What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

Another Saiga .223 that I helped a buddy convert a couple of years ago to his liking. He was laid off from his second job (meaning he was working two jobs at the same time). I paid more than the rifle is worth, but I look at it as an investment for his family's future.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The only catch is I offered to hold on to the rifle and let him buy it back at the same price. I would much rather he own it and enjoy it than have another Saiga in the safe. Hopefully, things will turn around for him and he can buy it back. If not, I will probably gift it back to him in the future anyway. Can't stand to see someone let go of something they value to make ends meet when they are working their tail off already.(1John 3:16-19)

Still his in my mind, but couldn't resist having a little fun with parts I had lying around:

post-37530-0-20683400-1433730914_thumb.jpg

post-37530-0-82582500-1433730951_thumb.jpg

post-37530-0-14917400-1433730994_thumb.jpg

What can I say.... I love wood on an AK!

• Like 2

Another Saiga .223 that I helped a buddy convert a couple of years ago to his liking. He was laid off from his second job (meaning he was working two jobs at the same time). I paid more than the rifle is worth, but I look at it as an investment for his family's future.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The only catch is I offered to hold on to the rifle and let him buy it back at the same price. I would much rather he own it and enjoy it than have another Saiga in the safe. Hopefully, things will turn around for him and he can buy it back. If not, I will probably gift it back to him in the future anyway. Can't stand to see someone let go of something they value to make ends meet when they are working their tail off already.(1John 3:16-19)

Still his in my mind, but couldn't resist having a little fun with parts I had lying around:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

What can I say.... I love wood on an AK!

That looks good, nice work. You gotta do it with a Tapco slab side tho.

MM,

Here is the orange Tapco smooth side . They are easy to match up with the slab side. Willcpost up a few better pics tomorrow/

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Damn that's nice.  I have 6 recently purchased orange smoothsides...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Fun stuff in mail yesterday and today.  Very bright TFO's on the XD9SC and TTGunLeather pancake holster with shark trim, horizontal mag holder and shark belt for the XD45SC Mod 2.

XD9SC_TFO_zpsgda6taho.jpg

XD45SC_TTgunleather_zps3gppjn7g.jpg

Edited by NM0
  • Like 4

Kreb's SIG556 extended safety lever.

What a difference! Makes it a lot more AR-like ergonomics.

(With short original one I had to twist my wrist to reach it, even though my paws are rather "long").

Sorry about crappy pictures: I rather shoot my guns than photograph 'em :)

post-28515-0-75992700-1434896085_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 2

Fun stuff in mail yesterday and today.  Very bright TFO's on the XD9SC and TTGunLeather pancake holster with shark trim, horizontal mag holder and shark belt for the XD45SC Mod 2.

TFO is a God sent improvement. Love mine (on XDs). Day or night, especially in rapid transitions: virtually same brightness. Nice rig and gear!

A word of caution: after ~650 round with TFO my front sight broke and fell off on (thank God, what appears to be) the last round of qual match. I haven't noticed the hole in the front sight until next morning (failed to perform detailed post-shooting gear inspection: shame on me). Checked online: it appears to happening around.

Contacted Tru-Glo, and got warranty RMA right away. Customer Service was excellent. Had to pay for shipping, plus $12 for return shipping, but turnaround was surprisingly quick: something like 3 working days. Brand new sight, BTW.

I removed failed sight myself (with push tool), but later found out that you can send entire slide over, and they will swap and zero the sight for you.

Hope won't happen to you, but just in case...

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 1

Kreb's SIG556 extended safety lever.

What a difference! Makes it a lot more AR-like ergonomics.

(With short original one I had to twist my wrist to reach it, even though my paws are rather "long").

Sorry about crappy pictures: I rather shoot my guns than photograph 'em smile.png

attachicon.gifKrebs.jpg

The Krebs lever and the Ergo grip made all the difference for me.

• Like 1

I was gifted a Cabela's .22 rimfire specific 3x9x40 scope and a 325 box of Federal target grade ammo for Father's Day. The scope is mounted and zeroed already on my Henry.

• Like 3