Saiga Mag Chest Rig

Looks all right, but can we get a link? Or a brand name? That would help us out.

Weird, though. I've been thinking of how I was going to lug all this sweet ammo around all morning =D

I will but this guy is not a business member here so it may get deleted. Its sold by beezcombatsystems.com. About $70

Right. Didn't know that was an issue here. Still getting a feel for this place.

Appreciate the link, though. And sorry to the mods if it's a violation, that's my fault for asking.

Edited by Jon_L

Gotcha.

Well, I did some actual research and the consensus is: its the only one on the market (they claim, and as far as I can tell it is), and it looks good to me. The only thing I can think of doing otherwise is somehow attaching some mag holders to a vest or something. It would be jury-rigged but it might work.

I found a certain M4 mag pouch fits the 5rd one great and possibly could do an 8 or 10rd one, but I dont have anything bigger then a 5rd one. Oh and a certain cantin pouch will fit 3 nicely and also allow for 5rds of loose in each of the side pockets.

I made my own chest rig. I attached three barcode scanner pouches together, and rigged my harness. Holds six S12 stick mags, and 6 Pistol Mags. Will probably attach a pouch to hold my 20 round Drum on the right side. I can either attach the bottom to my Pant Belt using side release delrin buckles, or use another belt through the back of the rig to go around my waist.

post-22569-0-95956200-1346338261.jpg

post-22569-0-18827400-1346338542_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

all i can say is why?

unless your in the military or law enforcement and use a saiga i cant see spending that kind of money and buying the mags to fill it just to run around your backyard playing solidier.

Jesus dude rough childhood? The only use I can see is for outdoor shooting where table spaces is limited or unwanted and you can loaded mags in a convenient carrier. I dont shoot outdoors enough where it justifies the expense

all i can say is why?

unless your in the military or law enforcement and use a saiga i cant see spending that kind of money and buying the mags to fill it just to run around your backyard playing solidier.

For some, it is their backyard soldier/ survivalist fantasy or whatever. Others want to do competition and need a way to carry their gear within easy reach for speed. Many many others get overexcited by our cool platform and buy anything remotely connected to it.

I've considered one for the second and a bit of the third reason.

I made my own chest rig. I attached three barcode scanner pouches together, and rigged my harness. Holds six S12 stick mags, and 6 Pistol Mags. Will probably attach a pouch to hold my 20 round Drum on the right side. I can either attach the bottom to my Pant Belt using side release delrin buckles, or use another belt through the back of the rig to go around my waist.

Great job dude. Thats looks awesome.

all i can say is why?

For some, it is their backyard soldier/ survivalist fantasy or whatever. Others want to do competition and need a way to carry their gear within easy reach for speed. Many many others get overexcited by our cool platform and buy anything remotely connected to it.

I've considered one for the second and a bit of the third reason.

Call me paranoid, but just in case shit goes down I have everything organized and ready to go. I am glad I did not have to buy this rig, I used stuff around my house to put this together. This way I can spend my money on two more rigs.

• 2 weeks later...

My question wasnt for the OP it was for Sumsky. Ive never seen anything like that before.

Yes its rigged like that all the time hanging behind my bedroom door, that rig is for my S12. It will hold mega AR and AK mags but the thing would be extremely heavy.

• 1 month later...

Can't help to think one of those would come in handy if you, being a civilian, became involved in a natural disaster with civil unrest as a result.

Hurricane Katrina comes to mind.....not to mention all of this talk from the Obummer admin about the coming civil unrest.

It almost seems that they are looking forward to it.

In this case, we should all be prepared.

all i can say is why?

I hate these kind of posts. If he has a use for it he'll use it and if not he'll leave it at home. Personally I use a backpack when I am trekking around on foot with the Saiga but if he wants to use a vest instead good for him - I use a pouch vest all the time when I'm skeet/trap shooting to hold my extra shells and the concept is pretty much the same. Convenience.

To update my post about which mag pouches I use they are SDS 4050 military M4 pouches that I got online

SDS%20CQB%20Double%20all.jpg

NSN:

USMC Coyote Brown - 8465-01-532-2304

Multicam 8465-01-580-0701

Universal Camo (ACU) 8465-01-524-0606

Woodland Camo 8465-01-513-4058

And I am using the Canteen pouches for multiple and they work great.

SDS 4015

SDS%20Canteen%20Utility%20all.jpg

NSN:

USMC Coyote Brown 8465-01-532-2303

Multicam 8465-01-580-0693

Universal Camo (ACU) 8465-01-525-0585

Woodland Camo 8465-01-484-0450

Approx. Dimensions Main Pouch 7"H x 6"W x 3.5"D

Approx. Dimensions Side Pouches 4.25"H x 2.75"W x 2"D

Edited by montec