What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

I just picked up the custom old growth English walnut stock for my 10ga Spanish double. Lots of figure. Absolutely gorgeous. I need to work on final fitting and finishing, then it'll be done.

Now, you cannot tease me like that. Post up a picture, at least do it when its fit!

Here's how it started, before the stock snapped at the wrist:

pix263096250.jpg

This is part of the old growth English walnut I used, and measured 22" x 13" x 2.75":IMG00014-20130505-1102_zps202e6a84.jpg

Mocked up, but not final fitted or finished.

IMG00013-20130505-1101_zpsf19dc609.jpg

IMG00011-20130505-1100_zps8a12a158.jpg

• Like 7
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

I got a meager 150 rounds of 9mm from sportsmans warehouse.

Stopped at WM and got 4 boxes of Remington high velocity 22LR for 2.17 per 50. My under $10 score seemed like a huge victory.

Very nice work on the gun Patriot!

^^^ Very cool! Thanks for sharing! I won't bother you more about it. Thanks for sharing, and post up finished pics, or PM them to me or whatever, I'd love to see it done!

Here's a pic of the actual gun itself (Springfield XDm 3.8 Compact .45) with my XDm 5.25 9mm...I also plan on jeweling the barrel, doing a trigger job, & MAYBE putting an RMR on the top (co-witness tho)

IMG_19792_zps409dbc1b.jpg

Edited by King Cash
  • Like 1

Picked up 16 pounds of Ramshot Silhoutte pistol powder from a local guy. I had it on backorder from Brownells for 2 months and no joy. Just lucky somebody in my area had some extra lying around.

Doug

500 rounds XM855.

6 Troy magazine.

How much for did you pay for the 855's?

I got 920 rounds of 22LR for $89 OTD. Not a great price. But assholes here are wanting the same or more for a brick.

Last weekend, I bought a couple BX-25s for $32.00 each. A few people at the gun show still had them for $50 or more, but prices are starting to come back down. Still waiting for better ammo prices......and small rifle primers.

500 rounds XM855.

6 Troy magazine.

How much for did you pay for the 855's?

I got 920 rounds of 22LR for $89 OTD. Not a great price. But assholes here are wanting the same or more for a brick.

$250.

Good deal compare to what the usual sell price for now.

I would pay $250 for 855's. I've been lowballing the shit outta armslist guys and having fun doing it. I'm looking at it the same way they are. If it sells then it sells. If not, oh well.

I would pay $250 for 855's. I've been lowballing the shit outta armslist guys and having fun doing it. I'm looking at it the same way they are. If it sells then it sells. If not, oh well.

I bought 400 rounds for plinking a week ago, until price come down on ammunition I think I will keep instead of shoot.

These 855's are for defense mostly, a lot of criminal in my area. :(

I only shoot the limited amount of 855's I have when I find something worthy of them. I've got one of those railroad plates that I put the hurt on with them. I keep meaning to take a pic and get it posted dammit.

Edited by Big John!
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to the gun shop to visit my future next purchase, a range gun promissed to sell to me in June. Well I went in to visit it tody an BINGO....the owner decided to let me take it home today.....I'm very happy red_heart.gif

post-13516-0-44289500-1369437740.jpg

^^^ I love that XDm in .45! Hope I get the chance to own one, someday! Very cool King Cash! Congrats!

Thanks! I'm taking it to the range for the first time now!

Before i got the 1911, the day before I made a friend at the range who let me try the xdm. I gotta say, its going to be my next handgun. I had to buy e 1911 though, it just had to be!

Th big brown truck dropped off two BMC bcgs today. Got an email Tuesday morning that they were in stock and I happen to be sitting in front of the computer. If I could find some Vltor 1-As at a decent price I could finish a couple builds I'm working on.

Edited by sccritterkiller