What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

Congrats AA!

Although not as nice as yours, I picked up a Ruger SR1911, and 450 rounds (target) and 50 speer HP.31079362.jpg

Dude that Ruger is very nice :up:

Thanks, AA, if I ever manage to get down there, we'll have to do a 1911 shoot off!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

Asked what was in an old nasty ammo can stuffed in the corner behind the counter at a little pawn. The kid dug out a Norinco .223 AK mag, a perfect PSL mag, and a 20 round AR mag. He had no idea what they were and didn't care. I said $10, he said "sold." Mom and pops in south GA, they just don't know or care "some of them.."

Edited by jdub23
  • Like 1
I stopped by at the (semi-) local Gun Shop yesterday and couldn't believe my eyes: AK, AR on the shelves, from Stag to Bushmaster (5.56, not .22LR), and .223 and 5.56 ammo available.

Bought plinking TulAmmo .223 for $7.99 per box, and Federal and Independence 5.56 for $12.99.

Wow!

Also Remington .22LR is available in boxes of 50 for $3.99, but ONE-PER-DAY per customer.

Worth checking locals.

Hope tide is turning...

2 boxes of .410 #6.

2 boxes of 16 gauge #6.

1 box .30-06.

The .410 can is now full!

91 x 3" #4 lead

182 x 2 1/2" #6 lead

91 x 2 1/2" 1/4 oz slug

The 16 gauge can is also full at 153 rounds. (17x9 loose pack)

The .30-06 can is now full at 308 rounds. (22x14 loose pack)

sig 1911 scorpion. traded my springfield 1911 for it.

1911-Scorpion-Detail-R.jpg

You will never regret that trade! I'm heading to the range in a bit and I'll be firing mine. Without a doubt, it's the nicest handgun I own.

I thought all 1911 were the same except for how they were customized. I had alot work don on my springfield. The weight and balance are nicer. It is nice to fire. almost lost it to my wife she likes it to.

sig 1911 scorpion. traded my springfield 1911 for it.

1911-Scorpion-Detail-R.jpg

You will never regret that trade! I'm heading to the range in a bit and I'll be firing mine. Without a doubt, it's the nicest handgun I own.

I thought all 1911 were the same except for how they were customized. I had alot work don on my springfield. The weight and balance are nicer. It is nice to fire. almost lost it to my wife she likes it to.

You can certainly customize one to give you a similar feel, but this has been a rare thing for me: Feels and works great right out of the box. The only thing I changed was adding a Wilson extended slide release due to my girlishly small hands. :)

one box.........500 rds......winchester 22lr.

it came in a limited edition cabela's wooden box......$30.00.....

While I was looking at these, in about 2 minutes, they all flew off the shelves along with

about 100 boxes of pmc 9mm.....I was afraid to stick my hand near the 9mm.....horror.gif

it was like a swarm of locust when they put it out.....

Edited by read_the_wall

Wife bought a Colt Mustang 380 Carry Lite on Sat. $700 out the door from Bass Pro. Went down to the local public range and she rocked with this gun, second round was dead center. I tried it and never found the target. Gun ran perfect. Ordered Her two 7 round mags with pinky grips from Colt.

This will make her more flexible when she carries M&P 40c and now the Colt.

Wife bought a Colt Mustang 380 Carry Lite on Sat. $700 out the door from Bass Pro. Went down to the local public range and she rocked with this gun, second round was dead center. I tried it and never found the target. Gun ran perfect. Ordered Her two 7 round mags with pinky grips from Colt.

This will make her more flexible when she carries M&P 40c and now the Colt.

Nice looking gun. I'm not a huge fan of 380 for main carry. But since she has a 40c all is forgiven.haha.gif

Mine hasn't carried her 26 since the day it came home. Big responsibility plus her work is a no carry zone. I personally would ignore this as some of the shithead gang banging fucks that go into that hospital are surely carrying. I gently persuade her. But don't want to push her into it. When she's ready she will carry. I fear that if I push too hard and she carries and isn't ready to pull the trigger, then I'm putting her in danger just because I think it's the thing to do.

So... Be happy your wife is doing what needs to be done in this day and age. Oh... And IMO she has great taste in guns.

Edited by Big John!

If it is expensive she will get it ! But she is worth every penny and more.

Her father was murdered with a pistol and she had to pull the plug on him. Most would never want to look at a gun because of that.

But the fact that I take one to work everyday gave her the insight that its not the gun but the bad guy.

She looks at it as a tool to protect and nothing more, she is not a gun person but she wants the best tool for the job.

The guy at Bass Pro said that he did not have any 380 ammo for the gun, just happens I had 500 rounds on the shelf so we went out that afternoon and burned some. It was the first time she asked me if we could go and shoot. Most of the time I have to make her go to keep her skills up.

Man do I love that woman.

Finally got me a .308. Tax stamp came in so...

831dc451-44b0-4f85-979a-6877e2d69a67_zps

Congrats! That's a sweet looking gun. How long did it take to get the stamp? Have you fired it yet?
thanks. 7 months, give or take. Yes I have fired brass and steel case perfectly. It's pretty quiet (not Hollywood quiet), especially for a .308 . Edited by RedChallenger
  • 2 weeks later...

Some how, I traded my Taurus 1911 (first gun I ever shot 3 years ago) for this AR (Yankee hill lower/ Black Thorn Upper) minus the eotech and horizontal ninja grip that I like looking at lol

I miss my 1911 but I'm pretty sure that I'll get over her very soon

IMG_2070_zps8fafbd85.jpg

Edited by King Cash
  • Like 1

Lee sizer in .358, .410 (I may sell this one after I run the bullets I cast through it).

.223 trimmer stem

.380 ACP FCD to ensure reliable feeding. Need a couple max cartridge gauges for the tapered cartridges.