What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

DOOM 2016. I had a blast hunting demons most of the day today!

Doom-Shot.gif

...yes, it's firearm related...imaginary firearm, but nonetheless firearm related. IF I really had a BFG9000 it's probably tear me in half the 1st time I fired it.

Oh...and I did this:

gallery_8052_1427_1623338.jpg

I bobbed the hammer, reblued the worn areas, colored in the lettering, and coated the trigger, thumb safety, mag release and slide stop in matte stainless Alumahyde II, baked @ 190F for 3.5 hrs. (The lettering is MUCH sharper than it looks. The flash washed it out a bit.)
Edited by patriot
  • Like 4

Darek, how long is the home range, can you stretch that thing's legs? :red_heart:

400 yards is the most I can shoot without doing some major tree removal, and I love my 40-50 yo water oaks and the acorns they are dropping for the deer. The drought put a major delay in reclaiming the fields and planned shooting lanes from the 6 yr sweet gum forest. (It was just too dusty, and I didn't want to risk starting a fire with the bush hog).

On a brighter note, I was able to shoot briefly last week at 300. Ringing 10" steel with a x39 AR and a PA ACSS 1X6. As soon as the rain lets up this week, I will spend an afternoon putting the Savage through its paces. I have high hopes for this rifle. I am very impressed right out of the box. I have some factory GMM 168 gr, 178gr AMAX's over Varget and 4064, and 175 GMM over 4064 that I very much look forward to feeding it to see what it is capable of.

• Like 3

Might be leaving home here at about 12 noon PST.  May drive to Grants Pass OR for another fairgrounds gun show.  Warm.  Little rain.  Probably will not spend a dime there, unless they have .30 cal ammo cans available for $8-10 bucks each.  Then continuing on to the big box stores to do some Christmas shopping.

Spacehog:  Nice rifle.  Do they make a threaded muzzle version with a shorter barrel designed for a can?  Also a LH version?  Nice nice.

Edited by HB. ... did not go Saturday.  Trying for Sunday, 11 Dec, 2016.  Logistics. Scheduling.  Etc..

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 1

Spacehog:  Nice rifle.  Do they make a threaded muzzle version with a shorter barrel designed for a can?  Also a LH version?  Nice nice.

Savage 10 FLCP-SR

Left handed and suppressor ready, but has a 24" barrel.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10FLCPSR

• Like 2

A couple of accessories for the Draco.

Midwest Industries Extended SS rail with Aimpoint upper.  ALG AKT trigger.  Magpul K2 grip. 

The Primary Arms Advanced sight I already had, and the AFG.

Yes this rail requires you to cut the front handguard retainer off but I'm fine with that.  YMMV.

I may put a Shockwave Blade on it (I already have one I took off the AR pistol when I got the stamp), or I may just put a sling swivel on it.  Maybe the NFA will get repealed or modified and I can just put a folding stock on it.

gallery_4831_950_325817.jpg

• Like 4

A couple of accessories for the Draco.

Midwest Industries Extended SS rail with Aimpoint upper.  ALG AKT trigger.  Magpul K2 grip. 

The Primary Arms Advanced sight I already had, and the AFG.

Yes this rail requires you to cut the front handguard retainer off but I'm fine with that.  YMMV.

I may put a Shockwave Blade on it (I already have one I took off the AR pistol when I got the stamp), or I may just put a sling swivel on it.  Maybe the NFA will get repealed or modified and I can just put a folding stock on it.

gallery_4831_950_325817.jpg

Love it! Built a Mini-Draco for a client and was completely impressed with it. The thing consistently keyholes, but it also consistently hits right where you aim. These are excellent personal defense and 'truck' guns. Micro Draco, Mini Draco, will most likely be my next personal purchase. Set it up like an MP5, with HK sights. Awesome front sight gun! Thanks for posting!

• Like 2

Thank you Chile.  A premium Elite Iron can will add about another 8 inches.  Their Battle Dog only about 5".  I will call Savage Monday to see what they have custom. 16" inches without a can might be too loud.  Maxine Max Blast is.  (Our 16" Saiga 7.62x51).  About 18" sounds like a good compromise with or without a can.  He he he. 

Do I start the can NFA paperwork now or do I wait 100 days and see?  Hearing Protection Act.  All of this stuff has not been bought yet sosss in a way I am getting off topic.  I did buy some "missel tow" (sp) from the door to door girls.  Placed it over another project gun.  Maybe it will get kissed?    Lenix Mint 17 Speell Chzk sucks totally.  :)

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 2

Another case of Wolf Gold.  Whichever way the election goes obuttfucker is going to throw down some imperial decrees before he slimes his way out of the white house.  Better safe than sorry.

Oh hell yeah.

Was amused to see the initial "Trump won - gun and ammo sales plummeted!" and shortly after "Guns and ammo sales are up" (on commie bastards regrouping).

Case of Federal M193, "few" boxes of M855, another AK bayo, 200 rounds of 9mm (mixed weight and function), and more Wolf Oil.

Lock'n'load 'Murica! 

Stay armed, stay strong!

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 1

MINE!

Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.

pix399311708.jpg

Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

I'd really love an Automag III but I know it serves no practical purpose since .30 carbine is just inferior .357mag rimless

MINE!

pix399311708.jpg

I'd really love an Automag III but I know it serves no practical purpose since .30 carbine is just inferior .357mag rimless

Not true at ALL. 30 carbine is a great penetrator. Smaller cross sectional area when compared to 357mag. I've shot both cartridges at many things and there is a definite difference in penetration when using the same bullet weight. As far as practical purpose goes, you can shoot stuff with it. That's practical. My Automag III is accurate as hell. A buddy of mine and I were SMACK!ing bowling pins @ ~200 yds with ours. ( He's a LOT better shot than me, but I still hit it a few times.) The BLAM! and fireball is fun too.

• Like 2

MINE!

pix399311708.jpg

I'd sure rather have that than a 7.62x25!

Yeah.. I can't wait to pick it up! The III is a blast, the IV should be just SICK! I'm ordering some 230gr Golden Sabers to run out of it. They should act like a varmint bullet coming out of this thing! Maybe I'll get a warm day and the groundhogs will be out.

MINE!

pix399311708.jpg

Not true at ALL. 30 carbine is a great penetrator. Smaller cross sectional area when compared to 357mag. I've shot both cartridges at many things and there is a definite difference in penetration when using the same bullet weight. As far as practical purpose goes, you can shoot stuff with it. That's practical. My Automag III is accurate as hell. A buddy of mine and I were SMACK!ing bowling pins @ ~200 yds with ours. ( He's a LOT better shot than me, but I still hit it a few times.) The BLAM! and fireball is fun too.

Good at penetrating? I believe you on that, but it still amuses me since there was that old myth that M1 Carbine shots just bounced off Russians. 

As for my Tokarev, I know my way around mine so well at this point that I like it better than even the 1911 I always lusted after. Since the bullets are flying so fast and hollow points are so easy to obtain I have no issues with my M57.

Granted, .30 carbine out of a 6.5in Blackhawk has 100j more energy than my pistol that doesn't justify the purchase to me. 

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of the .30 Carbine round, I still have the M1 Carbine my sister used for deer. (Legal in PA with the gas piston removed. It's been replaced.)

I also used to know some former Sheriff Deputies who used surplus M1 Carbines for their Patrol Rifle. Back before M4's, and they had to buy their own.  ;)

* Hey, what's the current opinions on the Rock Island Armory 1911's? A local gun store has an officer's model for a VERY good price. I have a Springfield Ultra Carry V-10 Compensated that I just don't like that much... The comp. idea is good in theory, but for practical use it's kind of a pain in the butt. I'd rather have a non-comp. .45 for carry. I found some good reviews from 2014 here, but wasn't sure if they still have a good reputation?

Sadlak Industries, M14/M1A, reinforced QD post

Harris, #5 bipod adapter

Midwest Industries, AR15/M16, heavy duty QD, sling adapter

GroveTec, rifles sling swivel sets, 1-1/4"

Dang I wish I had some un-budgeted cash, you can put together a few different AR15 complete Uppers/Lowers for less than $500 this weekend at PSA.

• Like 1

7" DPMS Kitty Kat barrel

Aero precision upper receiver

Sadlak Industries, M14/M1A, reinforced QD post

Harris, #5 bipod adapter

Midwest Industries, AR15/M16, heavy duty QD, sling adapter

GroveTec, rifles sling swivel sets, 1-1/4"

Dang I wish I had some un-budgeted cash, you can put together a few different AR15 complete Uppers/Lowers for less than $500 this weekend at PSA.

The sales at PSA have been insane the last few days. Had to exercise some serious self control when they had the complete 20" upper group on sale for $320 shipped.