile by 22 agencies ( or however many actually carry weapons)

still don't like going through TSA, but its just a thought

• Like 2

the " large cache of ammo" was what amounted to a good day of shooting for most us, which alot of us pointed out with statements like " thats no stockpile!"

There was a guy the next town over who was arrested for charges of "illegal weapons possesion, improper storage of ammunition, firing a gun within 500 feet of a dwelling, construction of a silencer, etc...etc.." I was very intrigued by this case because all over the news it was stated how he had over "1000 rounds of ammunition". I thought about it and with my .22 box I bought I'm already news worthy here. Good news was he ended up having all his charges but the silencer dropped. Lost his LTC and all the guns, but at least he just got probation. I believe the silencer charge held because it was on his boat and he was using it for flares or something.

Edited by VR6Shooter

i love a good discussion, so heres some food for thought.

i do understand that training large amounts of people does take lots of ammo, but over a billion rounds in under a year?

from what i could find for the last few years of their ammo purchases, its been roughly at or a tad over 200 million per year. for a department not military in nature, at 200 million rounds a year, every year for the next five years (that is over 3.33 million rounds every month). i find this hard to believe that they will go through this much ammo every month for training purposes. but especially from an organization that will NOT profile possible terrorists from outside the country but, will and does profile our own US combat veterans and Patriots as probable urban terrorists against the sitting government.

the purchase made in march was double what the above numbers are based on, and are not training loads at all, but JHP duty loads. and then add into account for the recent desired purchase, and the 200 million + they bought last year, and the numbers will be even higher.

but what concerns me the most about this, is when you consider the fact that they are also purchasing lots of other equipment reserved for civil unrest scenarios, the stripping of our liberties, and the fear mongering of a terrorist being in every mailbox, it all seems a bit out of place to me.

• Like 1

DHS, TSA, FBI, DEA, ATF, LEO's, military etc., they are all Americans that you meet, talk and live next to on daily basis. They are not some alien army hellbent on taking away your life and liberties. Granted we have political disagreements but overall barred anything catastrophic I don't really see them acting against the principles this country was founded on.

• Like 4

DHS, TSA, FBI, DEA, ATF, LEO's, military etc., they are all Americans that you meet, talk and live next to on daily basis. They are not some alien army hellbent on taking away your life and liberties. Granted we have political disagreements but overall barred anything catastrophic I don't really see them acting against the principles this country was founded on.

Like it or not, there's even some on this forum!what.gif

secret_smile.gif

• Like 2

You are right the individuals that work there are not hell bent on taking away your life or liberty. They are just earning a paycheck. It's the government that controls those agencies that are of real concern. They are all indoctiranted into their respective role in the government, and many will blindly follow orders of said government, even if they don't personally think those orders are morally, ethically, or constitutionaly right.

• Like 3

You are right the individuals that work there are not hell bent on taking away your life or liberty. They are just earning a paycheck. It's the government that controls those agencies that are of real concern. They are all indoctiranted into their respective role in the government, and many will blindly follow orders of said government, even if they don't personally think those orders are morally, ethically, or constitutionaly right.

Sometimes it's an oath you take. It doesn't necessarily mean "blindly following orders". Everyone with a conscience has a reason for doing what they do. That said, there are people without consciences.

• Like 1

SSA just ordered 174,000 rounds of hollow points!!.

http://www.infowars....-point-bullets/

oh brother here we go again, you apparent don't know that the SSA also has a law enforcement arm. 174,000 rounds breaks down to like 4,300 rounds to each of those 41 locations. which is a pittance amount.

like I said in a earlier post, that seems to fall on deaf ears, sort a speak, is that these agencies are on a buying spree before the FY ends on 31 sept. there is nothing sinister what these nujob sites are implying and that some of you are swallowing hook, line and sinker NOW, what would be real news, is there was no buying activity this close to the end of FY2012. .

some of you guys really need to lay off the nutjob kool-aid - alex jones and others are pouring into your heads, and think for yourselves

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

I just posted for those interested, I assumed they have some law enforcement service that it was for. Just so happened the article I found was from inforwars. I could have posted the link to the govt. solicitation or whatever but it was nothing but Pdf files so this was easier to read.

I dont drink the nut job cool-aid but you cant deny the govt has been ordering a metric SHIT TON of DEFENSIVE ammo, NOT trainling ammo. All these agencies operate within our borders. Now what the hell could they possibly need all that duty ammo for IN THE STATES???