Clamp on ak folding spikes

I finally got tired of looking for the clamp on spikers for my Mak 90s and I ended up designing some to work with modified sks bayonets and have a small order produced. I am almost finished with them and will post some when ready. I have attached a pic of one that still needs to be finished and have the correct screws installed but you can see what it looks like.

post-659-0-96343300-1346368951_thumb.jpg

post-659-0-19759400-1346368996_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

When I get them completed I will know what I have in them to come up with a price. I paid $200 for an original Chinese clamp on, so I am wanting to try and sell mine for a lot cheaper price. The clamp will be black oxide finish and it will be complete with modified bayonet ready to bolt on. I should have them ready in the next 2 weeks.

A bayonet for $200? Holy Fucking Clownshoes Batman! Why bother? Just shoot the fuckers! The modern day bayonet is called a sidearm which is used if the primary weapon is disabled for some reason. What will this clamp on rig do to the POI? AKs need all the help they can get for accuracy at distance so attaching random things to the barrel might not be a good thing.

I always have liked the look of the spike bayonets and didn't want to spend well over a grand putting them on my 5 maks, so I bought an original one and got the dimensions, drew it up in CAD and made a few changes, then had them produced. I just wanted to male some for mine and maybe sell a few more to other guys looking for a cheaper alternative to the Chinese $400 spiker fsb or $200 clamp on. I don't see how adding the bayonet will change the accuracy of mine, I only shoot open sights at a 100 yards or less, and only try hitting bottles or balloons.

• Like 1

Clamping stuff on a barrel alters the harmonics and is known to affect accuracy. Even shooting with a regular bayonet will as well. Have you noticed a difference or had to adjust the sights?

I can't tell a difference, but like I said I just shoot bottles and balloons with my aks, I have never expected them to be a Target gun. I wouldn't clamp one on a PSL or bolt action but I like the look of the spike.on Chinese aks, and just came up with a cheap alternative to have that.

• Like 1

Pretty cool idea man, way to think outside the box. ;)

I wouldn't mind something like that on one of my AKs, but I would seriously prefer it not be a bulky clamp on style. I would much rather just press off the FSB and then slide the bayo lug part onto the bbl and blind pin it, just like any other barrel block. It would look much better, weigh less, be less likely to get hung up on things, and probably have less of an effect on the harmonics.

JMHO... 2c.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...