What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

All-Game and Salt & Fresh Water License

Ordered a Boyds, Rimfire Hunter 93E MKII stock, Forest Camo laminate, for my son's new Savage 93 .22WMR.

Should look a lot like this.

IMG_0467_zpsd8455b7c.jpg

And just ordered the hardware for the stock.

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=353051&CAT=3602

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 7
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

I found another S&W 1917 at last week's gun show, only it was from the first contract of Brazilians. Cosmetically it was in some sort of black type finish, almost pebbly. Had it's share of nicks and dings, grips not exactly great, but the end shake, timing and lockup were good, as was the bore and cylinder. Lanyard ring was missing and hole plugged. Dirty as a pig sty. Always wondered why they never clean them up, probably think that will be someone else's problem if it sells. I walked away, found another in much worse shape, but priced a couple hundred more. As I was leaving I made an offer to the first guy. He couldn't come down to my price so we met halfway and I spent Saturday afternoon and evening doing my least favorite thing about shooting, cleaning someone else's shit. I don't mind mine since I know how I take care of them. Don't think it had been cleaned since before being imported. Ordered a few parts from Numrich and grips. Parts came today and went on today. After a little trial and error I discovered the black finish came off and evidence of a blued finish. Went to town with a brass wheel and the finish underneath wasn't blued, but parkerized. I recleaned it again tonight and will finish the cylinder tomorrow after chores. I need a better camera or maybe technique, nahhh, it's the camera.

Last pic was too big, here it is.

post-36534-0-59307600-1441513293_thumb.jpg

post-36534-0-29584300-1441513335_thumb.jpg

post-36534-0-38339200-1441513373_thumb.jpg

post-36534-0-36868300-1441513508_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

GUYS,
   20RNDS OF PERFECTA, .308 FMJ, MADE IN ITALY, AT WALMART, $13.94.

SEZ IMPORTED BY TULA ON THE BOX.

WE'LL SEE HOW IT RUNS THROUGH THE M77........

W-MARTS TURKISH ZQI SEEMS REAL INCONSISTANT, IE, 3 IN AN INCH OR SO, THEN TWO WAY OUT.

WE'LL SEE IF THE PERFECTA IS WORTH THE EXTRA 4 BUCKS; IT'S BRASS/BOXER, BTW.

JESS1344

Edited by JESS1344
  • Like 1

GUYS,

GOT THAT .308 PERFECTA HOME AND DID A LITTLE FURTHER CHECKING ON ITS QUALITY CONTROL.

THE CONCETRICITY (RUNOUT) OF THE AMMO WAS VERY GOOD; OUT OF 20 ROUNDS, TWO WERE AT .005, ONE WAS AT .004, ONE WAS AT .0035, AND ALL THE REST WERE AT .003 OR LESS.

LOADED OVERALL LENGTH FROM PROJECTILE TIP TO BASE HAD A .010 SPREAD, WITH ALMOST ALL AT .005 OR LESS.

MAY GET A CHANCE AT SHOOTING THIS STUFF EARLY NEXT WEEK.

JESS1344

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

On GSG 1911 Target in .22LR.

Interesting gun; quality is better than I expected for a price paid.

Now I just need to break it in and find out which ammo cycles through 100%. 

And a whole bunch of .22lr ammo, some are "so-so", some doesn't cycle at all (CCM SDT velocity: shouldn't have listened to the "know all-s"). 

And then (BAM!): Gemtech 22LR ...silencer subsonic ammo, 42 gr, 1020 fps. 3 boxes of 50 ea: not a hiccup and tight groups: priceless.

Thanks Gemtech!!!

mshqwo.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Raven