Strange change in performance...

Yeah. It's no glassbolt, but I did the trigger face, bottom of the bolt that rides on the trigger, the nubs on the rotating portion of the bolt and the channel in the carrier. It's pretty smooth.

*hammer face.

You should also do the rails on the carrier and inside the receiver. More so on the carrier. Just fold a piece of 220grt sand paper put a few drops of oil on it and sand inside the slot there till it's slick and shinny. It's one of the most neglected mentioned areas on the carrier. Let us know what how things work out.

I had the same issue ran perfect out of the box then issues. I pulled the gas block and opened up the front and rear port can't remember what size bit. Just go a little larger did the polishing work then a CSS reliability kit. Runs perfect.

CSS puck did the trick. Still FTE's Winchester bulk, but no problems with Federal bulk.

Also got my Tac47 autoplug. I like it, done worrying about changing settings between shell types. I did have a little trouble putting it in though. Turns out that my gas block is actually drilled a little off center for the puck/plug, in the sense that it's a little close to the barre.l By the time I got the autplug all the way into the gas block, the plug had rubbed a stripe on the barrel where it took the finish off. It also seems that my gun might be just a little undergassed even though it's a 4 port, because I felt like I had the autoplug adjustment screw cranked in there pretty far. I don't think it's bottomed out, but it's far from flush with the front of the plug, that's for sure.

Now that it's runnin fine, I'll just continue with break in and back out the adjustment a bit at a time, to see if it gets better. If not, I'll pull the gas block and get after the ports a bit. Thinking about taking the block off gets me thinking though... If I'm going to go to that trouble, might as well turn the barrel down and move the block back, so once I'm feeling froggy, I'll send off for my tax stamp.

Now... where's that DIY SBS thread....

Edited by operationlattethunder