Vepr 12 Gauge Shotguns

post-44157-0-42917700-1346414114_thumb.jpg

Available soon from your favorite retailer, distributor or online vendor. We expect them sometime in early October and to answer some questions that have been coming in.

1. Mach 1 Arsenal and WPA have not done any conversion work at all on the Shotguns. They are being imported with a wooden laminate stock the picture shows with an aftermarket polymer stock.

2. The pistol grip, lower and upper handguards are original Molot

3. They do have the new self regulating gas system

4. The thread pattern on the barrel is the same as a Saiga

5. The dust cover is hinged and has a picatinny rail on top

• Like 2

Some other features of the Vepr shotgun

• Hinged dust cover with a picatinny rail
  • Original Molot Polymer Pistol Grip
  • Original Molot Polymer Lower Handguard
  • Original Molot Polymer Upper Handguard
  • Molot Self-Regulating Gas System
  • Molot Laminate Buttstock
  • Original Molot Competition Magazine Well
  • One Original Molot Factory 5 round Magazine
  • Molot Factory AK adjustable rear sight
  • Molot Original AK enhanced safety lever, single finger operation
  • Factory chrome lined barrel, chamber, receiver shaft and gas chamber
  • Factory last round bolt hold open
  • Factory threaded barrel (thread pattern is the same as Saiga)Factory machined bolt assembly, gas blocks etc. (not cast like other AK shotguns)
  • Last round bolt hold open
  • Extended mag release
  • Seperate bolt hold open device
  • Integrated front sights

We have tested the shotgun with numerous brands and style of ammo (from low to high pressure even known problem ammo for Saiga's) and the shotgun performed with No Issues!!! we even mixed ammo in a single mag and it functioned flawless.

Because of some other bill it was supposed to be suspended for a year or something. However they revised the study and updated after that. It all still depends on what the state dept. approves or denies on the F6.

Well, if they come in in pieces, incomplete, or just remain untouched, I will want at least 1. Most people here probably can't wait to shoot one.... I can't wait to completely disassemble one and improve it somehow (I have some extra AK100 folders too). Looks like a great candidate for SBS. I'm digging the front sight. Are these going to be purchased through Atlantic Firearms?

Got this on a VEPR 12 search......It says VEPR 12 will accept Saiga 12 mag, but not the other way around

Vepr 12 Vepr 12 mod.01 Vepr 12 mod.02 Type Semi-automatic shotgun,gas-operated Gauge / Caliber 12 Ga, 76 mm(3") chamber Length 1057 / 725 mm 1147 / 815 mm 1307 / 975 mm Barrellength 430 mm 520 mm 680 mm Weight 3,9 kg 4,0 kg 4,2 kg Magazine capacity 8 rounds

The Vepr 12 shotgun has been developed as a direct competitor to "tactical" versions of the Saiga 12 shotgun. The key niches for Vepr 12 are sport shooting under IPSC rules, as well as use for civilian home defense and for security purposes. Vepr 12 is produced by "Molot" factory, which also makes RPK-74 machine guns and Vepr brand semi-automatic hunting rifles. All "Vepr" brand rifles and shotguns are broadly based on the RPK-74 light machinegun designs, adapted for civilian purpose and appropriate ammunition.

TheVepr 12 shotgun is gas-operated, semi-automatic shotgun which uses long-stroke gas piston located above the barrel, and a rotary locking bolt. Gas system is self-regulating and does not need manual adjustments. Gun is fitted with modified AK-style safety that has additional lever that permits faster "safety on" operation (mostly useful for IPSC shooters). Safety lever is also duplicated on the left side of the receiver. Other useful addition that is not found in AKor Saiga 12 is bolt hold-open devicewhich holds the bolt open when magazine is exhausted. Magazine housing is provided with extended magazine tunnel, which permits for faster magazine insertion (without typical AK-style rocking movement,necessary to lock the standard AK-type magazine). Furniture includes a detachable or fixed flash hider on the barrel, a side-folding skeletonized butt with polymer coating, and plastic pistol grip and forend. Bottom handguard and bottom of gas block are fitted with Picatinny-type accessory rails, additional rail is provided on the receiver top cover, which is hinged to the receiver at the front.Standard sights are of AK pattern as well, with front sight installed on the gas block and adjustable rear sight on the receiver. It is worth to note that Vepr 12 shotguns can use both proprietary 8-round magazines and Saiga 12 magazines, but Vepr magazines will not work in Saiga 12 .

Vepr shotguns are produced in three basic versions, standard (with 430 mm /16,9" barrel with removable flash hider), Vepr 12 mod.01 (with 520 mm /20,5" barrel with fixed flash hider) and Vepr 12 mod.02 (with 680mm / 26,8" barrel with interchangeable chokes).

Edited by Saiga Power

We will have Sgm 10 and 12 round mags available. The sample shotgun we have will not accept Saiga mags, the mag well on Vepr shotgun is different.

To be clear, you're saying the Vepr magwell won't accept Izzy/Saiga magwell mags? Obviously the rock-and-locks won't work but I thought the the magwell mags were interchangeable between both brands. If the Izzy/Saiga magwell mags don't fit the Vepr magwell, what exactly is the issue. Can they be modified to work?

Any idea in the price or your 10 and 12 round magwell mags? Will your soon to be release magwell mags fit both makes/models of magwells? Finally, will your mags have a follower that activates the LRBHO lever?

And now for the butter up, thanks for making awesome mags. You guys rock!

• Like 1

Ok we thought the Izzy 030 model mags would work but they don't. Keep in mind we didn't make or convert anything on these shotguns. They are being imported just like the picture except the Molot buttstock is a wood laminate. It looks like since the Molot has a lrbho and a bolt hold open device things are just a little different. I am not certain if a quick modification to the mags will work so we are making a new mag so all the features on the shotgun will operate properly. So we will have the legion model mags (which are in stock) and the new Vepr 12 mags.

As for pricing they will be the same as all of our other magwell mags, no reason to be greedy :)

Thanks for the kind words, we are working very hard to launch these shotguns with mags ready to go at the same time.

• Like 4

Ok we thought the Izzy 030 model mags would work but they don't. Keep in mind we didn't make or convert anything on these shotguns. They are being imported just like the picture except the Molot buttstock is a wood laminate. It looks like since the Molot has a lrbho and a bolt hold open device things are just a little different. I am not certain if a quick modification to the mags will work so we are making a new mag so all the features on the shotgun will operate properly. So we will have the legion model mags (which are in stock) and the new Vepr 12 mags.

As for pricing they will be the same as all of our other magwell mags, no reason to be greedy smile.png

Thanks for the kind words, we are working very hard to launch these shotguns with mags ready to go at the same time.

I really have to thank you for such a detailed response. It is refreshing to actually get a good response of substance that answers questions and describes the solution to an issue at the same time. I think many business members forget that they are marketing themselves with every response. Why not make the best of it and make potential customers aware of your efforts and what is available? Right? You are First Class.

OK. How about some clear mags? I have quite a few clear SGM 12 rounders and I must admit that I am spoiled by them. I love the instant ability to see if I need to dump the mag for a full one.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

With all the projects going on right now (Vepr 54r mags, Vepr shotgun mags and the shotguns) we just don't have time to do the clear mags. If we do it will have to be next year and a vendor will have to place a large order for us to make them. Unlike the black polymer the clear mags use a polycarbonate which is very expensive and the molds have to be cleaned for days to make them perfectly clear. Sorry but I don't see it happening any time soon.