Can't say enough how pleased I am with my conversion.

I have been lurking around the forums for a little while trying to decide what to do. Looking at pictures and getting ideas. Trying to find a builder to take on my project. On the Tromix wait list now, but it is 18 months away. When the time comes I guess I'll have them make my SBS. In the meantime I was getting antsy waiting and waiting for a gunsmith. My friend who is an AK enthusiast suggested Two River Arms in Oklahoma. Being local made it a no brainer.

I took my parts and rifle to them around two weeks ago and lo and behold it was ready yesterday. Normally that isn't their turn around, they quote 4-8 weeks, but I guess one of the guys had some spare time and decided to go nuts.

In a word the rifle is awesome. The pics are okay, my iPhone and our production room don't want to be friends.

My next project with them will be the second rifle you see. It will be worth every dime.

post-39333-0-12544800-1345228018_thumb.jpg

post-39333-0-67751100-1345228032_thumb.jpg

post-39333-0-16411800-1345228045_thumb.jpg

post-39333-0-96673200-1345228057_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Next one you will have to do yourself -- the pride meter spikes when you can say, "Uh no, I did not buy it, I modified it myself." It really is not hard at all.

This!

Well my skill set is just south of Klutz, so....

I have an ACR, so I went for a Tacti-Cool look so he could have a friend. I think it is a one-off rail monster. I just like having the ability to attach whatever I wish wherever and whenever. My FNP 45 is just as tricked out with surefire laser/light combo and a Trijicon sight. Overkill, but looks sweet.

That's the ACE folder that's threaded for an AR buffer tube. Word to the wise: if you're not going to run elevated sights, just use the standard folder and the AR pignose adapter. Notice how high the tube is compared to the receiver, of you're running stock sights you'll either have to mash the hell out of your cheek bone or scoot the entire mech so far down that it cuts in to the webbing of your hand to get a sight picture. I made this mistake from the view that I wanted as few connecting parts for less things to go wrong, but didn't look at pictures long enough.

That being said if someone who wants taller sights and that ACE folder, I now have one I'd be willing to part with... lol

spelling edit

Edited by Goose

Tabuk! For real? My Army boy has been into the Tabuk thing for years. Sweet how about a 12ga Tabuk. Sorry to get off subject but you just don't here Tabuk everyday. Even fewer have been engaged by them. Hooahh!

Edited by 45Bretired