What Were The Last Things That You Bought (Firearm Related)?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MINE!   Automag IV .45 Winchester Magnum.   Hard to find, and companion to my Automag III.

Another wheel gun:  

Brought home the boys new rifle. Just need to cut the stock down a few inches and slick up the action a bit. Should be fun with some sub sonics.   Can you tell he likes it?

Posted Images

Range time and a box of .45acp since I was low on 7.62x25mm and didn't have a chance to order more before I went to the range. Tried to rent the Governor but all they had was 7 1/2 shot as far as .410 went so I just rented a 1911 instead. Probably going to rent the Five seveN next time as to continue a "guns I bought a Tokarev instead of" series.

Primary Arms MD-ADS.  Turned on 2-3-16 16:45 MST

This is a great optic.  I'm not sure if you've owned one before but with all the features, specifically the battery life, it's a hell of bargain.

I've bought four of them so far (one as a gift) and am very happy with them.  I have owned the previous models and love being able to leave this one on full time without paying Aimpoint prices.  

Aimpoint may theoretically have the edge in durability/reliability, but that's almost a moot point with a QD mount to get rid of the optic in a bad situation and Primary Arms awesome warranty and customer service backing it up.

Primary Arms MD-ADS.  Turned on 2-3-16 16:45 MST

This is a great optic.  I'm not sure if you've owned one before but with all the features, specifically the battery life, it's a hell of bargain.

I've bought four of them so far (one as a gift) and am very happy with them.  I have owned the previous models and love being able to leave this one on full time without paying Aimpoint prices.  

Aimpoint may theoretically have the edge in durability/reliability, but that's almost a moot point with a QD mount to get rid of the optic in a bad situation and Primary Arms awesome warranty and customer service backing it up.

This is my first.  If I'm as happy with it as I know I'm going to be I'll be buying more.  I've been impressed with the 3 MD-06 sights I bought a couple of years ago, and this sight fixes the only drawback of the 06.  I have to be obsessive about turning off the MD-06s and it feels really odd to turn on the ADS and leave it on.

• Like 1

Saker 762, Thunder Beast Arms Co Ultra7

I have a TB Ultra 7 in 6.5 on order, got in on a group buy with RBros Rifles. Should have it in hand by summer.

Doug

I was dead set on the saker (which I decided later to also buy) until I just happened to run in to a TBAC rep demoing their suppressors at my gun club. Got to shoot an ultra 7 (and a bunch of others in their lineup including the 338 model on a Barrett MRAD. Very cool.)

The Ultra 7 is noticeably lighter than the saker, with better suppression rating. Hope to have both of them before deer opener in November.

Have you gotten a chance to try yours out while it's in jail?

Twenty, (20) more USGI equivalent 30 round M1 Carbine mags.  Also need to decide to continue to buy questionable factory .30 Carbine ammo, (a few case lengths over length) or bite the expensive bullet and start hand loading again.  The hand loading would not be so much to save money but to be sure the ammo for all of our USGI M1 Carbines is safe to shoot.  A particular situation.  Case length.  But ... hand loading is fun.  Anybody sell decent .30 Carbine ammo?

I've had good luck with PPU/Prvi FMJs & SPs. Had good luck with Aguila until I got a bad box that had some weak loads. Let's not discuss the 'great deal' I got on a case of Tula...beaten.gif

I usually get 30 carbine from SGA or Aim Surplus, but they're out of stock. 

Just got dies & bullets, but I've only got about 1 gallon of brass to load...

• Like 1

2 x 20 rds - 5.56mm Bonded Winchester Ranger 64GR JSP

1000 round case - 223 Rem PMC 55 grain FMJ-BT Brass Case

1000 round case - 9mm CCI Blazer Brass 124 grain FMJ

1000 round case - 7.62x39 FMJ BT Golden Tiger 124 grain Russian'

500 round case - 7.62x51 NATO 175 Grain BTHP SMK OTM Razor Core Match Ammo by IMI

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 5

PSA

Complete AR15 Lower

Blemished

Magpul MOE

I'm going to put a fixed stock on it and a nicer trigger.

Then I'm going to build an 18" heavy barreled Upper for target shooting/hunting.

The big debate will be caliber, 6.5 Grendel vs 6.8 Spc vs .223 Wylde

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

PSA

Complete AR15 Lower

Blemished

Magpul MOE

Then I'm going to build an 18" heavy barreled Upper for target shooting/hunting.

6.8 for hunting. It has a better selection of actual useful hunting bullets. Those other two will work just fine for paper.

PSA

Complete AR15 Lower

Blemished

Magpul MOE

Well, life strikes again and money had to go elsewhere, so I'm not building a nice heavy barreled upper as planned.

So I went ahead on a beer budget and topped it off with a PSA 16" Mid-Lenth 5.56 1:8 Stainless Steel with BCG and Charging Handle.

16" Barrel Length

5.56 NATO Chamber

1 in 8" twist

416 Stainless Steel Barrel

Mid-length Gas System

M16 Full Auto Bolt Carrier

C158 MPI/HPT Bolt

Charging Handle

Edited by ChileRelleno