What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

I bought a Lee  reloading kit, 10K primers per caliber, assortment of jacketed and plated bullet's, bullet molds for each caliber, dies for each, trimming tool, powder loader,   I have a 1000 lbs of old used lead from commercial fishing nets & I already have mucho powder & enough brass ....

I wanted to buy a new rifle that I really dont need, but common sense kicked in and I pulled the trigger on the supplies

Primary Arms 2.5x36 ACSS prism scope. I've been wanting to try it out.

Initial impressions are good. But its heavy.

attachicon.gifPA 2.5x Full.jpg

How's the reticle? I've been thinking of picking one of but a lot of people in the reviews mention that the reticle's too small to focus.

I got it yesterday so haven't had a chance to shoot it but here's what I think from just pointing it at the neighbor's roof...

The aiming dots are tiny.  I think they would really only be useful for slow precision shooting.  If that's all there was then this reticle would be extremely limited.  And that's where the complaints seem to be coming from.

But the other parts of the reticle are where the real versatility comes in.

The inner horseshoe is about 10MOA (8MOA inside) so that's what you use for fast shooting out to medium range.

The outer horseshoe is much larger, about 50MOA, so it's plenty big for flash sight picture CQB minute of bad guy shots at spitting distance.

My belief is that those who complain are just looking at the dots and ignoring the rest of the reticle.

The glass is reasonably clear and sharp.  The eyebox is good, with about 3-4" of eye relief.  Illumination is bright enough for anything other than full sun on a bright background when you don't need illumination anyway.

One note for those who don't know...  Illuminated etched reticles are clearly visible from the front of the optic.

Oh, and do be sure to Loctite and torque the mount screws.  As it comes out of the box the screws are just snug and would certainly loosen.  I presume they do this to make it easy since lots of guys will want to change the mount or use it on a carry handle.  But they should provide Loctite and a note to torque the screws if you don't change the mount.

If I had any complaints it would be:

Heavy.  15.5oz (but it's built like a tank so it should be indestructible)

No tethers on the turret caps

No off positions between the brightness settings

post-4831-0-82943600-1471797900_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 4

Primary Arms 2.5x36 ACSS prism scope. I've been wanting to try it out.

Initial impressions are good. But its heavy.

attachicon.gifPA 2.5x Full.jpg

How's the reticle? I've been thinking of picking one of but a lot of people in the reviews mention that the reticle's too small to focus.

I got it yesterday so haven't had a chance to shoot it but here's what I think from just pointing it at the neighbor's roof...

The aiming dots are tiny.  I think they would really only be useful for slow precision shooting.  If that's all there was then this reticle would be extremely limited.  And that's where the complaints seem to be coming from.

But the other parts of the reticle are where the real versatility comes in.

How do you think this would work on a converted Saiga 7.62? I've been contemplating addend optics to mine and this looks interesting.

My very own 40 acre gun range. Got tired of seeing GOB have all the fun on his.

Its a reality?!  Congrats to you and your family, wow, that is just fantastic.

That's a lot of mowing, did it come with a tractor and mower?

• Like 1

Yep. We closed. The funny thing is in the deal picked up an old Murray 11 hp riding mower that was on the property. Had to replace the fuel filter, plug, deck belt, oil, etc. Since then I have been dogging it. 1 1/2" pines and sweet gums?.....no problem....might have to back up and mow over a couple of times, but this little mower is impressing me. Already reclaimed about 3 acres of briars, pines, and sweet gums.

We are going larger however. It is between a Kubota 3301 and a John Deere 3032. Leaning towards the JD at the moment. Tractor, front end loader, cruise, canopy, 60" bush hog, 60" gear driven tiller, and box blade for 21K. 4K cheaper than the Kubota. Also looking at the Mahindra's.

Seen deer, enormous amount of turkey, quail, dove, rabbit, and signs of coyote. Love this property, and when it is said and done will have a steel range capable of shooting up to 500 yards, and a 1/4 mile walk through pistol range through the woods.

• Like 2

Yep, you'll need a good tractor to maintain that property, and nothing runs like a Deere.

When you put your deer plot(s) in it'll be great, time to look for a discer, spreader and cultipacker too.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

Yep. We closed. The funny thing is in the deal picked up an old Murray 11 hp riding mower that was on the property. Had to replace the fuel filter, plug, deck belt, oil, etc. Since then I have been dogging it. 1 1/2" pines and sweet gums?.....no problem....might have to back up and mow over a couple of times, but this little mower is impressing me. Already reclaimed about 3 acres of briars, pines, and sweet gums.

We are going larger however. It is between a Kubota 3301 and a John Deere 3032. Leaning towards the JD at the moment. Tractor, front end loader, cruise, canopy, 60" bush hog, 60" gear driven tiller, and box blade for 21K. 4K cheaper than the Kubota. Also looking at the Mahindra's.

Seen deer, enormous amount of turkey, quail, dove, rabbit, and signs of coyote. Love this property, and when it is said and done will have a steel range capable of shooting up to 500 yards, and a 1/4 mile walk through pistol range through the woods.

If I lived near I would mow the whole fudging thing if I could use the range! *Deep Deep jealousy*
  • Like 1

Just bought 4 cases of dodgy gt .223 ammo for 16 cents a round, I've seen several people report that a combination of firing pins and extra powder hammer springs will make it run about 99%. I was going to buy 10 cases, but I figured I'd get hosed if I bought that much.

Looking for a few more cases of 9mm before the election and maybe another few bricks of .22lr.

Since a few people drifted:

I also bought a 45 ton mechanical punch press last week, and about 600+ lbs of tool grade die steel for making 30 round curved M14 magazines (yes we are making M14 magazines).

Still looking for a uncoiler, straightener and 6000+ lb rated forklift to load the uncoiler.. But that can wait a little bit.

Bar stock for vepr-54r rear lugs, end mills, tool holders, collets, pull studs and welding electrodes... All American made.

I'll be buying a lot of imported electronic parts for my two welders when I start the rebuilds on them.. There is no American option for most of the parts. On the positive side I'll be bringing a big chunk of American industrial machine back online with a few handfuls of imported parts, rather than buying a new Chinese built machine for 5X more..

• Like 2