What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

Another Saiga .223 that I helped a buddy convert a couple of years ago to his liking. He was laid off from his second job (meaning he was working two jobs at the same time). I paid more than the rifle is worth, but I look at it as an investment for his family's future.

post-37530-0-92488600-1432178835_thumb.jpg

The only catch is I offered to hold on to the rifle and let him buy it back at the same price. I would much rather he own it and enjoy it than have another Saiga in the safe. Hopefully, things will turn around for him and he can buy it back. If not, I will probably gift it back to him in the future anyway. Can't stand to see someone let go of something they value to make ends meet when they are working their tail off already.(1John 3:16-19)

• Like 9
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

2 cases of golden tiger from sgammo.

This.
Ditto
And again. 4 cases total.

I was sorely tempted to get another 2 but couldn't justify atm.

• Like 1

The only catch is I offered to hold on to the rifle and let him buy it back at the same price. I would much rather he own it and enjoy it than have another Saiga in the safe. Hopefully, things will turn around for him and he can buy it back. If not, I will probably gift it back to him in the future anyway. Can't stand to see someone let go of something they value to make ends meet when they are working their tail off already.(1John 3:16-19)

I hope he buys it back. It would be kind of you to gift it back but he will feel better if he buys it back.

2 cases of golden tiger from sgammo.

This.
Ditto
And again. 4 cases total.
I was sorely tempted to get another 2 but couldn't justify atm. Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

A case of ammo, the gift that keeps on giving.

Next month, I'm putting AK stuff on hold to get my 308 bolt action setup and reloading components for match ammo.

Then, probably back to hoarding ammo. Powder, primers, and projectiles.

• Like 2

Pistol Gear' extended slide release for XDs.

Holy smoke, what a difference!

Also, from fit, finish and color matching: superior execution.

Times of bleeding out of the cut thumb after stage speed reloads are gone.

post-28515-0-06119100-1432554343_thumb.jpg

post-28515-0-37797000-1432554344_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Been putting what i could aside and finally decided to throw my hat in the ring on a silencerco omega 7.62 can. Atf turnaround time looks to be about 3.5 months, lets hope i can keep my excitement in check for that long!:D

• Like 2

Pretty pissed I missed out on the $50 dollars off orders of $250 or more at Gander Mountain. That could've been a very good deal on something I've been meaning to buy for quite some time.

• Like 1
Well, I picked mine up yesterday.  I'll admit I'm a little disappointed.  I was hoping for more external wear but I guess I'll be the one to make that happen.

Lotta guys are reporting theirs weren't shot much if at all.  Mine definitely has been shot.  Haha.

Guys are saying there were the carried guns and weren't shot much then there were the range guns (which mine may be I guess).

Sight is slightly canted but it's sighted in.  Trigger feels alright.  Numbers match.

It was still cheaper than new and came with a story so I'm happy in the end.

Phone pics.  Real camera is at the house and floors are being refinished.  Can't get it.

20150527_182449_20150527185729847.jpg

20150527_182438.jpg

20150527_182830.jpg

20150527_182821.jpg

20150527_182535.jpg

• Like 4

What's that on the muzzle?

Rust...

Some rust, some copper fouling that has turned blue/green.

One of my ARs.  You can see the copper fouling here too (though very low round count on this one).

I like the look so I leave it unless it gets real bad.

16805375009_7770c98782_b.jpg

Oakleys2.1 by David Pyzik, on Flickr

Edited by Pyzik

Just answering the question.

Of course, I was just backing you up.   Your feedback is often some of my favorite on this forum.

I'm more likely to check in on a thread if I see that you've posted something.

• Like 4

Your rusty slant brake brings up an interesting question about U.S. parts.   Did they outfit these rifles with U.S. parts before sending them to the middle east?

To get the number of foreign parts on a WASR down from 16 to 10, I think Century uses the G2 (3 parts), pistol grip (1 part), piston (1 part), and muzzle brake (1 part).

Can you tell if your rifle is set up this way?   I would have expected them to use surplus parts for the original contract because they must have a warehouse full of them.   In that case, they should have swapped them out for US parts before they could be brought back in legally.   Maybe they had the foresight to see that they would again be selling these in the U.S. one day?   Maybe it was easier just to grab existing rifles made for US sales off the rack?

Anyway, I'm just curious.

• Like 1

Just answering the question.

Of course, I was just backing you up.   Your feedback is often some of my favorite on this forum.

I'm more likely to check in on a thread if I see that you've posted something.

I have to admit the the same. I lurk in most threads but there are about a dozen guys, who, if I see they are recent post, will see what they said because I respect there opinion. ( I suppose it should be noted that many of these same fellows are men who I don't agree with other opinions in life, but still respect their input)

Sadly, this number is down from the 20+ a year ago. But for guys like darth, pooling, yot, gob, captain, and more than a few others, I thank you for your input.

• Like 3

A Magpul RVG for my Vector, I just tried it today and it makes it even easier to shoot fast. (and hit what you're aiming at)

Next up will be either a 30 round mag, or a light.

post-38542-0-84364900-1432866591_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Your rusty slant brake brings up an interesting question about U.S. parts.   Did they outfit these rifles with U.S. parts before sending them to the middle east?

To get the number of foreign parts on a WASR down from 16 to 10, I think Century uses the G2 (3 parts), pistol grip (1 part), piston (1 part), and muzzle brake (1 part).

Can you tell if your rifle is set up this way?   I would have expected them to use surplus parts for the original contract because they must have a warehouse full of them.   In that case, they should have swapped them out for US parts before they could be brought back in legally.   Maybe they had the foresight to see that they would again be selling these in the U.S. one day?   Maybe it was easier just to grab existing rifles made for US sales off the rack?

Anyway, I'm just curious.

Yup.  These were purchased here in the US from Century by SOC (922r compliant) then shipped over and supplied to the "contractors" then sold back to highest bidder (Atlantic) for commercial sale.

I wondered the same.  Would a milsurp brake have fared better?  It's the only rusty part of the gun other than some very light rusting in other common areas (gas block at gas tube, crevices at rear sight block, ect.).

I just did a field strip and cleaned up what I could reach with a rag and my fingers.  She was dirty!

20150528_214514.jpg

• Like 1

I just did a field strip and cleaned up what I could reach with a rag and my fingers.  She was dirty!

AK's normal operating state. anim_lol.gif

Congratulations: you've got a genuine piece.

And speaking on the original topic:

- Case of Precision ONe reloaded .223 for upcoming Airborne Reunion.
- Federal AE 9mm for Defensive Pistol I & II and local Action Matches.

And stashing some M855 green tips, shoving the GESTAPO up theirs on their failed ammo ban: priceless!

'Murica,
All The Way!

gallery_28515_1361_271701.jpg
Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 1