That

My 20rd drum mag from promag turned my semiauto into a single shot seems like all i get when useing is

FTE throu the whole mag my assement promag SUCKS.

Likely your gun is borderline and the increased friction that any drum adds will make your gun a UK style straight pull bolt action. See here for help : http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/65772-reliability-mods-vs-break-in-vs-quick-fixes/page__st__60&do=findComment&comment=707667, and also make sure to check the stickies about reliability and 922r if your gun is still like your avatar.

I had two early AGP mag springs break. They were replaced ASAP by AGP. I had another older AGP spring break on me last Saturday and no, it wasn't one of the replaced springs.

Don't fault the parent company when the sub contractor spring company fails to meet specifications.

I've shy'd away from promag since I bought my pistol years ago. Even with a Ruger P95 they had really crappy mags. I just could never hear of anything good about them.

[offtopic] Was it one of their 32-round mags? I have one that caused me a lot of trouble with my otherwise 100% reliable P95DC. Swapped the ProMag follower with a follower from a factory Ruger 10-round mag. Both mags run flawlessly now. [/offtopic]

I had two early AGP mag springs break. They were replaced ASAP by AGP. I had another older AGP spring break on me last Saturday and no, it wasn't one of the replaced springs.

Don't fault the parent company when the sub contractor spring company fails to meet specifications.

Why not? When a manufacturer includes a substandard part made by another company in their product, why shouldn't the aforementioned manufacturer receive some of the blame? They released the faulty product to consumers after all, unknowingly or knowingly. If knowingly, they definitely deserve the blame. If unknowingly, then I hope a good company would appreciate their customers bringing the problem to their attention and would solve the problem. Glad AGP stood behind their products for you.

Edited by thunderstruck

My 20rd drum mag from promag turned my semiauto into a single shot seems like all i get when useing is

my MD ARMS had the same problem, the same shells worked perfectly in AGP and the factory mag, but wouldn't eject fully spent shells out the MD drum. it took several tries of messing with the spring tension to get the spent shells to finally eject.

so if you have no problems with the stick mags, it's not the gun. I would adjust the spring tension on the drum

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • 2 months later...

After 3 years of trial and error, Internet "fixes", and utter determination to get my Promag 10rd box mags to function 100%.....I finally gave in and emailed Promag. After a couple days, I got a response. They are going to send me all new springs! Man I am ecstatic! I am finally going to have 10rd mags that feed correctly! I was at the point of cutting them down to 5rd mags, but could never do it because I kept thinking; hell no...I paid for 10rd mags and that is what I wanted, not more 5rd'ers.

I'll post some pics when they arrive.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea, promag sucks but alteast they're willing to make it up and replace a faulty product. Hopefully they'll start making individual parts readily available (Drum Covers). Ofcourse stronger and ^acceptable^ springs in the 10 rd. mag would be nice.

I haven't had any problems with my 10 rounders besides a few FTFs in the beginning, a 3 minute filing fixed that. My promag 20 rd. drum has been reliable out of box but has the notorious cracked cover clips (3/6), about 1,200 -1,500 shells through it and they haven't gotten any worse.

Sidenote: Anybody have experience with the promag 20 drum failing? Agreed it's the worst of all S12 drums, thus far, I've heard it :)

The stellar reputation in the S-12 world came from a really big run they did with soft polymer. From what I hear it was not expected to be so soft. The spring steel feed lips would collapse the mouth of the mag causing excessive friction against both sides of a shell and that would result in a slow feed.

The ones out now are harder and MANY say they're quite reliable, but a lot of people back a few years ago sent defective mags in, only to get more defective mags, so it kinda became a bit epic, almost to the level of Meme status.

They did real good with their drums though. Sure, there have been a few reports of cracked covers or little things like the lever having issues, but generally their owners are very pleased.

I still say MD-20 all the way, but the promag drums do perform well for most.

Your issues likely come from the added spring pressure in the drum. First off, the drums don't like to give much at all, so when the factory hexagonal bolt rotates, then extracts over them, it robs a great deal of power from the system.

Most try profiling the bolt, because the drums really do like to have their spring pressure so they can spin all that weight around quick enough to lift the next round in time to get properly caught by the feed foot.

Not a whole lot's needed. Check out this thread for a simple mod that'll make a sizable difference.

I thought you had one for the bathroom door.

LMAO!! Yep you guessed it... well close anyway. I have one holding the bedroom door open, and one in my office...lol

It's probably better suited for the bathroom, I bet it's big enough around to make a toilet lid...

Nah my Wraithmaker's a 20 rd, not that huge 30 rd pizza pan looking thing....lol. You're prolly right though about the best room being the bathroom. Then it can serve it real intended purpose better.... TAMPON DISPENSER. laugh.pnghaha.gif

post-1293-0-23004800-1354304794_thumb.jpg

huh.pngblink.pngohmy.png

post-1293-0-89815800-1354304964_thumb.jpg

amazing.gif

021.gif

• Like 3

Dang that spring just fell a part

Yep.... and it seems to be a common problem is the only reason I posted this thread. Check your springs if you have a Promag (or AGP) stick mag for S-12.

Here is another one I came across not long after the first one...

post-1293-0-29441600-1354470159_thumb.jpg]

post-1293-0-59544900-1354470174_thumb.jpg

And the first one again..... notice the different design as well....

post-1293-0-94631700-1354470188_thumb.jpg

Cobra

Is this a problem with AGP mags? I have about twenty AGPs and never had this happen.

I don't think it is a problem in new production AGPs Topmaul. There were some going around a few years ago that were rusting just sitting on the shelf at various wholesaler's stores.