Sign in to follow this  
BlackBird97

Issue with magazine catch MD20

I was helping a buddy of mine out with his new S12 and one of the things we were doing is fitting the MD20 drum. It looks like on the newer S12's , they have a different magazine release and it's preventing the MD20 from fitting properly. Has this happened to anybody else? Do you know if there is a solution to this? Thanks much.

The magazine catch is of a new design, but it is dimensionally the same as previous models. Fit the drum as prescribed. Do not fuck with the magazine release or you will have problems with stick mags being loose.

Let me back track a little here. Does the factory, SGM, or any other stick magazine fit the shotgun properly? If they fit with no problem then keep removing the contact points on the drum. If stick mags do not lock in, then you may need to remove a few thousand from the magazine release. Removing materiel from the magazine release should be the LAST resort. But there are replacement magazine releases' available. I probably have a couple hundred of them in a parts bin if you need one.

Jack

• Like 4