I am currently having my S12 converted and they are installing a T2 trigger assembly but I'm wondering down the road what more I can do to get it to shoot smoother and faster. I know theres more work that can be done but I am unsure as to what that is.

You aren't doing the conversion work yourself?
  • Like 1

Send it Pauly, it'll get done right! Everybody else is second rate.

And as much thread necrophelia as you've been doing, which means you know how to use the search feature, you really needed to start a new thread to ask this question?!?

And as much thread necrophelia as you've been doing, which means you know how to use the search feature, you really needed to start a new thread to ask this question?!?

You haven't seen TAC47's custom trigger Keith Nells is doing. TAC's custom trigger put the rest of the AK triggers back in the stone age.

I suspect our own EVIL resident is doing something similar as TAC with his trigger.

I'm sure that JT Engineering and other forum sponsors also make kick ass one off custom triggers.

Edited by Jetmech

Everyone says send it to that Pauly guy. But I don't know about sending my parts to someone you can't get your questions answered because he won't respond back to my emails. Plus who wants to wait over 3 months to get your parts back.

Everyone says send it to that Pauly guy. But I don't know about sending my parts to someone you can't get your questions answered because he won't respond back to my emails. Plus who wants to wait over 3 months to get your parts back.

Just send him a PM. He always responds to me in a timely fashion.

You haven't seen TAC47's custom trigger Keith Nells is doing. TAC's custom trigger put the rest of the AK triggers back in the stone age.

I suspect our own EVIL resident is doing something similar as TAC with his trigger.

gotta link?

• Like 1

I have a few tricks up my sleeve that I haven't seen anyone employ. I really wish I could let the cat out of the bag, but I have no protections in place for the design. I only have about 1500 rounds on the prototype. After another 2500 rounds or so, with no failures or weird wear, and I will be ready to move on it if I haven't found some way to make it even better by then, lol. 'Refined' Tapco G2s are great triggers, but not this great wink.png Don't get me wrong, I still have a bunch of G2s and raise absolute hell with them. I think they are one of the best values for the Kalashnikov platform.

ETA: I can't find TAC47's trigger. All I see on their site is a modded G2. Link?

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I am currently having my S12 converted and they are installing a T2 trigger assembly but I'm wondering down the road what more I can do to get it to shoot smoother and faster. I know theres more work that can be done but I am unsure as to what that is.

Bob, you asked a really good question, and I will do my best to give you a cogent answer.

Good trigger work requires the integral interaction of the parts being modified with the actual receiver, frame, and housing in which the parts reside and function.

Imagining a "trigger job" without these elements, or which rely upon a different receiver, frame, housing, than the one in which the parts actually reside, brings to mind an image of a blind guy, who uses his cane to find his car, and then drives away relying upon his remaining four senses to get home.

If you want a real trigger job, you need to find a gunsmith who knows what they are doing, and will do the work within the context of the actual receiver, frame, housing.

• Like 1

Evil you have a link for that i would love to see that. Could use a good laugh

I found it. For you viewing pleasure..... I really dig his use of the word "proper". I wonder if he could give Mike and I a few pointers? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1JLON0xkSY

Send it to the youtube guy that drills out the front sight to add and enlarge ports. He gets "professional results"....

I can't verify it, but I understand, that was the way Izhmash prescribed its warranty work, on gas ports,be performed by whoever was doing warranty/service work. Just like any big company it all comes down to time is money and I am sure they would not want to pay the cost of removing the gas block, etc. to correct a gas/port issue.

Well, upon deeper consideration, that type of thing would probably fall right in line with some of their other doings. I'm still horrified though....

amazing.gif

I have a few tricks up my sleeve that I haven't seen anyone employ. I really wish I could let the cat out of the bag, but I have no protections in place for the design. I only have about 1500 rounds on the prototype. After another 2500 rounds or so, with no failures or weird wear, and I will be ready to move on it if I haven't found some way to make it even better by then, lol. 'Refined' Tapco G2s are great triggers, but not this great wink.png Don't get me wrong, I still have a bunch of G2s and raise absolute hell with them. I think they are one of the best values for the Kalashnikov platform.

ETA: I can't find TAC47's trigger. All I see on their site is a modded G2. Link?

You won't find it.......Keith is only doing one off customs for select individuals.
  • Like 1

The sad thing is, someone is going to come across this video, think this is a great idea, and totally fuck up their gun.

I read some of the comments, which were even scarier. The guy says he and his partner have done around 500 conversions with this "reliability" service and have had no complaints. LOL! The ignorant never complain. The guy even goes on to say how people shouldn't listen to the gun forum snobs. I suppose we are snobs for wanting to do things right. Oh well, I'll take that 'tag' over 'hack'smith' and day ;)

I would like to check out a few of their fine weapons after a bulk pack of Federal Multi-purpose. Can you say "shit biscuit".

• Like 2

You won't find it.......Keith is only doing one off customs for select individuals.

I think TAC47 has some great taste when it comes to design and puts out some very innovative products. I'm sure that trigger is nice.

• Like 1

I guess i haven't seen it, since it's not a readily available option that's open to anyone... It's either the 'bees knees', or time consuming, if it's for "select individuals".

EBW, what kind of protection can you have modifying an existing FCG?

The sad thing is, someone is going to come across this video, think this is a great idea, and totally fuck up their gun.

Uh oh.

I'm guessing you would frown on drilling a 1/4 hole through the puck to cure overgassing too, huh?

I read some of the comments, which were even scarier. The guy says he and his partner have done around 500 conversions with this "reliability" service and have had no complaints. LOL! The ignorant never complain. The guy even goes on to say how people shouldn't listen to the gun forum snobs. I suppose we are snobs for wanting to do things right. Oh well, I'll take that 'tag' over 'hack'smith' and day wink.png

I would like to check out a few of their fine weapons after a bulk pack of Federal Multi-purpose. Can you say "shit biscuit".

"Shit biscuit" is a good description. There are truckloads of these half assed, Bubba Gump, slapped together, "shit biscuit" conversions circulating right now. The auction sites are full of them.

Sorry it bothers you so much man....No seriously.

Edited by BOB A. BOOEY
  • Like 1

Sorry it bothers you so much man....No seriously.

You give newbies all types of bad advice and choose to send your work out, that's what bother me about you....No seriously. Edited by Jetmech
  • Like 1

I guess i haven't seen it, since it's not a readily available option that's open to anyone... It's either the 'bees knees', or time consuming, if it's for "select individuals".

EBW, what kind of protection can you have modifying an existing FCG?

I don't think there could be any protection for something like that. People could just copy the mods at will with no legal consequence. I wouldn't waste time on it.

lol.

Don't come to me for a super short pull trigger.

My triggers are a regular' Tapco's pull. The smoothness of action comes from the hammer being matched to the carrier. They're smooth as all hell, but that wasn't even for the feel so much as reliability, because the mainspring doesn't have to work as hard to fully reset the trigger & hammer if run dry, and for the trigger bar's surface to work in conjunction with the mainspring's tweeks to keep the mainspring's legs properly placed on the trigger bars for optimal leverage.

The smooth feel of the pull is really just a side effect of GlassBolt's reliability mods.

Shannon does an overtravel limiter. I've heard good things about it from a mutual friend.

I've played with a gun with Tony R's SRT Tapco mods, & that was a flippin' mouse-click. Fastest darn trigger I've ever used.

He puts a bit of time into all the adjustments so it's well worth the SRT add-on if you are lucky enough to get on his list.

But no....

Little ol' me... I'm not doing the shortest triggers out there for piece work.

In the future, yes, but now, no.

One could say, I'm just more one for style, comfort & reliability with the ol' Tapco as the base, because the sear is at the best height for operation, & the metal's reasonably tough.

gallery_19652_671_523730.jpg

• Like 1