Extractor Tuning

Not too long ago a customer told me he read on another forum where someone was saying that the tuning of the extractor that I do in GlassBolt only involved a lighter spring.

This is not accurate.

On occasion, the factory messes up milling the extractor's cavity in the bolt's head.

When this happens, generally it's their endmill being at the wrong angle, so the extractor slot's not wide enough at the rear to allow the extractor to tilt back like it's supposed to, or the cavity is too shallow & the extractor's bottom bottoms out early, not allowing the extractor to move properly and (go figure), when the extractor cannot operate correctly, the weapon in question will tend to have ejection issues.

Each unit is inspected for proper operation and to remedy those with issues, I put the bolt head on my mill & correct it.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

The piece on the right is too narrow in the rear for the extractor to tilt properly.

blueinner004.jpg

Just figured I'd share to correct any misconceptions.

Thank you for your time.

Paul.

ETA;

Note to people that think some guns just need to be overgassed to get them to run correctly....

Check that before drilling umpteen ports.

• Like 1

Paul thanks for opening the eyes of S12 owners. Everything on this platform works as a team, as you said you cant just go " drilling umpteen ports " it takes more than gas to run this platform the right way.

hell mine extracts fine. iv just been wondering why this gun doesnt come from the factory running like a raped ape

Because you will not get perfection on a cheap shotgun made in a Russian factory.

Most of their factory equipment is likely still old manual setup machinery, not modern CNC stuff.