Wow - thanks for sharing your insights. I am apparently pretty ignorant to the mindset of EDC knives (even though my buddy carries one now that I think of it...!) Certainly makes sense to research further to understand terms and knife considerations. Speaking of which, after a quick search there is surprisingly a self defense place close to me that has a "Defensive Knife" workshop. Hmm, based on your real world input in this post I may start a post on what you look for\prefer in an EDC knife.

Glorious Government here in Marylandistan has ruled that we are so safe no one need carry anything scarier that a pen knife!

G O B

I'm so glad to be out of MD. When I worked in the PG, all I had was my Spyderco Native. I still carry my trusty Native, but It has company... a Glock 40 or 9 depending on my mood. All my Glocks fit in my Glaco King Tuk. It will hold 17,19,22,23,26 or 27. The King Tuk is a great IWB holster.

My daily carry, when I lived in America, was a G19 (filled with 147gr Winchester Ranger T's) in a CB Supertuck, with (1) backup mag. I never really got into blades, but I absolutely have seen the usefulness of having one on you at all times. I need to get working on that. When I watched a friend literally pry open a car door (just enough to get one of those bars in to pop the lock) without breaking the blade off the handle, or bending the blade at all..........I knew I needed a damn EDC knife. It was an old CRKT he was using. I need to pick up a nice $50ish knife soon.

Edited by -Shooter-
  • Like 1

nice swirly pop.

mine changes all the time but today it was.

post-31782-0-76582100-1346360642_thumb.jpg

Taurus PT111 PRO

Wichester folder

ITP A3 EOS Upgraded

RAZR MAXX

tomorrow it will probably be different. but its always Knife, Cell, Light, Gun.

in order of importance to me. can't believe the number of people that don't carry knives.

in fact i always carry two, (i use a gerber money clip, that houses a utility blade.)

i have carried one every day since the 7th grade. teachers used to borrow it in school all the time.

carried them on cross country flights (since 911) even carried one into the white house(prior to 911)

• Like 1

ok finally remembered to when I was home

didn't have a good spot so I threw it on this

Items are as follows

Leatherman Charge T-Ti with snap-pouch and extra bits

Spare mag with Black Hills JHPs

Chapstick

Pen

Microtech Combat Troodon

CZ 75 D PCR model loaded with same as spare

Don Hume Leather IWB holster (made for sig, works great after oiling and letting it sit in the sun)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G with freshly cracked screen

Handmade Wallet from a local shop (no longer in business, boo)

**not pictured carkeys & modded flashlight with 20/40/80 lumens output running on 1 aa ^_^ ya I got all this stuff together and forgot that...

post-43075-0-07553300-1346381650_thumb.jpg

• Like 1