What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

Traded a GSG-5 with three 22 rd mags for a Keltec Sub 2000 9mm Glock model with 3 Glock 33 rounders, and 150 rounds of FMJ. I reloaded those mags with Hornady Critical Duty, inserted a 17 rounder of Critical Duty into the weapon and put it all in a Camelbak MULE. It now resides under my back seat in my truck as a backup to my G19 EDC.

• Like 3

Took the wife, son and some friends to Cabela's early Saturday morning. Walked away with 1,000 rounds of CCI .22LR each for $45.00 each. Glad to restock.

Got my two bricks CCI from Cabela's  delivered for $28.62 and $32.99 , they came Thursday I wonder why the difference.

Just started using Berry's have not shot them . How do you like them?

I've been using them for a few years. There is no leading as long as you keep the velocity under what is recommended on the website. They're much cheaper than jacketed. Use load data the same as you would for lead bullets, up to the starting load for jacketed. I get the best accuracy in the mid range.

Just started using Berry's have not shot them . How do you like them?

I've been using them for a few years. There is no leading as long as you keep the velocity under what is recommended on the website. They're much cheaper than jacketed. Use load data the same as you would for lead bullets, up to the starting load for jacketed. I get the best accuracy in the mid range.

That is what I have learned, got good prices on 380 and 9mm ,hoping they work out

Before the parts all disappear I pieces, parts bought a PSL kit.  No barrel but worst case I can use a Mosin Nagant I have in my parts. I have no idea why

it was a take off it was like new. It wasn't counter bored and bullet test is solid. I was going to do this a few months ago so I started with the front trunnion

then last week I got the kit from a well known company with the bolt, carrier and a bunch of other stuff. Another company or two and pieced together the whole thing.

$450 invested without the PSL barrel. When it warms up I will spin the Mosin barrel down on the lathe and put it together. If it shoots like shit I will have a gunsmith

cut the chamber on a blank  and I will finish the profile. Aside from this barrel crap the gun seems like a long AK so I should be ok with my building tools and building

techniques.

1k of Tulammo 7.62x39.

MOE LPK for $39 

Both for $300 cash OTD.

Very close to internet pricing so I was happy to support my local guy!

On a side note:  Support you LGS's guys.  It my cost you a few bucks more, but brick and mortar stores are gonna be gone if we let the net take over.  This may be part of the grand scheme.  Close all brick and mortar with the net sales getting outta control.  Then turn off the WWW and we can't buy shitamazing.gif tinfoilhat.gif exciting.gif tinfoilhat.gif grimace.gif tinfoilhat.gif electric_shock.gif tinfoilhat.gif

Edited by Big John!
  • Like 2

Just about finished with this set up. 

7.5 inch melonite Adams Arms 5.56 1:7 barrel.

Aimsurplus melonite BCG

Spike's melonite pistol length gas tube

Seekins Precision BAR free float quad rail

Palmetto State Armory upper and lower receivers/parts

Noveske KX3

Magpul K2 grip and trigger guard

RRA pistol buffer tube, buffer and spring

It now has a Vortex Strikefire instead of the small red dot in the pic.  I need to get a light, Sig arm brace, and BUIS for it to finish.  I've ran 200 flawless rounds of russian steel through it with no issues at all and it's still pretty clean.  I Froglubed each piece as it was assembled and that stuff seems to be working very well for it.  This is one of my favorite builds so far.

post-32279-0-07794100-1396495201_thumb.jpg

post-32279-0-95834900-1396495244_thumb.jpg

post-32279-0-14739500-1396495256_thumb.jpg

• Like 1