Feeding Problems

I took off a small amount of material and now this is what happens on at least 1 out of 10 shells. It really jams in the chamber, I sometimes have to take a mallet to the charging handle to extract shell. I have tried 3 different mags and it does the same with all. It does not matter whether I am loading or shooting, same malfunction. I have used a micrometer to measure the shells and the small variance in size does not seem to matter. I don't know what else I can try, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Anyone know a good S12 gunsmith in OK?

Thanks

I think I know this problem, I had it too, and tried to "fix" the wrong area. (good thing I didn't go nuts with the "fixing")

I think this is an extractor spring that's too strong, if it is, you need to check the extractor cutout in the bolt head for debris, if that's not it, you can file the spring a little shorter, OR you can shoot it or somehow flex it more, mine weakened itself with time and doesn't jam like that anymore.

I could be wrong, so you should wait for someone to confirm that before you do anything.

I removed the bolt and took it to a friend who also has a S12 and we compared bolts. The shells were much more difficult to remove from mine than his. He did a little dremmel work on the shell holder on the opposite side of the extractor. THIS SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!! Ran 30 round through it last night and she ran like a bandit. I really appreciate everyones suggestions.

Any chance of seeing some pictures that shows where your friend smoothed things out?

• 1 month later...

I took off a small amount of material and now this is what happens on at least 1 out of 10 shells. It really jams in the chamber, I sometimes have to take a mallet to the charging handle to extract shell. I have tried 3 different mags and it does the same with all. It does not matter whether I am loading or shooting, same malfunction. I have used a micrometer to measure the shells and the small variance in size does not seem to matter. I don't know what else I can try, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Anyone know a good S12 gunsmith in OK?

Thanks

I think I know this problem, I had it too, and tried to "fix" the wrong area. (good thing I didn't go nuts with the "fixing")

I think this is an extractor spring that's too strong, if it is, you need to check the extractor cutout in the bolt head for debris, if that's not it, you can file the spring a little shorter, OR you can shoot it or somehow flex it more, mine weakened itself with time and doesn't jam like that anymore.

I could be wrong, so you should wait for someone to confirm that before you do anything.

I removed the bolt and took it to a friend who also has a S12 and we compared bolts. The shells were much more difficult to remove from mine than his. He did a little dremmel work on the shell holder on the opposite side of the extractor. THIS SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!! Ran 30 round through it last night and she ran like a bandit. I really appreciate everyones suggestions.

Very glad to see that this saiga - 12 community is very suportive and willing to help other users to solve problems.

I undestand that a lot of people face FTF problems similar to yours.

Can you please provide any photos of the work done to the shell holder of the bolt?

Thanks

Anthony