Legion problem

Has anyone ever had a problem with Legion Saiga 12s?I bought one last week and went to the range today and was a total failure.The trigger pin walked out after 15 rounds.I put it back in and it walked out jamming the gun after 1 round.Missing the shepards hook completely on the inside.Not a real confidence builder in this name brand if they forget to install an important part like that.Wondering if when I take it back to the store if I should get a replacement twin sister or bail and get something else like a non-converted Saiga 12 and some other stuff.Easy fix myself but for a $1000 plus rifle(9% tax here) I am gonna let them fix it or replace it.Also was missing the cleaning rod,Gonna bring that up to them too.For that kinda money it should work right out of the box without missing parts.For the 15 rounds it worked great,felt great,and had a good wide pattern(Cloud of pain about 6 foot in diameter) with Cheap low brass Walmart value pack junk out to 50 yards.

EA9FEFB5-E144-4DD4-A47D-A915E5F16860-20010-0000134ADAB8BBF2.jpg

8F284B33-A978-4A9E-BBF3-47DAA791F4A0-20010-0000134ACB1063DA.jpg

9D14DD49-14C7-428F-900B-B0B9D0C4CDAB-20010-0000134ABE22E1EE.jpg

You already know what the problem is, and it's an inexpensive part. The store should just buy that part and install it. If you really think you should get a whole new shotgun for your trouble... Well, I disagree. Strongly. Looks like a Legion import, but not a legion conversion. Looks like something they did in-house.

• Like 4

If they will fix it then I will be more than happy with the same shotty since I know it will eat the cheap low brass stuff in the 100 round packs.It looks identical to the IZSL-109A Saiga 12 on legions website.Just sucks that their QC sucks so bad they didn't catch something like this before sending it out.

Did you even bother contacting Legion? If you started this thread without doing so then let me be the first to tell you how much that SUCKS, and will make other vendors here (me at least) have second thoughts about doing any business with you. Without even speaking to them or giving them a chance to make things right, you came here whining about a 2 dollar part you could have simply bought and installed yourself, and not even bothered stinking up the forum with this thread. Shame on you. It may not even be their mistake.

• Like 4

WADR, it doesnt sound so much like hes looking for an answer as it does trying to "" rub some dirt in Legions face for something that isnt their fault. Any forum member IMO if they actually do use the forum for education and enlightenment should know exactly how to fix this problem without starting a new thread. And to be honest, it sounds like the other members were trying to save the op some time and $. what costs more, shipping a firearm or a $2 part????? I myself, bought a non converted model and its shepherds crook is still there. I can somewhat relate to the op's point of paying for something and wanting it right but this does not have to do with legion but whoever converted it. IMO.

To the ops original post..did you by it locally or online? If locally here in AL, most of the gun shop owners are standup guys and stand behind their products. Take it back and let them make it right. If online, I understand your frustration, it would tick me off as well. But I would just order the shepards crook off of one of the forum vendors, spend 10 bucks, and enjoy your new S12.

Your gun is definitely an aftermarket conversion done by someone at a small shop. None of the major builders here would sell a gun with a bolt on trigger guard.

Your problem is a quick, inexpensive fix with a Shepard's crook.

Just take it back and let them fix it right.

• Like 2

Your gun is definitely an aftermarket conversion done by someone at a small shop. None of the major builders here would sell a gun with a bolt on trigger guard.

I bought mine converted and the Ram trigger guard is bolted on. Is having one thats welded, other than how it looks, a benefit? I bet its more expensive to have the done right?

I bought mine converted and the Ram trigger guard is bolted on. Is having one thats welded, other than how it looks, a benefit? I bet its more expensive to have the done right?

Usually they are riveted on - and yes, there are a few benefits. You mentioned it looks better - beyond aesthetics, there's also slightly less weight, and less material to snag on with rivets instead of screws or bolts. Then there's permanence of construction. If it's riveted, it isn't coming apart of its own accord.

• Like 1

Usually they are riveted on - and yes, there are a few benefits. You mentioned it looks better - beyond aesthetics, there's also slightly less weight, and less material to snag on with rivets instead of screws or bolts. Then there's permanence of construction. If it's riveted, it isn't coming apart of its own accord.

My bad mine is riveted on. So theres welded, bolted and riveted.

I had the same problem with my legion conversion. I bought the IZ-412. It was also missing the shepards hook. Ordered the plate. If I had to do it over I would have gotten the unconverted version and sent it off to have it done the way I wanted from the start. Still love the gun!