• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Bump! Lahti Saloranta has 20rd double to single so it can be done... Fine with me if there has to be a dummy round or two in it to make it function. I'd be excited about even a double stack 10. Metal single stacks would be nice too but I'd prefer short as bench shooting is how I will be using mine.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Project is delayed. Waiting on acquiring a Haas VMC to complete the project. It has a lot of complex milling that is over our current capacity to cut. 

The VMC is only about $45K (yeah only)... So its taking a little time to build up the funds to buy it. We have several product roll outs coming over the next few months that should increase our budget significantly.. I'm not a fan of buying machines on credit, since this market is prone to random changes that cannot be anticipated.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Im not buying a 54r untill css makes mags for them. Im not very impressed with whats available and I know css would have a quality product. A confirmation that these mags are definitely coming out would be nice, I would start putting money aside.

• 5 months later...

We flip flopped on this. We came back to a single stack as the first product. The non-conventional magazine we had issues design the tooling within our work envelope. 

Which is why I won't take deposits on products. Sometimes you hit a wall and can't get over it for a while.

Single stack tooling IS being cut right now.

• 1 month later...

Still moving. We had a lot of trouble with worker fatigue on the M77 production runs, so we are making the tooling more complex to prevent this issue.

Prying a part out of a tool is not a big deal until it is X 5,000. Even with the best gloves and padded tools you start wearing through your fingers.

So a simple part like a floor plate that would have been two pieces has 8-10 machined parts plus die springs and shoulder bolts. We will likely gain all this time back on the first run.

I've been meaning to do a video update but orders have been keeping me running.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...