CSSpecs mags jamming in my new VEPR 308, common issue?

I have a new VEPR 308 that came with a 20 round mag that because of design and look could only be a CSSpecs mag. It is very easy to insert it slightly incorrectly which jams the magazine into the rifle. It jams quite badly and is difficult to get out.

Does anyone else have experience with this?

I have a new VEPR 308 that came with a 20 round mag that because of design and look could only be a CSSpecs mag. It is very easy to insert it slightly incorrectly which jams the magazine into the rifle. It jams quite badly and is difficult to get out.

can you tilt the follower? if so, its not a csspec. post a pic if you can.

can you tilt the follower? if so, its not a csspec. post a pic if you can.

No, I can't tilt the follower. It has 3 ribs on each side and came with the rifle from AIM Surplus. The magazine functions quite properly with the exception of how easily it is inserted incorrectly, missing the front "lip".

I've seen your post on Ar-15 and replied there. Its my mag so no worries there.

So the problem your having is getting the "rock and lock" (my luck that phrase is copyrighted) concept transferred over to the longer bodied Vepr mag. Trick is basically to hook the front on prior to starting the rocking motion. Don't try to break any reload speed records the first couple times, let the muscle memory form and go faster as you get smoother.

We test lock each and every magazine. I've done 300 lock tests inside of 15mins while drinking coffee and conversing with my brother, but when I pick up a 7.62x39 or .223 I always do exactly what your saying. Its just muscle memory taking over for a sec.

I've seen your post on Ar-15 and replied there. Its my mag so no worries there.

So the problem your having is getting the "rock and lock" (my luck that phrase is copyrighted) concept transferred over to the longer bodied Vepr mag. Trick is basically to hook the front on prior to starting the rocking motion. Don't try to break any reload speed records the first couple times, let the muscle memory form and go faster as you get smoother.

We test lock each and every magazine. I've done 300 lock tests inside of 15mins while drinking coffee and conversing with my brother, but when I pick up a 7.62x39 or .223 I always do exactly what your saying. Its just muscle memory taking over for a sec.

Thanks for the tips, I'll work on it. You're right, I have AK muscle memory.