What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

Number one reason, Velocity.

But also,

Manufactured by a renowned Vympel

IIRC it is one of the only with a FMJ/BT bullet offering improve accuracy

Fully sealed case neck & primer

Green lacquer coating

Non corrosive

Inexpensive

762x39Velocities1_zpse0fe51e0.png

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

Why is GT the most awesomest FMJ?

Velocity yes.  Plus the boat tail bullet is going to carry more velocity downrange.

And the bullet and primer are sealed.  Good for long term storage.

And a big air pocket in the nose to help it yaw quickly.  Here is a gel test showing how quickly it yaws.  Really hard hitting stuff.

That's why I have 4k of the stuff and wish I had more.  When I sold the 1911 today I probably would have gotten another case if SGA wasn't sold out.

Sold a 1911 I never shoot and bought this:

Mossberg MVP Flex 7.62x51. Got it on sale for $550 out the door. Now I need some decent glass and a bipod and a couple of PMags. Possibly a cheek riser...

The stock and pg are QD so it's a nice compact package for discrete transport.

Can you shoot it without the stock/PG?
Say, zombie apo or Red Dawn 3?

Make sure to post the range time AAR.
Nice boomstick; happy for you and the Mossberg.

Yes you can shoot it without the stock. Don't think I'd want to. But you can buy just a pistol grip for it. Cause persuader-style sniper rifles are so useful.  haha.gif

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Sold a 1911 I never shoot and bought this:

Mossberg MVP Flex 7.62x51.  Got it on sale for $550 out the door.  Now I need some decent glass and a bipod and a couple of PMags.  Possibly a cheek riser...

The stock and pg are QD so it's a nice compact package for discrete transport.

This rifle is very Savage-like, using the Lightning Bolt trigger very like the Savage Accutrigger, and a barrel nut holding the barrel on.  These are two features I like about the Savage rifles and part of the reason I bought this Mossy.

attachicon.gifMVP.jpg

This picture is not my rifle or my picture.  I stole it from Nick Leghorn over at http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/01/foghorn/hands-mossberg-mvp-308-winchester/

attachicon.gifmvp flex.jpg

The MDT LSS chassis for the MVP is pretty sweet. 

dsc_0192_1.pngdsc_0200_1.png

Ordered a Vepr .223 16" square back Version 2/Integrated sights and Vepr12 w/ welded folder. Managed to snag them the night of the ban before the prices jumped up.

Also got a Archangel AK buttstock to tryout, MFT Handguard and MFT Engage grip and CSS Lower handguard adapter to swap out for the rough wood. Haven't settled on FCG and muzzle brake/Flash hider. 

Will probably get Definitive Arms magwell added to take the PMAGS I already have tons of at a later date. 

Five csspec .308 mags.  My panic buy is that S308 won't be coming in anymore and Csspec will quit making 'em.

I need some steel S12 Csspec mags too, but S308 was my priority as he is the only manufacture of STEEL  S308 mags...

Macbeau...

Edited by macbeau

Found a blackhawk serpa on gt for my new od g19 for $25 shipped, can't beat that! I would rather have the carbon fiber model like I have for my pt145 but I can deal with the plain. Anyone know where to get a little patch of cf to glue on myself :lol:

Picked up the MVP today. 

God I have Fudds.  The old guy in the lgs was on hold for my NICS and he made a comment that the wait was probably due to all the people buying AK47s.  His tone made it clear he didn't think much of Kalashnikovs.  Funny thing is he's standing in front of a wall with 20 AKs on it. 

Then he was writing the caliber of the MVP which is 7.62 NATO.  He thought it was silly to call it a 7.62 when it should be called 308.  I didn't point out to him that they're different.  He goes on talking about the different 7.62 calibers.  He pointed out that 7.62x63 is a 30-06.  And then he says "And there's that ugly little 7.62x39."  The thought of the x39 clearly disgusted him.

So I looked at him and said, "Yep it's ugly and that's why I love it."  His eyebrows went up and he says "Really?".  "Yep.  We done here?"

• Like 1

CAA AL Tube, CTR stock, Intrafuse HG, (above mentioned Saiga IZ132), KNS .52 post, CSS parts, & MagPul AK grip.

Forgot I got in my Desert Palm IIIA 'Defender' front/rear 'vest' today..  (plate due Monday)

my wallet feels lighter  sad.png    but me happier  smile.png

Edited by YWHIC

12 Z-Mags from Shockwave Technologies - 30 rd metal mags made for the Mac11/9 millimeter, made and tooled up in Utah. 11 .45 caliber Glock 13 rd mags from Botach Tactical,  2 - 37mm Cobray Flare Launchers for HB AR-15, One Colt HBAR A2 Sporter, 1980's style. Brand new mint cond. A couple M203 hand guards for the AR/Flare launcher.  2000 rds. Winchester White Box 100 rd Value Packs. 30 rds of 37mm  fireworks for the launcher. 2 - Mac 11/9 GA made SWD Cobrays - one brand new in box. A bunch of stupid stuff for the Cobrays, straps, extensions, wrap around grips from Machine Gun USA, etc. A Burris red dot Fast Fire 3,  Other misc. stuff. Some Pelican cases. An UPLULA mag loader.

Best money I ever spent. Cheap. and it works.

Oh, bought a couple more 20 rd. drums for the Saiga 12. I have 3 Saiga 12's. And will have 6 MD drums.

Can you tell where I spent my tax return? lol.

Wish List...

Next on the list is a .45 Glock 3 Gen desert tan. Then another 10mm Gock,

and then I am done.

I hope.

No more of this insanity. Just ammo. lol.

Maybe just one more AR. I want to get the olive drab furniture, and put it on one.

but that will be all. NO More.

maybe a 9mm Glock. BUT No MORE!...

Edited by BronCobraJet

I dont post often in here so stuff tends to build up. From what I can remember.

1. 10 surp x39 mags

2. 3 VZ58 mags

3. Case of GT x39

4. 2 cases of Wolf x39

5. S&W 66 (mint collectable with box and paperwork and presentation case)

6. Romanian RPK Iraqi contract with bipod and folding stock

7. Hungarian FEG AK47

8. S&W 36 snubby

Not even going to count random mags and boxes of ammo

Im sure Im forgetting at least 1 Mosin and probably a few other things

Edited by Arik

Things I wouldn't have bought for at least a few years or at all, if obama hadn't started shit:

-vepr1v

-2 45 round mags

-obzor

-Vepr1v RPK sling and muzzle brake

-russian mosin black sling

-receiver for izzy 83 kit

Edited by AZG

Pics?

Pretty standard. I swapped the crappy factory backup sights for some crappy Magpul BUPS. Took a C-More sight I had laying around and through it on. These guns need a low sight. Someday, when funds allow, I'll throw a Aimpoint T1 on it. I also swapped the birdcage for a PWS Triad.

About the only thing I don't really care for is the thumb mag release. I've worked it over and it's still very tough to actuate. The bolt release is cool but not as nice as the ACR. I also wish I could get rid of the little sections of rail on sides of the handguard.

Overall it's a very cool design. Its completly ambidextrous. The weight is right on the money. I really don't need another SBR but this thing is begging for it. This is everything the ACR should have been and then some. My man love is confused between this, the ACR, the SCAR, and the PWS MK116.

0808764f4b5484920dfcc08c3a589d81_zpscfaf

7523c08fcce866c6f3b6cb52fd9a62c0_zps6222

• Like 2

BH_SERPA_G19.JPG

Found a blackhawk serpa on gt for my new od g19 for $25 shipped, can't beat that! I would rather have the carbon fiber model like I have for my pt145 but I can deal with the plain. Anyone know where to get a little patch of cf to glue on myself laugh.png

IMAG0151.jpgReally wish it was the carbon fiber one like this but oh well

• Like 1

Pics?

Pretty standard. I swapped the crappy factory backup sights for some crappy Magpul BUPS. Took a C-More sight I had laying around and through it on. These guns need a low sight. Someday, when funds allow, I'll throw a Aimpoint T1 on it. I also swapped the birdcage for a PWS Triad.

About the only thing I don't really care for is the thumb mag release. I've worked it over and it's still very tough to actuate. The bolt release is cool but not as nice as the ACR. I also wish I could get rid of the little sections of rail on sides of the handguard.

Overall it's a very cool design. Its completly ambidextrous. The weight is right on the money. I really don't need another SBR but this thing is begging for it. This is everything the ACR should have been and then some. My man love is confused between this, the ACR, the SCAR, and the PWS MK116.

0808764f4b5484920dfcc08c3a589d81_zpscfaf

7523c08fcce866c6f3b6cb52fd9a62c0_zps6222

Those rails look like they are simply bolted on SB.  Why can't you take em off?