Anyone using a Vortex Strikefire R.D. ?

I have a Vortex StrikeFire, had it for quite awhile now and like it very much.

I had one problem with it after about a thousand rounds, it started cutting in/out and the problem was related to a early production bug with the battery cap.

Vortex CS was absolutely awesome, within minutes I had a printable shipping label and I had it back within a week.

Never had another problem since, and have several more thousands of rounds through it.

It doesn't get babied, it gets bumped, bounced, jostled and jammed... No safe queen shit in my toolbox.

Use the extra high, 30mm rings for a great co-witness on a flattop AR.

I have multiple Vortex optics, RDS & scopes... Yeah, they're that good.

Best bang for your $$$, comparable with optics 2-3Xs their price.

100_7526.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • 4 weeks later...

I currently have three of them - two on converted Saigas and one on an AR. Great kit! Tough as nails! Vortex service is second-to-none. Only downside is the battery: they have good life, but they're a bit pricey!

On the AR, the optic is mounted on a 'lower 1/3 cowitness' mount. On the Saigas, they are mounted to TWS 'Dog Leg' railed top covers and Burris Xtreme high rings. I use all three of the carbines for 3-gun competition, hunting and general utility use. These carbines aren't safe queens; they get used a lot. I take care of my gear but I don't baby it! All three StrikeFires seem to take everything is stride!

As alwayd, YMMV!

Stay Safe.

Old SF

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Strikefire on my M4gery and one on my FAL. Both are going strong.

I'm going to put a SPARC on my M92PV once my quadrail comes in, and thinking hard about using a Viper 1x4 on my hopefully-soon-Tavor. The Viper is double the price of the of the Strikefire but seems to be as good as optics costing far more.

Yep, I like's me some Vortex.