What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

Zastava M92PV. I couldn't help myself.

And I may not be able to resist the call of the Form 1. Cause that little bastard with a side folder would be sofa king awesome!

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

Zastava M92PV. I couldn't help myself.

And I may not be able to resist the call of the Form 1. Cause that little bastard with a side folder would be sofa king awesome!

I know what you mean. I just got my M85 back from my smith. It looks and shoots awesome. It'd be even better with the underfolder attached though...

In accordance with my New Year's resolution, I snatched a box of 12ga, hollow point, rifled slugs tonight.

Seriously considering an VMac-10 .45acp for $380 though!

Fuck.,, me.. They sold out in under 2 hours...

Oh well.... Plenty of wheel guns out there that I don't own yet!

4,320 rounds of surplus 5.45x39

1,760 rounds of surplus 7.62x54R

1,250 rounds of surplus 9mm for my AR

600 rounds of Federal FMJ 9mm

100 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty 9mm

300 rounds of Whit Box .38 Special

2 Saiga 12 ten round mags

Krebs saftey for the S12

2 AK Retainer Plates

Its been a good week lol

(Next up, I need some x39, birdshot that I'll mold into slugs, and a bigger safe..promised myself I wouldnt get any more guns til I do that)

Just picked up several C Products 556/223 30rd mags for $11.95 each from AIM Surplus.

LMAO at all these people and dealers selling new/used aluminum AR mags for $25.+

AIM has refused to significantly raise prices.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

Finally tracked-down an AR lower, picked that up today at my local gun shop. Also bought a new forend, and a Magpul ACS stock. Then hit up the websites when I got home and got a Nikon M-223 scope and mount, Magpul pistol grip, and a buffer tube kit. :up:

Edited by Ronin38

Just picked up several C Products 556/223 30rd mags for $11.95 each from AIM Surplus.

LMAO at all these people and dealers selling new/used aluminum AR mags for $25.+

What about crooked CTD trying to make a quick buck er-r ...$99 for those?

(Disclaimer: I'm done with "dirt").

post-28515-0-00311600-1360547746.jpg

(Image taken on January 2, 2013).

What about CTD? Screw'em for being them.

Those Colt mags, and other Name Brand mags, have always gone for a premium to the suckers.

Even before this government induced madness, they went for what, $50.?

C Products mags have always been a budget priced mag, $9.-12.

And AIM is most obviously not CTD.

What about crooked CTD trying to make a quick buck er-r ...$99 for those?

(Disclaimer: I'm done with "dirt").

Edited by ChileRelleno

No kidding. People are paying way more than that for USGI suplus used mags.

4,320 rounds of surplus 5.45x39

1,760 rounds of surplus 7.62x54R

1,250 rounds of surplus 9mm for my AR

600 rounds of Federal FMJ 9mm

100 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty 9mm

300 rounds of Whit Box .38 Special

2 Saiga 12 ten round mags

Krebs saftey for the S12

2 AK Retainer Plates

Its been a good week lol

(Next up, I need some x39, birdshot that I'll mold into slugs, and a bigger safe..promised myself I wouldnt get any more guns til I do that)

1000 rds of Wolf 7.62x39

500 rds RIO 12 gauge 9 pellet 00 BS

1000 rds .223 penetrator loaded in once fired cases

1700 .40 S&W nickel cases for reloading.

How do you guys feel about same sex marriage? Not that I'm a gold digger, of course.

Seriously though, I have semi-adequate supplies of ammo. Especially since Winter in Iowa doesn't lend itself to extended periods of comfortable range time and I stocked up to a degree before the latest crisis.

Still, my mind drifts more toward reloading during these trying times. I realize it may be a fallacy in that reloading supplies are just as scarce as ammunition (if not more so) but I derive no small satisfaction from pulling that one armed bandit and spitting out another round that I made myself. I also realize our communist oppressors now know that confiscating our firearms isn't feasible at this point and may instead concentrate on drying up supplies and escalating prices of ammunition instead.

I've only done 40 and 223 so far. Mainly because that's what I shoot the most and I have/had virtually unlimited supplies of brass for such. However, I have recently ordered dies for 308, 7.62x39, and 9mm too. I've also ordered 1000 40 S&W and 1000 9mm plated bullets from a supplier in Canada (Aim Projectiles). I would have gotten more but have no experience with plated bullets. This will definitely give me that experience, I'm sure. I'll let you guys know how they work. I will say this about them though. 94 bucks for the 9mm and 117.00 for the 40s, plus shipping, which I'm unsure of the total just yet. If I don't get raped on that, then the price is good.

I also plan on reloading ALL steel I shoot with the possible exception of 7.62x54r. That stuff is still cheap enough not to bother with. I will be keeping the empties for possible future use though.

Lastly, I'll put in a request to our more affluent members. Please don't buy up all the ammo you run across just because you can. Especially if your intentions are to resell at a profit. There are a lot of fellow enthusiasts scraping to get by these days and the higher the price of ammo, the more inclined they will be just to get out of our hobby altogether. You would thus lose a comrade in arms and be less able to deal with an oppressive government intent on pricing us out of business, which is their current tactic, IMHO.

Thank you for your time,

Timmer

• Like 1
Can you reload steel? I never heard of that.

Yes you can. It's more difficult but these are more difficult times. The main problem is the Berdan primers, but it it isn't insurmountable, just more of a pain. I seriously recommend everyone save all their empties, not just the brass ones.

I reload 9mm, .45, .40, and 38 special. I've been using Berry's and Ranier plated bullets with no problems. I use Titegroup powder for all 4 calibers, it makes it easier to stock supplies. I was reloading 50 rounds of each caliber for around $7-10 depending on the caliber.

Edited by BB1980
  • Like 1

I've never reloaded ammo, but I'll be collecting my empties because I will probably start soon.

OT: I bought a can of Rem Oil in Wally World (unfortunately, that's all that I walked out with).

Now, I'm trying to find a good, large safe that's not overpriced because of its name. Feel free to chime in w/ suggestions

Edited by King Cash
I reload 9mm, .45, .40, and 38 special. I've been using Berry's and Ranier plated bullets with no problems. I use Titegroup powder for all 4 calibers, it makes it easier to stock supplies. I was reloading 50 rounds of each caliber for around $7-10 depending on the caliber.

Yeah, I use Titegroup for 40 with excellent results. It should work fine on 9mm too.

As I mentioned, I have no experience with plated bullets but figure they're worth a try at the price. Glad to hear they are working for you. From what I understand you need to stay away from anything but the lightest crimp and don't use too hot of a load. Other than that, they are supposed to be great for range usage. I'll definitely be finding out.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="King Cash" data-cid="862740" data-time="1360644578"><p>

I've never reloaded ammo, but I'll be collecting my empties because I will probably start soon. <br />

<br />

OT: I bought a can of Rem Oil in Wally World (unfortunately, that's all that I walked out with).<br />

<br />

Now, I'm trying to find a good, large safe that's not overpriced because of its name. Feel free to chime in w/ suggestions</p></blockquote>

We got a Liberty made safe from Cabelas that is huge and reasonably priced to us anyway. The wife wanted the upgraded material on the shelves so it looked nicer so we spent extra on that. I think it was sold as s 64 gun. We got it for the size and the security features...lots of bolts or whatever that lock the door, etc...

AR mags last week... Which shipped today!

And this week a case of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 from SGAmmo.

They have it in stock, 1000rds $249.99 or 200rds $59.99... Get it while it lasts.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Almost forgot... I registered for another Appleseed, these are so much fun, I keep doing them.

If you've never been to an Appleseed or CMP shooting clinic... GO!

Even if you think you know everything, even if you do know everything, you can always learn more... And have a lot of fun doing it.

Edited by ChileRelleno