What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

Primary Arms 2.5x36 ACSS prism scope. I've been wanting to try it out.

Initial impressions are good. But its heavy.

attachicon.gifPA 2.5x Full.jpg

How's the reticle? I've been thinking of picking one of but a lot of people in the reviews mention that the reticle's too small to focus.

I got it yesterday so haven't had a chance to shoot it but here's what I think from just pointing it at the neighbor's roof...

The aiming dots are tiny.  I think they would really only be useful for slow precision shooting.  If that's all there was then this reticle would be extremely limited.  And that's where the complaints seem to be coming from.

But the other parts of the reticle are where the real versatility comes in.

The inner horseshoe is about 10MOA (8MOA inside) so that's what you use for fast shooting out to medium range.

The outer horseshoe is much larger, about 50MOA, so it's plenty big for flash sight picture CQB minute of bad guy shots at spitting distance.

My belief is that those who complain are just looking at the dots and ignoring the rest of the reticle.

The glass is reasonably clear and sharp.  The eyebox is good, with about 3-4" of eye relief.  Illumination is bright enough for anything other than full sun on a bright background when you don't need illumination anyway.

One note for those who don't know...  Illuminated etched reticles are clearly visible from the front of the optic.

Oh, and do be sure to Loctite and torque the mount screws.  As it comes out of the box the screws are just snug and would certainly loosen.  I presume they do this to make it easy since lots of guys will want to change the mount or use it on a carry handle.  But they should provide Loctite and a note to torque the screws if you don't change the mount.

If I had any complaints it would be:

Heavy.  15.5oz (but it's built like a tank so it should be indestructible)

No tethers on the turret caps

No off positions between the brightness settings

attachicon.gif2.5 ACSS.jpg

After a couple of hundred rounds I'm really happy with this optic.  It's a good compromise between speed and precision.  And my middle-aged eyes really need the help.

Handshake gentleman's agreement to obtain some more .45 acp bulk ammo from somebody who is downsizing.  Seems the last refresher courses used up more ammo than expected.  Delivery and a barter exchange deal should take place this coming week following Sunday, 25 September 2016.  Horse trading is fun.  Will advise.  :)

Anybody here have any factory .30 Carbine FMJ ammo?  Range practice.

Kineti-Tech flash hider with "redirector" sleeve for my AR sbr.  The 2 best things about this one are that it's half the price of other similar items, and it uses 13/16 x 16 threads for the sleeve.  That just happens to be the thread pitch of certain oil filters, in case you want to trap your solvent instead of letting it drip all over the place.

I went with the 4-pring flash hider/AC sleeve combination.

post-4831-0-24207300-1475442480.jpg

post-4831-0-19990900-1475442495.jpg

And 3 more fat 50s.  Because storage.

post-4831-0-75135800-1475540360.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Kineti-Tech flash hider with "redirector" sleeve for my AR sbr.  The 2 best things about this one are that it's half the price of other similar items, and it uses 13/16 x 16 threads for the sleeve.  That just happens to be the thread pitch of certain oil filters, in case you want to trap your solvent instead of letting it drip all over the place.

I went with the 4-pring flash hider/AC sleeve combination.

attachicon.gifkineti-tech redirector.jpg

attachicon.gifkineti-tech redirector 2.jpg

And 3 more fat 50s.  Because storage.

attachicon.giffat 50.jpg

Have you tried them yet?

I grabbed another case of Golden Tiger because I have a feeling...

And a Burris AR Tripler 3X magnifier to put behind the EOTech on my Tavor. My eyes just aren't what they used to be.

Have you tried them yet?

Not yet.

The barter for the .45 ammo worked fine.  Also purchased ten, (10) more .30 caliber ammo cans at the last recent Grants Pass OR gun show.  Paid $8.00 each.  Like new.  Getting them into the house with situational security awareness was fun.  Six a.m. worked fine.  Easier to carry filled up with ammo as they are somewhat lighter.  Also bought some old but excellent condition .30 carbine reloading dies.  Pacific. 

• Like 3

Gonna tell us where?

Sportsmans guide.

Sale price + free shipping coupon code + members discount + extra 2.5% discount for opening a pre-approved Sportsmans' Guide credit card = $296 shipped

Search item W641A-292056 to see the sale price. Otherwise, you'll just find the regular price of $313

Thanks for the info. I don't do business with them after they cancelled 8,000 rounds of 22lr I had backordered at 0.05/rd so they could sell it for twice the price.

Midway did the same with me. (12,000 rd) When I called them on it, they said the SKU on the product had changed so "technically" it was not the same item.

"Technically" I have not spent another penny with them, nor will I ever again.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 1