mka 1919 sale

Not as inexpensive as Ctd but Centerfire Systems have them for $669 shipped and they are of the Eksen manufacturing plant!(Newer generation with no "Bejewelment"!! And milspec picattiny rail).

• Like 1

Not as inexpensive as Ctd but Centerfire Systems have them for $669 shipped and they are of the Eksen manufacturing plant!(Newer generation with no "Bejewelment"!! And milspec picattiny rail).

Sooo... it would be worth the $$ for the Centerfire one? Have not pulled the trigger,but if the Centerfire version is better I'd have no problem getting that one instead...

All the new ones are out. It would be hard to find one with the jewel. I've had mine almost a year now and mine does not have the jewel.

Actually the newer version has been imported into the states as of 2012,but there still are a lot of older generations still floating around. Just make sure your purchasing an Eksen plant model and not a Usylvek manufacturing plant one, Might of spelt that wrong?

so school me... what are the differences, and how to make sure? When I call to order, what do I ask for...?

Actually from what was told to me. Was that there are three differentiating factors. 1) Eksen located on side of the lower receiver 2) no "Bejewelment" 3) The picattiny rail is mil spec,not over enlarged. Like the Usylvek plants produced.

well kinda confused i have had mine since 2011 and it was made in usylvek does not have the jewels just red and white paint and the picatinny rail seems in spec

I don't know might be the beginning of the change process. There are other differences but I cannot remember what they told me(Nanci at Firebird) one other thing is the newer style Mka's start with I believe she said an "x" in the beginning of the serial number. I will contact them again on tues. For more info.

The photos of the conversion model on Centerfire systems shows Firebird stamp on the lower, so one would be hopeful of the better model? Or maybe it would not matter as much if they did the work. Altho kinda ruins the fun of doing one yourself, even tho I have no place or tools to do one...

Only the first small batch imported, had the jewels and the non-spec rail. Those were imported in May of 2011, did not have the "X" prefix, and were marked Ucyildiz.

By December of that same year, the "X" guns started coming in. The jewels were gone, the rails were mil-spec, and the markings changed to Eksen.

I don't think there are very many out there with the jewels.....around a 100 or so. That's about two guns per state. Clyde Woods at RAA told me after the first batch arrived, that they were not going to receive any additional shipments until the jewels were removed and the rails made mil-spec.

Tony

• Like 2

Awesome info,and thank you for clearing all this up. I only brought this up because I have seen at a couple of gun stores these so called "bejeweled" ones for sale and thought they were still out there for sale at some of the bigger retailers. Again thank you for the clarification.

Only the first small batch imported, had the jewels and the non-spec rail. Those were imported in May of 2011, did not have the "X" prefix, and were marked Ucyildiz.

By December of that same year, the "X" guns started coming in. The jewels were gone, the rails were mil-spec, and the markings changed to Eksen.

I don't think there are very many out there with the jewels.....around a 100 or so. That's about two guns per state. Clyde Woods at RAA told me after the first batch arrived, that they were not going to receive any additional shipments until the jewels were removed and the rails made mil-spec.

Tony

I have to spoke to clyde and Nanci at Firebird to get my info above,I am sorry I started all this? I only wanted to make sure "We" weren't buying older model stuff.but I would go with what Mr.Rumore said above.because that is what they told me also.Mine has a Eksen manufacturing stamp on my lower right side of bottom lower.

have not had any problems with mine but is it bad that mine is made in ucyildiz? is there other differences???

I do not think there is anything wrong with your model.like anything else in this world the longer a product is out the more improvements are made do to feedback.(ex.Glock is in there 4th.Gen. Now,Due to user feedback)Your fine I wouldn't worry!

well, bummer. gonna hold of methinks. Need to look at some other 'toys' other than yet another shotty. Wifely Unit© reminded me of a promise I made her some time ago...

That's why it took me six months to buy mine. Lol. My wife (aka. Boss)