What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

Good score! I have several, and a few ith rust spots. I just kept thm dry, but theres nothing I can think to do that wont damage finish.

If I were going o do it, I'd use metal polishing cloth, then follow up with marker or chemical bluing.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wolff recoil spring for my Kimber (Compact Custom), which ended elusive jams and accompanying waste of money on (underqualified) gunnies and "shotgunning" parts swaps.

Single piece of curled wire with $13 price tag saved my beloved friend from further tortures and certain trade or sale.

Like in credit card commercial: ...priceless!

Edited by Sgt. Raven

A couple stripped uppers, a stripped lower and some more parts from Palmetto. Planning on a 7.62x39 pistol and 300BO upper. I plan to later sbr the lower and sbr my M92. Still can't decide if I want the triangle folder or the easy Ace setup on it.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Prices have been falling here so Ive been busy.

Since Holloween.....

-No5 Jungle Carbine

-No1 MK3

-1942 91/30 in war time stock and VG+ cond

- Mosin 91/59

-Mosin 91/30 Tula hex MO double date 1929/53

-S&W model 66-2

-S&W model 36 pre 81

-HK USP 40

-HK P2000 .40

-CzPoint VZ58

-W. German Sig P226........then traded for (what a fucking POS)

- Glock 21

I know Im probably forgeting a few....

-several tins of 5.45 and x54

-10 yugo steel M85 mags @ $10ea

The awesome part is most things under $450 and those that  were over came with a ton of extras.

The Hk P200 was $550 and came with 7 mags and ammo. The VZ was $599 and came with 5 mags

Edited by Arik
  • Like 3

Picked up my first Mosin this weekend.  $62 and change out the door.  Cabela's had them on sale for $129, I had a coupon and Club Points that I used.
The rifle is in good condition, though came with no accessories and the stock has seen better days.

IMG_20131229_091604_640.jpg

IMG_20131229_091418_079.jpg

I want to refinish it to match my SKS and found this picture of a Mosin stock refinished in Minwax Red Mahogany.  I think that's the route I'm going to go.
NOT MY IMAGE

photo6rig.jpg

Also picked up a airsoft gas blow back replica of an M&P for training.

IMG_20131230_193600_050.jpg

Edited by Pyzik

Prices have been falling here so Ive been busy.

Since Holloween.....

-No5 Jungle Carbine

-No1 MK3

-1942 91/30 in war time stock and VG+ cond

- Mosin 91/59

-Mosin 91/30 Tula hex MO double date 1929/53

-S&W model 66-2

-S&W model 36 pre 81

-HK USP 40

-HK P2000 .40

-CzPoint VZ58

-W. German Sig P226........then traded for (what a fucking POS)

- Glock 21

I know Im probably forgeting a few....

-several tins of 5.45 and x54

-10 yugo steel M85 mags @ $10ea

The awesome part is most things under $450 and those that  were over came with a ton of extras.

The Hk P200 was $550 and came with 7 mags and ammo. The VZ was $599 and came with 5 mags

Damn dude, you've been busy.

Picked up my first Mosin this weekend.  $62 and change out the door.  Cabela's had them on sale for $129, I had a coupon and Club Points that I used.

The rifle is in good condition, though came with no accessories and the stock has seen better days.

IMG_20131229_091604_640.jpg

IMG_20131229_091418_079.jpg

I want to refinish it to match my SKS and found this picture of a Mosin stock refinished in Minwax Red Mahogany.  I think that's the route I'm going to go.

NOT MY IMAGE

photo6rig.jpg

Also picked up a airsoft gas blow back replica of an M&P for training.

IMG_20131230_193600_050.jpg

Great scores.  Those M&P's are cool as hell.

I guess I was not too naughty this year, 'cause kind Santa brought me something re-e-e-ally nice:

brand spanking new CZ-75 P-02 with its famous Omega trigger in 9x19mm Luger.

gallery_28515_747_404736.jpg

Gotta love the CZ75!!!! One of these days....

Mossberg 930SPX Coyote Tan.  And a Walther PK380 for the missus.  She has trouble pulling back the slide on a 9mm but this pistol she can pull.  I figure better a 380 she can use than a 9mm she can't.  Never figured how hard it would be to find 380 ammo...

post-4831-0-59355000-1388789837_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-45026000-1388789854_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 5

Woohoo...at wally world and they have 7.62x51 American Eagle. 500 rounds for $375. I'm calling that a win. Way less than a buck a round. Happy happy happy.

1000 round case - 308 FMJ 145 grain Prvi Partizan - Non-magnetic - Brass Case - Boxer Primer - Mil-Spec type ammo PP322
IMG_2029.JPG
IMG_2029.JPGIMG_2028_0.JPGIMG_2027.JPG

1000 round case - 308 FMJ 145 grain Prvi Partizan Brass Case - Boxer Primer Mil-Spec type ammo PP322

Very nice Mil-spec type 308 FMJ ammo. Non-magnetic bullet, reloadable brass, in sealed 200 round packs

QUANTITY PRICING 1 or more $559.75

Took out the new 930SPX and the PK380.

The PK380 had at least 1 fte in each mag.  Taking a closer look I found the extractor doesn't capture the rim and completely releases it when the barrel tilts down.  This results in very weak ejection and frequent ftes.  Doing a bit of research I find that the extractor is a known issue for years that hasn't been fixed.

Not happy at all to buy a Walther pistol which is supposed to be a quality brand to find that they continue to ship a known problem.

The 930SPX is great.  It had 1 fte around the 10th round (walmart bulk ammo) but after that another 100 rounds of mostly bulk ammo was flawless.  The pattern with birdshot is very open.  Slightly better with cheap buckshot.  I may have the barrel threaded for choke tubes.  That is the only real hesitation I had buying it, that it didn't take choke tubes.

Took out the new 930SPX and the PK380.

The PK380 had at least 1 fte in each mag.  Taking a closer look I found the extractor doesn't capture the rim and completely releases it when the barrel tilts down.  This results in very weak ejection and frequent ftes.  Doing a bit of research I find that the extractor is a known issue for years that hasn't been fixed.

Not happy at all to buy a Walther pistol which is supposed to be a quality brand to find that they continue to ship a known problem.

For the hell of it, try getting on youtube for some slide disassembly videos for a thorough cleaning. It may or may not help after doing that, but at least you'll have the know how afterwards. Guess you could always send it back and make them fix it. That sucks. What kind of ammo were you running?

I did remove the extractor and there was nothing foreign in there.  Just a piss poor design.  Ammo was winchester white box and handloads.

At first I blamed the handloads.  Then I blamed limip wristing.  But when I discovered that it wouldn't even eject a live round when you pull back the slide I knew it was an extractor problem.  The extractor lets go of the case as soon as the barrel tilts.

When we got home I looked on the interwebs and found it's a known issue.

I've had no luck sending guns back for warranty work.  They have always come back still not working.  If I can't get it working myself I'll sell it and call it a lesson learned.  But either way, no more Walther or S&W for me.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

After waiting 18 months my Kimber Raptor II stainless  finally arrived in mid December.  Then at Christmas I picked up an unfired still in the box Norinco 56s under folder and a Colt Python.  Also picked up some .22, 7.62, and 00 buck for stock.  I very well may be ordering a Vepr 12 this week, Im sure you'll hear about it if I dobig_smile.gif big_smile.gif big_smile.gif