What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

Felt the need to bling the Mossy 930SPX

So I had the barrel tapped for rem-chokes (if Mossberg wanted me to use accu-chokes they would have threaded it at the factory)

Ordered 5 Carlson's chokes (for both the 930 and 2 other shotguns I'm having threaded for rem-cokes)

Ordered a Mesa Tactical Urbino 2-tone stock

Ordered a Nordic barrel clamp

Installed a rail on the forend and mounted an AFG

Ordered a variety of buckshot ammo to test through the new chokes

Some people say a fighting shotgun doesn't need a choke.  Just use Federal Vital Shock or Hornady Critical Defense that gives tight patterns with no choke.  I like to have options. 

post-4831-0-96960800-1426823461_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

So I had the barrel tapped for rem-chokes (if Mossberg wanted me to use accu-chokes they would have threaded it at the factory)

Ordered 5 Carlson's chokes (for both the 930 and 2 other shotguns I'm having threaded for rem-cokes)

Some people say a fighting shotgun doesn't need a choke.  Just use Federal Vital Shock or Hornady Critical Defense that gives tight patterns with no choke.  I like to have options. 

attachicon.gifurbino.jpg

How much did the barrel tapping cost you?

I wouldn't mind having that done to my Maverick 88. It would be sweet to be able to use chokes with it. 

Ordered one of these last night.  WhiskeyMinion got me thinking about a 9mm AR pistol and something like that has been missing in my collection since I failed to acquire the 9mm tavor kit. being this is roughly what it would cost for an AR pistol or the tavor conversion kit, I am ok with the price. 

CZSCORPIONEVO9MM20.jpg

• Like 2

attachicon.gifurbino.jpg

How much did the barrel tapping cost you?

I wouldn't mind having that done to my Maverick 88. It would be sweet to be able to use chokes with it. 

Ordered one of these last night.  WhiskeyMinion got me thinking about a 9mm AR pistol and something like that has been missing in my collection since I failed to acquire the 9mm tavor kit. being this is roughly what it would cost for an AR pistol or the tavor conversion kit, I am ok with the price. 

CZSCORPIONEVO9MM20.jpg

Let us know how you like it! The original Scorpion is a hoot to shoot in it's original state. Cz was very cool to offer us this model in semi auto. The real deal is about 2000 euros across the pond!

• Like 1

Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm carbine for the little woman.  She doesn't know it yet but I'm stealing the AR I built for her so this is the replacement.

Also got her 2 30 round mags and 2 18 round mags.  The good ones not promag crap.

Timney trigger pack for the Tavor.  Botach has them for $270 shipped.  That's a pretty big discount from the $350 retail price.

• Like 3

CZSCORPIONEVO9MM20.jpg

Very nice! Just needs a felon brace and it should be one fine shooting "pistol"

• Like 1

Last couple year's Overseas work bonus. No longer leaving USA, except to vacation . Having a couple weapons refinished in camo patterns. Add to Ammo and mag. supply: 3,000rds 7.62x39, 2,000rds 45acp, 2,000rds 9mm, 500rds 357, 1,000rds 10mm, 1,000rds 308. Firearms: AK pistols Century Micro, M92, and IO's M214 + acc. for each. Mags: 2 dozen AK, Numerous pistol, M1a, FnFal, and Saiga 308 mags. Ammo storage lockers, additional gun vault. Restocked gun room with supplies, fireproofed and added auto fire snuff out system . Waiting on release of a couple of firearms. Donated and installed target/range equipment at club. Been debt free for 8 years, so bonus now goes to enjoyment. Sort of gun related: Argo 8x8 with tracks and weather canopy to haul weapons and gear. lol

• Like 5

I built an AR pistol in (10.5" barrel 1in7twist) .277 Wolverine. It compliments my 16" of the same caliber. If you're looking for an alternative AR caliber, check this one out. It uses .223/556 brass as the parent case, so all you need is a new barrel. It runs just shy of 6.8SPC velocities but you can still use 223 mags and bolt. I'd post pics but can't seem to do it from my tablet.

• Like 1

A set of Whidden Gunworks reloading dies for 6mm Creedmoor, 1700 Berger 6mm 105 gr Hybrid Target bullets, 4 pounds of Hodgen H4831sc and 200 rounds of Hornady 6mm brass.  All ready for when my new AR-10 6mm Creedmoor barrel comes in at Rainier Arms!  

Doug

• Like 1

I did something I never thought I'd do, I bought a 9mm! It's a TNW Aero carbine in black, you can get kits that convert it to 40 Short and Whimpy or 45acp (I'll get a 45 kit someday). It takes Glock mags (it came with a 15 rd stick, I got a 33rd factory stick at the store and ordered two of the new 50rd drums with 1,000 rds of fmj)! I'll give a range report when I break it all in. It looks fun.

post-19191-0-30295700-1428373927_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm carbine for the little woman.  She doesn't know it yet but I'm stealing the AR I built for her so this is the replacement.

Also got her 2 30 round mags and 2 18 round mags.  The good ones not promag crap.

Timney trigger pack for the Tavor.  Botach has them for $270 shipped.  That's a pretty big discount from the $350 retail price.

Got it set up the way the wife wants it.  She'll never miss the AR...  bad_smile.gif

post-4831-0-66123500-1428625004_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

AIM has POF drop in AR triggers for $119 free shipping so I grabbed 2.

As someone extremely new to the ar world will i notice much of a difference between this and the psa standard trigger group? Im assuming the psa is comparable to a standard mil spec trigger group.

The POF is going to be much better than the PSA standard trigger.

I tried the ALG trigger.  Meh.  I tried the RRA National Match trigger.  Better, but still not "great". 

So I'm going with the POF drop ins hoping that they will be better still.

Edited by Darth Saigus