MidWest Industries AK side mount on my .308

I was considering getting one of those picatinny mounts that hooked into the rear sight mount and hinged at the rear to mount my optics. I was hoping that Ulti-Mak would eventually come out with a .308 mount but I gave up on that idea. I saw the MI side rail mount for AK's and it looked nice and low and centered. It was a little pricy but I love the way it sits on my rifle. The nice thing about it is the lever locking mount and the length of the rail which makes it easy to mount my Eotech and my NV device with decent eye relief left.

post-24333-0-64664800-1346194580_thumb.jpg

post-24333-0-71089100-1346194609_thumb.jpg

post-24333-0-92486800-1346194629_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Looks good! How do you like that I.O. stock? I put one on my 20 gauge, but it feels a little odd for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on. Still, except for the buttplate, it's a tough bugger.

Well that's gotta be the 3rd stock I've put on the .308 and it should be the last... It arrived and the first thing I noticed was the rubber butt pad kept falling off which bugged me to no end. I then read somewhere on this forum that one guy filled up the hollow stock with expanding foam like is used to plug up leaks and holes around the house. I filled it and it really solidified things to where I was able to attach the butt pad with some oval head screws and its rock solid. I like the length of pull and the cheek weld is much better.

• 5 weeks later...

I called IO which I think now is known as Royal Tiger Imports. I saw in the past they sold the complete stock sets with handguards, which I didn't need. They sold me just the stock for $19.95 plus freight. It was hollow and like I said the pad wouldn't stay on. That expanding foam worked well to solidify the stock without any added weight to speak of.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...