What 2 3/4" birdshot for 3 gun?

Thinking about picking up one or two 13rd mags and running my factory full choked S20 in my usual 3 gun match for shits and grins.

The Wally World bulk pack Winchester and Remington doesn't reliably cycle the gun all the time so I'd like to see what 2 3/4" birdshot (6-7 1/2 shot) will take care of the steel and reliably cycle.

Thanks

Eric

Edited by towerofpower93

Win AAs or Rem Premier should be good. I used them in CAS on the knockdowns and they work just fine.

Great Wal-O-China-Mart junk is a bit light, and I've seen a few stuck wads from insufficient powder.

Edited by patriot

The AAs are @ 1145FPS w/ 1-1/8 oz of shot. As long as the targets are set up correctly, these should knock 'em down just fine.

I took out 15 poppers in 12 sec. with a double barrelled 12 with these at a match once. A guy shooting a pump beat me.....just.

(I was having a good day!)

The Rem Premiers you want are the STS Premier. 1200FPS 1-1/8 oz.

Either work great.

Until I started reloading, I bought these.

Stay around 1350 - 1425 FPS with a 3/4 or 7/8 oz load. Winchester AA (Yellow Hull) at wally mart is in this range and it will work as long as the steel is calibrated to either minor 9 or light 20.

Stay with 7 1/2 - 9 shot. Hard to believe unless you test, but the #9 will put more energy on the target than #6 shot. Same velocity but the 9 transfers more energy by having more surface area contacting the target.

Jack

• Like 1