What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

Way tooo much Uzi Stuff, this uzi is now a tax stamped 8 caliber, SBR with 2 visible and 1 infrared lasers EoTech 552/LBC2 that I am completing the testing on the final 2 calibers, then off to be ceracoated. My next purchase will a one off design custom AlumaliteUSA barrel shroud with a rail on top, end threaded, railed bottom, with a front slot for my bayonet lug to complete my Saiga after new years. So it's been a long time since I posted, How are all you guys and gals I used to post with? I've been tooo ill to post for the last 5 years, but I'm back up on my feet, and 6 feet above , beats 6  feet below everysingle day! Thank You Saiga 12 community! I've really been missing out with this Forum and community.    post-21372-0-27678400-1512414672_thumb.jpgpost-21372-0-18005300-1512415096_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

23270487_1638563636205531_49227468092182

EAA Witness 10mm + Red "Lava Rock" grips

100 Rounds American Eagle 10mm

20 Rounds Hornady Critical Duty 10mm

40 Rounds Underwood Xtreme Hunter 10mm

40 Rounds Sig V-Crown 10mm

600 Rounds of reloaded 10mm

6 14 Round mags

CFE .223 

A whole bunch of different .223 projectiles

CCI 500 primers.

If I can get the cash soon, I've been offered a deal on a bunch of 300 blackout stuff, so I hope I can make that happen.

Are you going to blue or brown it?
Don't care whether you blue or brown...both would look fantastic.... Just, please, for the love of all things sacred... promise you will aquafortis the stock! ;)

Edited because Apple autocorrect is an idiot.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 1

I'm leaning toward brown.

Did my first browning over 45 years ago.

Trust me it looks great and holds up.

Have fun.

• Like 1

Don't care whether you blue or brown...both would look fantastic.... Just, please, for the love of all things sacred... promise you will aquafortis the stock! wink.png

The description says it is beech, not maple, but I think the chemical will work the same.

• Like 1

It would. You won't get the lines that you would with the figured maple, but you would still get the color change in the light flecks of the beech where the grain varies in density. It gives the stock a unique "chatoyance" that is tough to achieve with stain. Either way, nice gift and it looks like a fun project. Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm leaning toward brown.

Did my first browning over 45 years ago.

Trust me it looks great and holds up.

Have fun.

Brown would look best to me.  That will be cool when you finish it.

My last gun stuff purchases were an AR upper for a gift, and primers for me.

I keep giving away my ammo, so I need pistol ammo.

Don't care whether you blue or brown...both would look fantastic.... Just, please, for the love of all things sacred... promise you will aquafortis the stock! wink.png

The description says it is beech, not maple, but I think the chemical will work the same.

It would. You won't get the lines that you would with the figured maple, but you would still get the color change in the light flecks of the beech where the grain varies in density. It gives the stock a unique "chatoyance" that is tough to achieve with stain. Either way, nice gift and it looks like a fun project. Enjoy.

I went ahead and ordered the aquafortis. I thought this would be a perfect project to learn a new process with. There is a color difference between the two pieces of the stock. I hope this will disappear with the chemical aging. I'm also waiting on a thicker piece of brass plate to machine a new piece where the two halves of the stock join. I wasn't at all happy with the stamped plate that came with the kit. I need to do that before I do any more sanding and finishing.

The project is coming along slowly, but nicely.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see it. In matching up wood tones, you should be able to do and extra coat and heat application to the lighter to match up if needed. Just remember that the color continues to darken with age, (redder and browner) and take that into consideration up front when deciding how many coats. Your work is always nice, I am sure this will be no exception.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Colt AR15A2 (R6550) Government Model, 20" Rifle, .223 1/7 twist
One of only 8000 made back in the Pre-Ban days from '88-'90.
Serial number begins with GS007***
It is 99%, danged near immaculate, I wouldn't hesitate to say the only rounds fired through it were Colt's test rounds.

sjtMytK.jpg

X0oC682.jpg

yjCjQEB.jpg

cB3etTh.jpg

• Like 3

Nice rifle Chile. I'm a fan of the OG's and retros. Really liking everything about the new retros from Brownells, except the price tags.

Did they (Colt) make pre ban A2's without a bayonet lug?

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

Did they (Colt) make pre ban A2's without a bayonet lug?

Yes, apparently from what I've read Colt neutered some of the last ones made in '90 due to the AWB's passed in California )1989) and New Jersey (1990).

Unfortunately this is one of them.

Nice rifle there, Chili! I have a "post-ban" Colt HBAR II that I enjoy very much, it's a tack-driver out to 200 yds. (Longest I've been able to shoot it.)

Thanks, a trip to the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park is now due, can shoot to 600 yards there and no walking to check targets, all electronic.

Colt AR15A2 (R6550) Government Model, 20" Rifle, .223 1/7 twist

One of only 8000 made back in the Pre-Ban days from '88-'90.

Serial number begins with GS007***

It is 99%, danged near immaculate, I wouldn't hesitate to say the only rounds fired through it were Colt's test rounds.

sjtMytK.jpg

X0oC682.jpg

yjCjQEB.jpg

cB3etTh.jpg

Where did you get that? Holy Cow!

First shop I went to yesterday, a little hole in the wall LGS called Revered Firearms here in Mobile, AL.

I noticed it and gave it a once over on the counter.

It kept calling to me all day long as I wandered other gun store looking for a new wheelgun.

I went home did about 10 minutes of research, called the shop for a couple details and then excitedly drove back to get her.

First shop I went to yesterday, a little hole in the wall LGS called Revered Firearms here in Mobile, AL.

I noticed it and gave it a once over on the counter.

It kept calling to me all day long as I wandered other gun store looking for a new wheelgun.

I went home did about 10 minutes of research, called the shop for a couple details and then excitedly drove back to get her.

I like when things go that way.

It's like it was meant to be

• 2 weeks later...