What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

Picked up 2 Sig P938's. SAS and Equinox versions. Deal was to good to pass up. A micro was not on my list. Really enjoyed shooting these mini's. Put all ammo through without a flaw. Defense loads to FMJ. 115,124 and 147 grain. Put the Hogue grip and belt clip on the Equinox. Didn't like the clip, so took it off.post-3200-0-50159400-1489468668_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Boxes and boxes and more boxes of CCI 22 Subsonics, not that quiet stuff, the one that will cycle reliably.

Been looking for a decent amount of that stuff off and on for 3 years. 

Just ... because... I could... felt great... feel better shooting it up ... just because I can. 

All titanium .22 suppressor…..yes... the wait begins for me as well. (Hoping to get it by X-mass).

But in the meanwhile…a M&P 15-22 in Kryptic camo. (threaded barrel)

and a Ruger Charger take down (threaded barrel)

Gonna have some quiet time by the end of the year.

post-46572-0-94687500-1489636766_thumb.png

post-46572-0-14307100-1489638506_thumb.jpg

post-46572-0-38343500-1489638677.jpg

• Like 3

The ones with the 62 gr. Bullet?

40gr 1050fps

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=2&loadNo=0056

I keep looking at suppressors and keep talking myself out of it.

If things change legally and I dont have to pay off Uncle for permission absolutely.

Edited by Rhodes1968

The ones with the 62 gr. Bullet?

40gr 1050fps

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=2&loadNo=0056

I keep looking at suppressors and keep talking myself out of it.

If things change legally and I dont have to pay off Uncle for permission absolutely.

The HPA - if it passes - has a provision in it to refund the $200 tax stamp for suppressors purchased after October of 10/22/15. In addition to that, SilencerCo is offering $200 in store credit on any of their cans purchased between 2/1/17 and 4/30/17. 

• Like 2

6 mm or 6.5mm is what I am looking at for my last rifle .

Give me some of the pros for 6mm vs 6.5mm if you could.

6mm shoots flatter. 6.5 is more common and a better choice if you don't reload. 6.5 will have about double the barrel life. I probably would do a 6.5 if I was making the choice now.

Doug

My wife bought herself two new purses, both are designed for concealed carry.

Fast access from either end, huge easy draw pouches and attachments for internal holsters.

She is happy and pleased with'er purchases, especially since she found them 'On-Sale'.

Don't mess with Momma Bear or her cubs.

• Like 4

My wife bought herself two new purses, both are designed for concealed carry.

Fast access from either end, huge easy draw pouches and attachments for internal holsters.

She is happy and pleased with'er purchases, especially since she found them 'On-Sale'.

Don't mess with Momma Bear or her cubs.

My wife has two "Gun Toten Momma" purses and she loves them. Nice little built in holster for her S&W Airweight.

Edit to add:

All, and I mean all, of my fun money is going in to the boat now. New leaf springs and hubs for the trailer, engine work, new radio equipment and so on. You were right Chile when you said what BOAT stands for.

Edited by DaveM
  • Like 1

6 mm or 6.5mm is what I am looking at for my last rifle .

Give me some of the pros for 6mm vs 6.5mm if you could.

6mm shoots flatter. 6.5 is more common and a better choice if you don't reload. 6.5 will have about double the barrel life. I probably would do a 6.5 if I was making the choice now.

Doug[/quote

I do reload an am leaning to the 6.5

Thanks for your input

Hello

Didn't need 42 more AK-47 mag's, but the PSA "Daily Deal" for a case (42) of new "cosmetic blem" 30 rd. steel Croatian mag's w/ LRBHO followers for $5.48 each (shipped) was too good to overlook.

-Guido in TX

• Like 1

box of Blazer 9mm

box of 5.7x28mm 

6 targets 

Rented a CZ75 D Compact and loved it, definitely leaning towards that Witness now. 

Picked up a NHM-91 at the gun show yesterday for a decent price.

Now I need to de-ban it & find the correct bipod

*drool*

This.

post-17871-0-30597700-1490197679_thumb.jpg

Making a  table saw jig for high volume brass cutting too. We'll see how that goes. 

What I really wanna do is put a small router with a 3/8" carbide end mill onto a turret head with some sort of micrometer type vertical adjustment and feed the cases progressively through a case feeder. it'll probably want a shop vac hookup too.

This.

attachicon.gif300 BO kit.jpg

Making a  table saw jig for high volume brass cutting too. We'll see how that goes. 

What I really wanna do is put a small router with a 3/8" carbide end mill onto a turret head with some sort of micrometer type vertical adjustment and feed the cases progressively through a case feeder. it'll probably want a shop vac hookup too.

Hello

Dillon has that. I have one, just never mounted it up and put it through its paces. It does have a vacuum attachment port, vacuum is stated as "mandatory".

-Guido in TX

This.

Hello

Dillon has that. I have one, just never mounted it up and put it through its paces. It does have a vacuum attachment port, vacuum is stated as "mandatory".

-Guido in TX

Thanks Guido

I'm aware of theirs. It has a few drawbacks. 1) price. 2) the motor is not up to spec for doing the whole chop & trim in one punch 3) and it uses proprietary  caliber specific cutters. 4) the magical blue warranty doesn't cover using how every single person would want to use it for 300 BO.

In short, I won't buy one, but I would take one as a gift. I think for half the money I could build 2x the machine.  Or going another route, I could get a cheap counter top drill press and mount in one of the several trimmers which chamfers and deburrs in the same operation, and still be ahead on money and efficiency by a wide margin.

Dillon's is suitable for trimming mass volumes of 223 or 308 efficiently on their press with the built in primer swager. It's solid in that role, but other people are making more versatile products for a lot less coin.

This.

Get the mini shop saw at harbor freight and also they make a jig for the cartridge on line that works great

This is what I use.

I also cut the cartridge to the exact trim length , works great

After forming the cartridge I run them one more time with out the neck expander.

I also have a cut away cartridge gauge that helps set the OAL

I love making 300 got 500 to cut and form and 1000 to load.

Good luck

• Like 1

Just sent my CX4 Storm's trigger group to Sierra Papa for them to upgrade.

Hammer, Hammer Spring, Sear Clip and Trigger.

Guide Rod, Link and Buffer

Review is expected.

I have picked up a few things lately. 

USMachinegun folding adapter for the Draco to mount the Shockwave.

6 20rd Korean AK mags with park finish from CDNN for $6.99 each. 

240rds of 77gr 5.56 Razor Core from SGA.  I've been wanting to try this ammo to see it's "for real" long range accuracy.

• Like 1

I have picked up a few things lately. 

USMachinegun folding adapter for the Draco to mount the Shockwave.

Let me know how you like that adapter. Been eyeballing it for a year but haven't purchased one yet

It's not the most attractive option imo but it is the easiest way to mount a folding brace.  It puts the Shockwave at a slight upward angle which looks a bit odd but it feels good.  The hinge mechanism function was kindof gritty out of the box but a little teflon lube and a few dozen cycles smoothed it out.

I'm undecided if I'll leave it as is or drill and tap the trunion for a more permanent (and more asthetic) solution.

Small rural Sheriffs Dept. I've been on reserve/training supervisor status for awhile. Weekends, holidays, vacations, and special events. Issued Class III soft. Get great discounts for class IV plates and we received new surplus carriers, so we used our personal gear allowance and our own cash to upgrade a few items. Cumberbun plate, been qualified and approved with my Kebs AK for a few years, so switched it over from AR platform. Spent a couple days training, for those who lug this armor daily, I salute you. Hydration back sure beats the canteen. It's a young man's game, yet good to have when high risk situations. (meth labs) are our biggest problem. Glad I've lost a bunch of weight and got back in shape. This would have done me in a couple years ago. LOL Dept. patches removed per regulation for private post. I'll reduce the ammo load down to half of what's pictured. I just wanted to see if I could do it. I did, now, nothing to prove.

post-3200-0-21463600-1490566421_thumb.jpg

post-3200-0-63385200-1490566463_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ruffian72
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...