What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

I did remove the extractor and there was nothing foreign in there.  Just a piss poor design.  Ammo was winchester white box and handloads.

At first I blamed the handloads.  Then I blamed limip wristing.  But when I discovered that it wouldn't even eject a live round when you pull back the slide I knew it was an extractor problem.  The extractor lets go of the case as soon as the barrel tilts.

When we got home I looked on the interwebs and found it's a known issue.

I've had no luck sending guns back for warranty work.  They have always come back still not working.  If I can't get it working myself I'll sell it and call it a lesson learned.  But either way, no more Walther or S&W for me.

Shit like that gets stuck in my head.  That gun would be history.  I had a Springfield xds that FTE constantly when my wife shot it.  We shot it at the range one day.  Then she had all sorts of practice clearing her weapon during her CCW class and that gun left the very next day.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

I did remove the extractor and there was nothing foreign in there.  Just a piss poor design.  Ammo was winchester white box and handloads.

At first I blamed the handloads.  Then I blamed limip wristing.  But when I discovered that it wouldn't even eject a live round when you pull back the slide I knew it was an extractor problem.  The extractor lets go of the case as soon as the barrel tilts.

I've had no luck sending guns back for warranty work.  They have always come back still not working.  If I can't get it working myself I'll sell it and call it a lesson learned.  But either way, no more Walther or S&W for me.

Shit like that gets stuck in my head.  That gun would be history.  I had a Springfield xds that FTE constantly when my wife shot it.  We shot it at the range one day.  Then she had all sorts of practice clearing her weapon during her CCW class and that gun left the very next day.

If its just happens to your wife it could be that she is limp wristing that gun.

But generally speaking I do the same. If it doesnt function it doesnt stay. I dont want to send it back and forth nor do I care what the problem was. Just had this with a recent purchase. Bought a very clean Sig 226 9mm. One of the old ones back when they made quality dependable guns. Complete gun was made in W. GERMANY. It wouldnt feed at all. It was basically a single action because upon loading the next round it would jam. I wish it worked because I really wanted to like it but instead I traded it for a G21 and got some cash  along with it

• Like 2

If its just happens to your wife it could be that she is limp wristing that gun.

That is the conclusion that I came to as well.  All my weapons must be able to be used by anyone that lives in my home.  No exceptions.  

• Like 1

- Crimson Trace universal laser sight for my new CZ 75 P-02.

- Wolff recoil spring for "AKAR".

- Wolf 9mm ammo (3x50 rounds ea), adding to variety.

- Independence 5.56NATO (3 "regulated purchase" boxes at Walmart).

Heading to the gun show this weekend, hoping to score on CZ night sights and extra mag.

Edited by Sgt. Raven

Prvi Partizan .308win 145gr FMJ 100rds

M1A/M14 CMI 20rd mags (2)

M1A/M14 Sadlak NM Spring Guide (1)

M1A/M14 Tubbs chrome silicon operating spring (1)

M1A/M14 Tubbs hammer spring (1)

M1A/M14 Gas system cleaning tools

An assortment of USGI trigger group parts

• Like 2

I traded my G30 gen 3 straight across for a G17 gen 4.  Very happy with this trade.  Now I just need the fucking wind to stop blowing here so I can enjoy the range.  It's been blowing hard off and on for almost a fucking week.  I fucking hate wind!  I haven't even got to shoot my Magpul Saiga 7.62 dammit.

• Like 1

Prvi Partizan .308win 145gr FMJ 100rds

M1A/M14 CMI 20rd mags (2)

M1A/M14 Sadlak NM Spring Guide (1)

M1A/M14 Tubbs chrome silicon operating spring (1)

M1A/M14 Tubbs hammer spring (1)

M1A/M14 Gas system cleaning tools

An assortment of USGI trigger group parts

I almost picked up an M1A. I had the chance for that or the M4 in the pic above. What kind did you get Chile?

Got a DPMS Panther Claw. I tried installing a barrel by clamping the barrel and all I got was scratches in the melonite finish. sad.png Also a flash hider and some Lancer AWM mags. The AWMs supposedly feed 300BLK better because they dont have a center rib that rubs the larger bullets.

Now I need to get my Saiga M setup the way I want.

One of these.

Thats pretty sweet. Whats the price?

I also need one that catches everyone elses brass...

• Like 1

I almost picked up an M1A. I had the chance for that or the M4 in the pic above. What kind did you get Chile?

I got a M1A Standard in Walnut.

Now I'm going through and making numerous little upgrades to it, most specifically replacing cast parts with forged USGI parts.

Prime examples being, extractor, hammer and other trigger components.

And making some changes to improve function/accuracy, such as the spring guide, springs and shimming the gas system.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

One of these. 

that's cool where did you get it

One of these.

Thats pretty sweet. Whats the price?

I also need one that catches everyone elses brass...

I ordered it off Amazon, sold and shipped from Optics Planet, who were slower than Heinz. It was about $45 and I used a gift card that I got for Xmas. It's a Caldwell product that is listed on their own website. Tested only 10 rounds so far and it seems to work perfectly, as expected.

ETA: The base mounts can be purchased separately for transfer to multiple guns. It comes with one, and the position is adjustable.

Edited by Yeoldetool

I got a M1A Standard in Walnut.

Now I'm going through and making numerous little upgrades to it, most specifically replacing cast parts with forged USGI parts.

Prime examples being, extractor, hammer and other trigger components.

And making some changes to improve function/accuracy, such as the spring guide, springs and shimming the gas system.

I was a cunt hair away from getting one.  I researched a lot, and found all of these mods being made.  I wanted that sucker bad.  But, I couldn't bring myself to hit that price point and still have to buy shit for it.  I still want one, but...

Romanian 75 round drum mag for $62 shipped, Should have bought more!

Who has those?

Firearms for sale had them. They are currently 71.95 before shipping, changes almost daily. J&G has them fr 69.95. Went to a gun show here today and  a guy had them for 79.99. I didn't ask if he would come down from that.

Romanian 75 round drum mag for $62 shipped, Should have bought more!

Nice, true pre-panic pricing! I want to get one just to make a liberals head explode, but regular mags are so much more cost efficient.

That's why I bought it. It looks cool too.

Edited by wtjosaas

I was a cunt hair away from getting one.  I researched a lot, and found all of these mods being made.  I wanted that sucker bad.  But, I couldn't bring myself to hit that price point and still have to buy shit for it.  I still want one, but...

Mods are mods, its not like they have to be done.

But yeah, you'd think that for $1400+, all the peaks-n-tweaks and 'what nots' would be taken care of.

Granted, SA has awesome customer service, takes care of their guarantee and the rifles are good-very good, but they've cut a few corners and continue to maintain prices on their good name.

I could have spent $2-3K on an LRB, JRA or Fulton, an had everything done, barrel fire lapped, gas system unitized, trigger tuned and the best of everything.  I could spend $250-350 on a new trigger group, or drop $84 on NOS parts from CMP and do it myself.

But I like doing things myself, its fun, I learn about my firearm and I get drive my wife crazy with constant little purchases.

• Like 1

Well, got a quality 1911 builder close by. Admired his work for years. Need over sized and easy maneuvering functions now. So he is custom building/fitting an officers bottom to a commander top. Be done in a couple months, will post pics. when finished. Starts with basic foundered and builds to customers specs and wants. Couple of his past customers were gracious enough to let me see and try some of his work before Christmas. Yes, I've never really been into or could justify a 1 off custom build in a handgun, yet, love my Glock, Springfield, and Sig Sauers. Feel like a kid and really giddy. Ok. I'm pathetic. When I'm gone, it will be a pass down weapon. See, trying to justify it. Oh, heck. Just wanted to do it.

Edited by Ruffian72

MidwayUSA has   Federal Champion Target Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point Case of 5250 (10 Boxes of 525)

available for 'Back Order'.  Listed as 'Over Due' on arrival time, but they had it in stock for a very short time last week.

I missed it then, I'm not missing it again, so what if it takes a month or six to show up.

All my .22s love this stuff, so I had to pull the trigger on it @ $0.04 per rd.

• Like 1

Bought some things that will remain unnamed but have noticed the 22LR making a comeback on the shelves.

Have my quota of federal so hoping the CCI types will be available soon.

Yeah, I hear that on the CCI.

My best accuracy shooting targets is using CCI Mini-Mag 36gr HP.

I was pissed when I had to hold off the last time Cabelas had the 1600rd ammo cans of it for $99.99 shipped.

I picked up 2k last time PSA had it in stock at 7.99 per 100rds.

Still have some of it left.

Edited by ChileRelleno