What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

Simply saying the Meprolight is way better than the TRS25, is like saying the Aimpoint T2 is way better than the Meprolight.

Well no shit, completely different price points for one, $70 vs $400 vs $740.

Not to mention several other points too.

The TRS25 has a very well deserved excellent reputation in its class/price range.

A small step up would perhaps be the Primary Arms Micro, another budget RDS with a stellar reputation.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 5
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

Walmart: stop by for motor oil and load up on ammo...

- Two 100-round packs of Federal American Eagle 9mm FMJ,

- Two 100-round packs of ...Federal American Eagle .223.

- Hoppe's Elite gun cleaner (from Amazon),

- Magpul sling.

Happy New Year!

• 2 weeks later...

Another Saiga .223 that I helped a buddy convert a couple of years ago to his liking. He was laid off from his second job (meaning he was working two jobs at the same time). I paid more than the rifle is worth, but I look at it as an investment for his family's future.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The only catch is I offered to hold on to the rifle and let him buy it back at the same price. I would much rather he own it and enjoy it than have another Saiga in the safe. Hopefully, things will turn around for him and he can buy it back. If not, I will probably gift it back to him in the future anyway. Can't stand to see someone let go of something they value to make ends meet when they are working their tail off already.(1John 3:16-19)

He bought the rifle back tonight. Very cool.

And I would add that there was no background check and I will say unequivocally he is 100x more honest, trustworthy, and a "man" than the current POS that we currently have to call POTUS.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 3

Another Saiga .223 that I helped a buddy convert a couple of years ago to his liking. He was laid off from his second job (meaning he was working two jobs at the same time). I paid more than the rifle is worth, but I look at it as an investment for his family's future.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The only catch is I offered to hold on to the rifle and let him buy it back at the same price. I would much rather he own it and enjoy it than have another Saiga in the safe. Hopefully, things will turn around for him and he can buy it back. If not, I will probably gift it back to him in the future anyway. Can't stand to see someone let go of something they value to make ends meet when they are working their tail off already.(1John 3:16-19)

He bought the rifle back tonight. Very cool.

And I would add that there was no background check and I will say unequivocally he is 100x more honest, trustworthy, and a "man" than the current POS that we currently have to call POTUS.

Sincerely...  Amen Bro!

• Like 1
TacFire 1x35 Compact Green/Red Dot Sight 

Its pretty awesome, I was able to zero it rather easily, its only a tiny bit taller than the iron sights on the Saiga and survived 60 slugs being fired with it on. 

Simply saying the Meprolight is way better than the TRS25, is like saying the Aimpoint T2 is way better than the Meprolight.

Well no shit, completely different price points for one, $70 vs $400 vs $740.

Not to mention several other points too.

The TRS25 has a very well deserved excellent reputation in its class/price range.

A small step up would perhaps be the Primary Arms Micro, another budget RDS with a stellar reputation.

Right now I don't see anything to compete with the Primary Arms ADS for quality/features/price.

The basic PA micro is good, especially when you find them on sale for $49 like I did.  But the ADS is good enough that it can honestly be called a budget Aimpoint.  I'm sure I'll get some flack for that statement but it's 95% of an Aimpoint H1 for 30% the cost.

I'm a big fan of the Meprolight Tru-Dot. It's rugged, has good optics (no weird blue tint when looking through it), insanely long battery life, and the motion sensor auto power-on means you can leave it on and it will be ready as soon as you pick up the gun. And the view window is bigger than an Eotech or Aimpoint.

Walmart storm preparedness: HH6 went for milk, bread, more eggs, and oatmeal. 

I've got more propane, 4 packs of 9mm Federal Aluminum casing FMJ (great stuff cheap!), and another multi-pack of Federal 5.56.

You just never know when frozen zombies might show up at your doorstep... cookoo.gif

• Like 2

After putting together a decent mid-length AR on PSA for only $527.47 after S/H & transfer.

PSA Upper with MOE handguard, Midlength 16", 416R Stainless Steel, 1:7, M4 ramps, F marked FSB

PSA blemished Lower with MOE furniture

PSA BCG

I said screw it & decided to...  Buy more ammo!

Hirtenberger, Surplus 1970s, 960rds, 146gr FMJ

http://www.sgammo.com/product/308-762x51-ammo/960-round-case-762x51-nato-146-grain-fmj-hirtenberger-surplus-ammo-1970s-vin

Delivered for $.53 per rd, and this is actually pretty good stuff, better than the Turkish ZQ1.

Buy ammo, cause a gun without ammo is a club.

After putting together a decent mid-length AR on PSA for only $527.47 after S/H & transfer.

I started out with good intentions of doing bargain builds when I ordered 3 Anderson stripped lowers for $39 each.

But I just couldn't help myself.  I wanted that handguard and that barrel and that trigger and that muzzle device and that bcg and that buffer and that charging handle and 10 pmags for each rifle to match the furniture and ... 

I was glad I let my ffl buy the third lower.  I sure as hell couldn't afford another "cheap" AR build.

• Like 3