What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

Kinda related.  Harbor Freight got me again for some roll pin punches, especially that pesky dinky 1/16" one, a set of brass pin punches, a pretty big turn screw set and a plastic mallet.

It will work and last enough for one more build.

Still trying to find the stashed AR15 build stuff including the barrel jaws, the barrel wrench, the CAR wrench, the ejector C clamp and the usual other junk needed to do it correctly.

Small UPS Brown package arrived today from Ruger containing some more small extra for lost replacement parts for the two tax stamp Elite Iron 6" Echo Suppressed 8" Green Mountain 1x9 twist heavy stainless Short Barrel Ruger engraved receiver Form 1 10-22 with a cut down Choate folder.  Wild springtime critter problem coming up with the garden.  All Oregon, US Code And NFA Rules Apply.  Wow!

Yahoo!  Does finally FINDING something gun related instead of buying it count?  Found my old set of AR15 alluminuminum barrel vise jaws, the barrel wrench and my old old click type torque wrench.  How does one test the accuracy on an old torque wrench?

Slowly gathering all the bits and pieces to do the last ride, a Stag Left Hand top M16A4 flat top semi auto replica.  Probably in 5.56.  Any good ideas on a sweet durable trigger?  A nicer 20" black HB barrel in a chamber that will let me shoot off all 5.56 good stuff?

How about floating A2 type hand guards with something that looks like a delta ring?  I think right now about leaning towards the OEM forged front site base.  Also a good removable top carrying handle assembly with some good A2 OEM type rear sights?  Any ideas?

• Like 1

A2 fixed stock for my PSA rifle.

I wish I had known you were looking for one.

I need another for a planned build.

Is it just the stock or full assembly?

I need the whole assembly.

I was at the LGS picking up the WASR (pics soon) and a stainless Taurus 85 called to me from the bottom shelf. I adopted it so the WASR wouldn't feel lonely on the trip home.

• Like 3

I was at the LGS picking up the WASR (pics soon) and a stainless Taurus 85 called to me from the bottom shelf. I adopted it so the WASR wouldn't feel lonely on the trip home.

You're a good man. haha.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Slick side upper and cheap hand guard at the gun show today

It's getting there, just need a bolt and charging handle

I don't see anything "cheap" there.

If it functions well, who cares (about the brand name/tag)? Keep us posted.

And yeah, not just yapping off the topic:

- 10 boxes of 12-gauge birdshot;

- 2 x 100 rounds of Federal 9mm;

- 2 x 100 rounds of Federal 5.56;

- Pint of CLP;

Happy Shooting!

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 1

Saiga .308

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

All your guns seem to look pretty darn nice!!

An attention to detail kinda guy big_smile.gif

Yes I am. Sometimes in the case of this wood and learning a new medium, such as shellac, I may strip and redo 2-3 times until I get it right. I am learning from every failure. This was my absolute worst at three attempts before getting what I wanted. The good thing is I can replicate everything I have learned before. I have been a successful chemical Sales Manager for a global company for 22 years. I am starting to look at what it will take to do what I love to do for a living and that is building firearms, even if it requires a substantial pay cut.

Sorry I'll shut up now. Back to the thread!

Edited by Spacehog