mag coupler that works with mka mags?

Duct tap works every time

I don't want my gun to look like an airsoft kids wetdream...

or well like a piece of shit

what's a duct tap anyway?

The ones that use webbing/straps will work. I had a friend of mine cnc me 2 sets out of aluminum...they work really well.

I'll have to try those, but I may just make something myself.

Edited by Syndicate

I was going to say the whole tape em' together thing, but someone beat me to it lolz.

Anyways i think Ive seen them for ak's a lot thought about getting one for my saiga 7.62x39.

Seems like there's more in just kinda blowin money to make it nicer to this aspect.

I definitely will buy some for those ak mags and try them out for the first time but i want to find some good ones first.

All the ones i always seem to come across like screw together or something...im not diggin that to much.

Somewhere i seen some that clamp together thats just like a sheet of steel with no tools required thats what i'd like to get.

You know if shtf, tape does work though right? Nazi zombies wont complain of the looks of it.laugh.png

Here is a pic of my solution...they work great. I just hang 'em on my belt and off I go.

Those are really nice, I can make something similar, not milled and what not.

Have you painted or coated yours?

I was thinking that it would look good in black.

Edited by Syndicate

Tried running Dual 13 rounders tonite , had about 4 stove pipes , in about 100 rnds.

Wonderin if the added wt of extra mag and 13 shells was partly the cause , also had about 20% stiffer mag springs.

Mags, ran perfect as singles.smile.png

Edited by toothandnail

Tried running Dual 13 rounders tonite , had about 4 stove pipes , in about 100 rnds.

Wonderin if the added wt of extra mag and 13 shells was partly the cause , also had about 20% stiffer mag springs.

Mags, ran perfect as singles.smile.png

let me know when you want $

:)

that mag coupler looks alot like the ones ive seen for the ak's where they have a bolt that tightens them together. thats really cool , i like that. hmm maybe i will build something like that sometime. if i do buy a mag coupler it will be the other ones that snap together or some other means than the bolting down thing.I just think the less tools you have to use like a wrench the better.

• Like 1

The reason I ended up with this design, is when you are in competition and drop the mags, if they are not held together very very tightly, they will slide...then when you go to use them on the next stage, they won't slide into the mag opening properly, because the coupler is in the way...trust me I know. If you are not shooting in competitions, then another method would work just fine, straps, plastic couplers, etc.

that mag coupler looks alot like the ones ive seen for the ak's where they have a bolt that tightens them together. thats really cool , i like that. hmm maybe i will build something like that sometime. if i do buy a mag coupler it will be the other ones that snap together or some other means than the bolting down thing.I just think the less tools you have to use like a wrench the better.

• Like 1

The reason I ended up with this design, is when you are in competition and drop the mags, if they are not held together very very tightly, they will slide...then when you go to use them on the next stage, they won't slide into the mag opening properly, because the coupler is in the way...trust me I know. If you are not shooting in competitions, then another method would work just fine, straps, plastic couplers, etc.

WoW thanks for the response! I would have never thought about that since i have no experience with any of these.Definitely got new respect and like the bolt on ones much better now.I Always liked the other ones for looks but that definitely makes sense to me. Changes my outlook on them entirely.

Edited by skullface405420
  • 1 month later...

If you couple mags, you might want to consider a shell stop. The recoil of a shotgun can make the shells in the 2nd mag move and possibly even pop out of the mag. Firebird has developed a really high quality machined version that attaches to the top rail.

I have seen a really effective DIY design used by Karl Erickson on his .308. He took a piece of shotgun hull and pushed it down the front of the mag to keep the rounds in place. He tied the piece of hull to the rail with a cord so that when he changes mags the shell stop pulls out of the mag. Simple, cheap, effective. Should work on an MKA mag as well.

• Like 1