EDC Knife - What do you look for, carry, and why?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are into that sort of thing. . . or interested in trying it, here's a website that offers "kits" for assembly for folders and fixed blades: http://www.knifekits.../vcom/index.php   About two

Yeah, but my neighbors complain when I use my pistol to open a letter. It does work well for putting the bills into the 3ring binder.     Different knives for specific work. That was my list for t

My carry knife is a $15 Walmart Gerber. I'm not much of a knife guy.   My favorite knife, is this skinner that my Dad made for me back in 1997. He's far from a "pro" knife maker, but he cobbled up

Posted Images

After a bit of research I realize that I am mistakenly lumping "every day carry" and "concealed carry" knives together. It seems for the most part anything over 4.5" in total length, not designed to carry in a pocket, and opens with any sort of "non-human" assist is illegal to conceal carry in NC (exceptions for hunting and job related knives not withstanding). So do you all open carry your EDC knives openly on your belt or carry something less substantial in your pocket or is NC more restrictive in this fashion than other states? Thanks!

My carry knife is a $15 Walmart Gerber. I'm not much of a knife guy.

My favorite knife, is this skinner that my Dad made for me back in 1997. He's far from a "pro" knife maker, but he cobbled up one hell of a nice skinning knife from an old horse shoe file. Its got some character. He made the leather shealth as well.

post-1323-0-24386500-1346881874_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

After a bit of research I realize that I am mistakenly lumping "every day carry" and "concealed carry" knives together. It seems for the most part anything over 4.5" in total length, not designed to carry in a pocket, and opens with any sort of "non-human" assist is illegal to conceal carry in NC (exceptions for hunting and job related knives not withstanding). So do you all open carry your EDC knives openly on your belt or carry something less substantial in your pocket or is NC more restrictive in this fashion than other states? Thanks!

sounds as if it has a pocket clip on it, and no automatic or assited action and doesnt exceed your legal blade length, you should be good to go.

Edited by Captain Hero
  • 5 years later...

I run a Leatherman Supertool 200.  I need to start looking for a replacement as she's 18 and needing an overhaul.  If I don't have hair on my forearm, you know how sharp she is.

Found a nice Wave at a pawn shop for $30 that needed a little TLC.  Looked like somebody's kid tried cutting bubble gum with it, and he didn't know how to sharpen it.  Gave it an oil bath and some time on the Arkansas stones, and she looked like new.  Gave it to my nephew for his bug out bag.

I put a ST-300 into my vehicle emergency kit.  It doesn't have the fine screwdriver that I need for audio connectors that the 200 does.