Thinking about a Molot GK-01 on my Kushnapup with ....

Just tested. Seemed like it took recoil down to a little more than my ak. I also noticed the hairdryer effect and I was shooting outside. it ran well. Now to cut it down.

post-42795-0-33979100-1346129582_thumb.png

Are you going to SBS or perm?

That looks awesome. Does the GK-01 work better with a shorter barrel?

No. It worked a little better when it was on the barrel at 19", but it was crazy long and nose-heavy. Losing the weight of 5.5" of barrel, 2.25" of op rod, moving the brake back 5.5", and moving the block back 2.25" made it feel like a completely different weapon. It was worth the small performance loss. Don't get me wrong, the brake still works great.

ETA:

Almost forgot to mention, this brake pushes a very noticeable blast backwards when firing in a narrow indoor stall. It feels like someone is aiming a blow dryer directly in the face. I didn't notice it outside. I may need to amend my statement about using it on a bullpup. It might not be much fun.... and don't forget the eye pro'.

I'm not too worried about it.

My face is ~27" away from the gills of the GK-01. Given they are cut on ~45 degree angle I don't think I'm going to feel it outside. If anything I might feel it on my left forearm a little but no biggie.

Because you were in a stall, the exhaust bounced off of the walls and came right back in your face.

I went to the local range and I typically go to the patterning area but they closed it because some door knob was shooting a .22 there. Now it is only open to members (I'm not one). I have 100 shells of AA heavy target 7.5 shot. I'm going to *TRY* to talk to letting me rip it off.

Edited by pjd393

Just tested. Seemed like it took recoil down to a little more than my ak. I also noticed the hairdryer effect and I was shooting outside. it ran well. Now to cut it down.

post-42795-0-33979100-1346129582_thumb.png

In your face or on your arm?

just from the front in general. It wasn't a sharp blast. It reminded me of a warm gust of wind.

• 1 month later...

1) I noticed the vents on the right side of the brake but not the left. Do these cause the barrel to push into your shoulder at all while firing?

Reason I ask is because I am a lefty and would rather not have the barrel pushed away from mine.

I'd be interested in an answer to this question and/or clarification as to the reason for slots on one side and not the other.

1) I noticed the vents on the right side of the brake but not the left. Do these cause the barrel to push into your shoulder at all while firing?

Reason I ask is because I am a lefty and would rather not have the barrel pushed away from mine.

I'd be interested in an answer to this question and/or clarification as to the reason for slots on one side and not the other.

It is "timed" for a right handed shooter.

It is "timed" for a right handed shooter.

So then would it be worth the trouble to cut slots in the left side and fill the slots in the right side? If you're left handed like I am?

Sounds like a lot of work. I would probably just make one.