What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

Twelve, (12) more new or like new Italian factory Browning High Power spring assist 13 rd mags. A Lulu mag loader. Neat gadget. Another one thousand (1000) rounds of S&B NATO FMJ 9mm training ammo.

Does anybody have a specific recommendation on the very best 9mm carry ammo? Cost not important. Performance important. Anybody know where one can get a recommended spare parts kit for the BHP?

The RIP looked interesting, however i will be looking to try out lehigh defense.

Rip is pure chickenteeth marketing. The company straight up lied in their initial performance figures, claiming contradictory things. Then the actual testing shows exactly what you would expect of a very light projectile that sheds mass instantly: it has crappy penetration. It also has the distinction of being the only "defensive" ammo in 9mm, which routinely jams in glocks.

Thanks GunFun,  I'm looking more at lehigh right now.  I have both mine and my wife's 9mm to get some PD and HD rounds for it.(fn9s and xd mod2 service)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Some Quality Hardware Company USGI M1 Carbine spring tube spare parts for the spring tube Carbine.  Reasonable.  Amazing that specific USGI parts for that 70+ year old platform are still available.  But then again our nation back then made in total over 5+ million of them.  Just one of many things we did then but would be hard pressed to do today.  Sad.

100 rounds of .40S&W to test out a Sig 226

I can't seem to find an EAA Witness in the configuration I want and I saw a CPO P226 in .357sig for a great price, but that sloppy trigger is just too much for me. I'd take the trigger on my M57 any day over that flappy nonsense,

• 3 weeks later...

2 boxes of .38 Special to test out a Ruger LCR, not a bad trigger. I'll have to try it with .357 next time.

Also that 12 pellet Nobelsport 00 Buck is some hot stuff, its got more boom than Remington sluggers or even Brenneke slugs. It's funny with all the Remington "reduced recoil police loads" to see the Italian Police give exactly 0 fucks. Patterns really nice too, probably the second best pattern I've gotten besides that cheapo shit from Walmart that inexplicably has the most amazingly tight patterns out of my Saiga.

That Walmart cheap shit has a tight pattern because it's barely moving. The velocity on the box is just a pipe dream. Sooner or later you'll stick a wad in the barrel from an undercharge. QC on that crap is nonexistent. Go ahead and keep running it....just make sure your insurance is current.

Edited by patriot

I just put a Ruger Charger .22LR on Layaway today. Wood stock with included Harris bipod. (Not the takedown model.)  smile.png

Just an update... 70-ft. indoor range off the bipod:

Aguila Standard Velocity, 5 rounds in one hole I can put my finger through.

Armscor 36gr. HVHP, 5 rounds I can cover with my thumb.  :)

Standard velocity loads hit about 2" below point of aim, high velocity loads hit about 1" below point of aim.  :up:

I ran 6 different brands of .22 LR through it, not one hiccup of any kind.

That Walmart cheap shit has a tight pattern because it's barely moving. The velocity on the box is just a pipe dream. Sooner or later you'll stick a wad in the barrel from an undercharge. QC on that crap is nonexistent. Go ahead and keep running it....just make sure your insurance is current.

Huh, guess it's good I only found it in stock once. My insurance pays me to get a physical each year with a Walmart gift card which is why I bought some last year. Guess now I'll put that money towards Remington Hypersonic Steel for hunting instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few weeks ago I finally settled with the VA on a disability claim that I filed in Nov 2008.  It was found in my favor and I received back pay to the date of filing.  What a relief.  Anyway, Yes I spent a small portion on my favorite pastime.  I purchased a Vepr 12 and the necessary parts to complete it. Also, I purchased a Vepr 762x39 w/16" barrel and a Vepr 762x54R w/20" barrel.  I figured I'd better get these as I doubt they will ever come off of the "sanction list".  So now to get busy and eliminate the wooden thumbhole stocks.  Add to that the necessary parts to build another Yugo RPK with a 16" bbl. That will be fun.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Bought myself a Range Day.

It was a .308/7.62 day... All .308/7.62, all day.

Saiga ver.21, Springfield M1A and Savage 16/FCSS

The ver.21 with it's awesome, custom adjustable comb courtesy of Spacehog got the majority of the love and affection.

It also, as always, got a lot of attention from other shooters with it's beautiful walnut.

Punching holes in paper from 100-300, and banging away at the 300 steel.

Hard to imagine I almost sold this rifle, so many thanks to Spacehog.

Banging away at 100, 3 round groups as fast as I can breathe cadence and squeeze them off.

She does pretty good, sometimes she even throws out something approaching a cloverleaf.

GvMs1St.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

wife has a Judge on lay away for my birthday! Black,2 1/2 cylinder,2" barrel. Pick-up this week.

Nice gun. Start shopping for buckshot. There will be specials all month. Federal works good in mine.

I'm going to try my hand at reloading for it. 410 buck loads are $$$$

• Like 1

Bought myself a Range Day.

It was a .308/7.62 day... All .308/7.62, all day.

Saiga ver.21, Springfield M1A and Savage 16/FCSS

The ver.21 with it's awesome, custom adjustable comb courtesy of Spacehog got the majority of the love and affection.

It also, as always, got a lot of attention from other shooters with it's beautiful walnut.

Punching holes in paper from 100-300, and banging away at the 300 steel.

Hard to imagine I almost sold this rifle, so many thanks to Spacehog.

Banging away at 100, 3 round groups as fast as I can breathe cadence and squeeze them off.

She does pretty good, sometimes she even throws out something approaching a cloverleaf.

GvMs1St.jpg

Glad you are still enjoying the stock and the rifle. I plan on calling you soon. Kayla just turned 19 and wants jump out of a plane.

Glad you are still enjoying the stock and the rifle. I plan on calling you soon. Kayla just turned 19 and wants jump out of a plane.

I can give y'all good advice on any 1st jump and subsequent training if desired, and tell ya bout any of the DZs up there that I've jumped at.

But man, I tell ya, been a long while since I made a jump, sure do wish I had the time and money.

Hmmm, give up hunting and fishing? 

Yes'sir, still enjoying it, it will never leave my possession with this stock.

A joy to to plink with.

It's time for a weekend at CMP Talladega, perfect time of the year.

• Like 1