What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

G17 got pulled put of the pawn shop, and a pretty near new condition SAIGA 7.62 X 39 WENT into lay away! $430 out the door! Guy asked me why I liked it so much. I didn't say a thing.

Congrats on a great price. All the Pawn shops around my area must think they are Arsenals.

Didn't spend any money but E-mails and stuff regarding close future purchase of a 9mm M2 Belgium High Power pistol.

Edit:  How many mags will I need?  Thinking factory spring mags or perhaps the 13rd or 15rd Met Gars.  Which?

Edited by HB of CJ

200 Tula .308win rounds

200 #6 Winchester Super-X 2 3/4in 12ga Shells

My big brother had me take the 6th off so he could sell nerd products at the comic store whilst I watched our dad. Seeing as that is no longer necessary I'm going to blow off steam at the gravel pit.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Received and picked up the Mark 3 Browning High Power.  Like new condition.  But ... no ambo safety so now some fun fitting such.  This is about th 4th HP I have owned.  Just something about the piece.

How many 13rd factory spring mags will I need? :)

18" 6.5 Grendel upper.  5 25rd Grendel mags.  300 rounds Hornady Grendel ammo.

Still need a bolt and an optic and a couple cases of Wolf.  The optic choice is giving me fits.  I want more capability than I can afford.  I think I've narrowed it down to either an Athlon MIdas 1-6 MIL or Primary Arms 1-8 ACSS.  The ACSS bullet drops are damn close for the Grendel.  But the Athlon is better glass and has a mil-dot reticle.  What I really want is a Valdada Eliminator 1-10.  But even the great wife I have would lose it if I spent $2,600 on a scope.

• Like 1

I have looked at Vortex.  I have 5 Vortex scopes and Vortex binos and a Vortex rangefinder.

But as much as I like Vortex their reticles are not the best.  Primary Arms reticles are just better. 

And PA and Athlon both have lifetime warranties like Vortex. 

• Like 1

Darth:  I am curious .... a type one barrel extension or a type 2?  Bolt?  Reason I ask is that I am researching sources and prices for a LH 6.5G rifle build.  I can fix me up with a type 1 bolt and barrel in LH.  Quite a lead time.  Same with Stag Arms LH uppers.  sad.png

www.undergroundtactical.com

Edit:  site will not link.  Accurate.

Edited by HB of CJ

The one I bought uses a SAAMI spec .136" bolt.  Most refer to that as a Type 2 but oddly Alexander Arms seems to refer to the .125 bolt as the Type 2.

Bill Alexander (for all the criticism he's taken, justified or not...) originally selected the .136 bolt because that is what was used on the 50 Beowulf and it was designed to be stronger than the .125 7.62x39 bolts in use at that time.

Some will claim the .125 bolt is stronger but the big names in the industry (AA, Saturn, Oden, Maxim, JP...) all use the .136 bolts.  So I went with what the experts use and what is SAAMI specced and what was originally designed.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Five, (5) new Belgium authorized factory type 13 round 9mm Browning High Power "spring assist" mags.  Expensive.  Very nice.  They spring out of the pistol empty or loaded with the OEM magazine disconnect assembly still in the gun.  Grandkids.  I might forget to secure.

Still waiting for some walnut OEM type grips and adjustable high type suppressor ready nite sites.  Also some BHP tools and a spring kit.  Front loading a $new pistol platform$ after years without is expensive.  The spare parts are $reasonable$ from the factory parts store.

Fortunately, I can barter for all sorts of different 9 mm ammo to settle the nearly new BHP in.  Will see what specific practice ammo the new girl, (BHP) prefers if any.  Any specific suggestions from real deal real world evidence for the best 9 mm carry ammo?  I dunno about this.

Any specific suggestions as to the best 9 mm CAN?  Will I need a booster?  The expensive extended threaded BHP 9 mm barrel and CAN will have to wait for awhile.  Too many grandkids to dote upon.  Too many family $commitments$ which I do enjoy.  Life at 72 is fine!  smile.png

Edited by HB of CJ

- B5 SOPMOD stock

- Malkoff 325 lumen E2/Scout head 

- CNC warrior suppressor alignment rod 

- ASR suppressor mount and SilencerCo high-temp suppressor cover (got both for free from SiCo)

Also, two friends of mine each bought DD MK18 uppers, so while I didn't buy them, I'm the only one with an SBR lower so I definitely get to play with them extensively biggrin.png

High adjustable nite sites for the Mark 3 High Power.  $Spendy$ sites.  Ambo safety assembly.  Walnut grips and screws.  All quite $reasonable$ from the Browning and Winchester factory parts store.

Funny thing.  I could not find the grip screws and ambo factory safety roll pin.  Called up the Browning factory parts store.  Got a delightful lady in Utah.  THEN ... I rattled the envelope and ...

...  the two missing dinky small brown envelopes fell out.  Very embarrassing.  The nice lady in Utah just laughed.  Getting old here!  :)

I bought a .357 Lee powder through expander die and the same in .30 mauser. I'm going to take the flaring part out of the mauser and put it in the .357". This will save me a couple operations during progressive loading of cast 300 BO.

Bascally, with the auto disk or auto drum measures, Lee has a generic rifle adapter for a range of brass lengths. Does OK on big stuff, but has no flare. On the 300 BO case it doesn't  flare, and the case tends to go off center unless the retainers are very snug against the shell plate. The die is made to clear stuff like 45-70... So this combo will hold the case centered and flare while powder is being dumped in. That frees up my universal expander, and a hole in the press. It also should cut down enourmously on crunched case necks, and shaved bullets.

• Like 1

Armorers Tool Kit for the Browning High Power.  Complete selection of various springs for P, +P and +P+ ammo.  Still looking for a armorers spare parts kit.  All $expensive$ but doable.  This is what happens when one leaves the firearms platform and trades off all the needful widgets, gages, tools and stuff.  It requires $bucks$ to get back on board.  Yikes!  :)

Same concern doing the left hand 6.5 Grendel AR15 HB rifle build.  All the needful build gadgets, tools, gages, jigs and widgets got traded off years ago.  Duplicating that stuff again will also be $spendy$.  That does not include all the necessary accessories, mags, ammo and etc.  To pay for it all some of the other guns and ammo will have to be sold off.  Oh well.

Why are we doing this?  Dunno fur sures.

• 1 month later...

There is such thing as "Christmas in July" wink.png

1) CZ P-10C

Fantastic handgun! The best I've ever owned, beating beloved Kimber Compact Classic and CZ P-02 "Omega".

2) Just ordered DPMSystem's "Mechanical Recoil Reduction System".

3) Savage MSR-15 Recon: still in shipping. Stock photo below.

post-28515-0-85691600-1500731529_thumb.jpg

post-28515-0-35381700-1500731546_thumb.jpg

post-28515-0-99574500-1500731666_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 1

Twelve, (12) more new or like new Italian factory Browning High Power spring assist 13 rd mags.  A Lulu mag loader.  Neat gadget.  Another one thousand (1000) rounds of S&B NATO FMJ 9mm training ammo.

Does anybody have a specific recommendation on the very best 9mm carry ammo?  Cost not important.  Performance important.  Anybody know where one can get a recommended spare parts kit for the BHP?

Twelve, (12) more new or like new Italian factory Browning High Power spring assist 13 rd mags. A Lulu mag loader. Neat gadget. Another one thousand (1000) rounds of S&B NATO FMJ 9mm training ammo.

Does anybody have a specific recommendation on the very best 9mm carry ammo? Cost not important. Performance important. Anybody know where one can get a recommended spare parts kit for the BHP?

The RIP looked interesting, however i will be looking to try out lehigh defense.

• Like 1

Twelve, (12) more new or like new Italian factory Browning High Power spring assist 13 rd mags. A Lulu mag loader. Neat gadget. Another one thousand (1000) rounds of S&B NATO FMJ 9mm training ammo.

Does anybody have a specific recommendation on the very best 9mm carry ammo? Cost not important. Performance important. Anybody know where one can get a recommended spare parts kit for the BHP?

The RIP looked interesting, however i will be looking to try out lehigh defense.

Rip is pure chickenteeth marketing. The company straight up lied in their initial performance figures, claiming contradictory things. Then the actual testing shows exactly what you would expect of a very light projectile that sheds mass instantly: it has crappy penetration. It also has the distinction of being the only "defensive" ammo in 9mm, which routinely jams in glocks.

• Like 1