Thinking about a Molot GK-01 on my Kushnapup with ....

Get that GK-01. I think it is going to be absolutely fine as long as you don't intend to fire from the hip (I hate that gay shit anyways, lol). The flash is relatively small on a full length barrel like yours, with or without the brake. I think the GK-01 is going to look and work great on your BP S12. Bear in mind that I do not advocate products or services that I do not wholeheartedly believe in. The GK-01 is a winner. It is extremely lightweight compared to other market offerings and offers a very noticeable recoil/muzzle rise reduction benefit. Post some pics and give your own impression of how well the brake works.

I hope you feel better. By the way, I have some in-laws in SE Michigan, near the pond ;)

Get that GK-01. I think it is going to be absolutely fine as long as you don't intend to fire from the hip (I hate that gay shit anyways, lol). The flash is relatively small on a full length barrel like yours, with or without the brake. I think the GK-01 is going to look and work great on your BP S12. Bear in mind that I do not advocate products or services that I do not wholeheartedly believe in. The GK-01 is a winner. It is extremely lightweight compared to other market offerings and offers a very noticeable recoil/muzzle rise reduction benefit. Post some pics and give your own impression of how well the brake works.

I hope you feel better. By the way, I have some in-laws in SE Michigan, near the pond wink.png

Ok ... almost back to normal after having the flu run through both my 10 year old then my 6 year old! UGH!

I'm going to buy it just for kicks. I'm not sure if I will leave it on for my HD set up (or if I should just leave the Polychoke II on set wide open).

THANK YOU for your input!

I am VERY close to the "pond"! My brother lives right on the canal. The Great Lakes are amazing and the quantity of inland lakes is unbelievable! Also, it's nice to be 45 minutes away from Canada. :)

It's times like this I wish I wasn't left handed...

I just did a google image search for a SBS Kpup, and the only thing I found close was a Kpup'ed rifle. You should totally do it ;)

I did it! ;)

Ordered it from Firespeed Tactical! :)

• Like 1

I hereby commission a picture posting upon its arrival

A few odd details about this company lead me to believe that I may never receive the brake that I ordered, but it got here amazingly fast. Their company name seems to be well fitting.

post-22401-0-35424800-1345298644_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-30147700-1345298629_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-80331600-1345298657_thumb.jpg

Now I have a problem. I don't think I am going to be satisfied with the brake on the full length barrel. I will probably perm it at a touch over 18", but I am debating relocation of the gas block. It runs fine as-is and I am confident that I can make it run well without moving the gas block, but it would be nice to shift a little weight rearward and run smaller port surface area. After breaking a SGM mag by shooting 5 rounds of 3" 00 Buck in it, it looks like this rig is going to be a strictly 3 Gun/light load only rig anyways. Making business decisions for my own companies and holding the hands of a few other companies really has me mentally tapped out. Any input on this matter is welcome as I am too exhausted to reach a timely decision on it. Should I or shouldn't I....? Help a brother out....

ETA: I'm doing it! I just quit smoking cold turkey and really need something to do other than play D34D 1574ND when I am not at work.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 2

I just did a google image search for a SBS Kpup, and the only thing I found close was a Kpup'ed rifle. You should totally do it wink.png

I did it! wink.png

Ordered it from Firespeed Tactical! smile.png

Crap, you made me buy one too for my Kpup. angry.png (just ordered)

I just did a google image search for a SBS Kpup, and the only thing I found close was a Kpup'ed rifle. You should totally do it wink.png

I did it! wink.png

Ordered it from Firespeed Tactical! smile.png

Crap, you made me buy one too for my Kpup. angry.png (just ordered)

GK-01 brakes for one and all! I see a GK-01 pic thread coming up.... ;)

What is that? Looks classy.

It's from Gunstuning Laboratories Muzzle Brake-Compensator PSH-2 is besed on Polygon design but improved a little bit - it has more effective first chamber - has 10 "gills" instead of 8 "gills" on Polygon, and woks little more effective as Muzzle brake. Also this Muzzle brake has more effective second chamber that woks liitle more effective as compensator (comparing to Polygon).

• Like 1

The Molot GK-01 looks sweet and youtube tells me it performs even better!

Really thinking abt ordering one for my next sbs build, but I have a few questions for anyone who has actually shot with it

1) I noticed the vents on the right side of the brake but not the left. Do these cause the barrel to push into your shoulder at all while firing?

Reason I ask is because I am a lefty and would rather not have the barrel pushed away from mine.

2) Thinking of cutting my barrel down to 12" before attaching the GK-01. Would I eat any gas from the brake being much closer to my face? Especially being a lefty with those side vents!

3) Range reports? Does it feel as good to shoot as it looks on youtube?

-AM

• Like 1

video plz?

Range report also

LOL! I'd settle for some pics of that with a nice looking flatbelly holding it. I already know how well it works wink.png

LOL!!!! My friend was in Maxim twice! She is smoking hot but she is 5 months pregnant now. LOL!

video plz?

I'll see what I can do. I am VERY busy with work. Not sure when I'll get to a range next. If I do I'll get vids of before and after. I have some Winchester AA Heavy Target (1300 fps) shot I'll use. The closest range to me let's me use the patterning area to run rounds through the gun. Although I have to wait 1 second between discharges. :/

I can play now!

While I was at perming this thing I thought I may as well move the gas system back a bit. GK-01 permed at 13.5" and gas system relocated 2.25" rearward. It runs Federal Top Gun with an Autoplug. Yesterday was the first brief testing and I hope to try some Winchester Universal soon. I'm sure it will run it, but may have to adjust the Autoplug more than I want to. I'll run a factory regulator if it works out that way. This thing has a lot of subtle but trick changes coming, so I am not going to refinish it just yet. Enjoy!

post-22401-0-37659700-1346031285_thumb.jpg

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

That looks awesome. Does the GK-01 work better with a shorter barrel?

No. It worked a little better when it was on the barrel at 19", but it was crazy long and nose-heavy. Losing the weight of 5.5" of barrel, 2.25" of op rod, moving the brake back 5.5", and moving the block back 2.25" made it feel like a completely different weapon. It was worth the small performance loss. Don't get me wrong, the brake still works great.

ETA:

Almost forgot to mention, this brake pushes a very noticeable blast backwards when firing in a narrow indoor stall. It feels like someone is aiming a blow dryer directly in the face. I didn't notice it outside. I may need to amend my statement about using it on a bullpup. It might not be much fun.... and don't forget the eye pro'.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1