What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

So are you going to be righteous and honorable?

I'd atleast give them the opportunity to correct their mistake, at their expense of course.

They have to provide package p/u and pay S/H.

Odds are good they tell you to keep it.

Be that 1:1000 that is truly upstanding.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

I should really tell them, yeah. It was the first bit of good luck I've had after a lot of bad so admittedly I was/am pretty tempted to let it stand. For the sake of whoever filled my order at least I should since it'd be their ass on the line when inventory time comes around.

• Like 1

Spacehog:  Wow! Gorgeous wood.  Where can we find stuff like that?  Fits on your Saiga 7.62x51.  Would it also fit a S12?

It is standard AKM laminate furniture available from Apex or similar suppliers. Simple material relief at the rear of the hand guard to accommodate the thicker barrel and several coats of Amber shellac with a little RIT red dye mixed in. Sand between coats with a final sand down to 5000 grit sandpaper and wax. Wouldn't fit the S12 without major mods.

Spacehog:  Wow! Gorgeous wood.

Um...

Nah.  Too easy.

LOL!
  • Like 1

JDeko:  I guess I am very old school.  At least notify them via a phone call or Email that they sent you the wrong stuff.  The reason why is that somebody who works there may, (may) be held accountable for some shortages.  Innocent heads could roll.  Honest workers accused and fired?  Unlikely.  My guess is that if you tell them you got more than your value by mistake they just might say thank you:  we were wondering where it went and you can keep your over order.  My hunch only on this.  Honesty?

Do common hardware springs and bolts count?  Today purchased another #12 True Value Hardware coil spring for .60 cents that will get cut down and polished up as a quadruple 4X strength Ruger 10-22 magazine catch and retention spring.  Cheap doable old fix for wimpy factory springs.  Seems to hold the 110 round drums in much better.  The common fine thread rounded head Allen head 5/16 short bolt will be shortened some more and used to adapt a Choate folder to a Butler Creek front end.  He he he.

Double tax stamp Ruger 10-22 8" 1x9 twist short barreled Elite Iron Echo 6" suppressed nite vision .22 rifle used to pop off all the usual garden pests which are coming out very early and usually at night.  A very warm wet winter.  No snow at all.  Over 80" of rain so far.  More coming.  All Oregon US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.  Yes, the Form 1 SBR receiver has been engraved for over 6 years.  :) :)  Yikes!

• Like 3

What could be more "firearm related" than...GUNS!

Got this one a couple weeks ago, saw a good price on what I figured was a hi-power clone. Turns out it's actually a Hungarian cross between the hi-power and the S&W model 59. (MBK-9HP) Shoots good, so it's fine by me.

DSC00375.jpg

Last weekend I finally got a CZ-52, I've been wanting one for a while, and was actually looking for one when I found the MBK-9HP. I love shooting this one.

DSC00370.jpg?t=1460941849

• Like 1

A case of Golden Tiger to replace what I've shot.  300rds of 38 special for the Taurus 85 that I still haven't shot.

And a PA Advanced dot to replace the SPARC on the Pit Bull.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

Got my FCG from Cobra's Custom, just waiting to hear back from Legion now and to find out if I need a [specific] trigger guard for my conversion.

Also bought 50 rounds of 00 Remington buck, time at the range, 50 rounds of Fiocchi .357mag ammo, and 6 targets. Twas a great time at the range and those Sellier & Bellot 4 Buck rounds kick pretty hard too.